Switching Spamskill

Switching Spamskill

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ylvina.6749

Ylvina.6749

hey everyone, i hope this is the right section but it sounded like it..

well.. how the most know is it possible to switch the autocastmode from 1 to any other skill. when i switch it to a skill with an AoE effekt that needs no target to cast like Dagger 5 Fireattunement from ele, this skill is castet everytime when its ready.

what i wanted to know now: is it allowed to stand maybe in a swamp where are a lot of white mobs and kill those with the new autocast while i take a shower (or something like that)?

i wonder because its a ingame mechanik and no third party programm but it would give me an advantage over other players who doesnt do that

Switching Spamskill

Posted by: gassy.8975

gassy.8975

I suggest NOT doing this. ArenaNet has made it very very clear that you should be controlling your character at all times, and gaining xp or anything else (such as completion of a daily) while afk goes against that basic prinicple. Yes you could try what you are suggesting, but is it worth the risk? Actively play the game you purchased and you shouldn’t have any problems.

Switching Spamskill

Ylvina.6749

thats why im asking =D it would be nice to have a clear answer from a GM.

and if its not allowed i wonder why we even can switch the autocast o.รด

Switching Spamskill

Posted by: gassy.8975

gassy.8975

Some people are perma-banned and get this reason: “Your Guild Wars 2 account has been terminated due to botting, extended unattended play, using macros, or similar behavior.”

I’d consider parking your character in an area and using a spam skill while you go afk to be “unattended play”. You might not get an official answer. If you try it and get perma-banned, let us know somehow.

Switching Spamskill

Ylvina.6749

You might not get an official answer.

yeah.. i think so… too bad =(

Switching Spamskill

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

I’d go with :

If you get an official answer, it will be “that is not allowed”

Switching Spamskill

Posted by: hoegarden.4287

hoegarden.4287

i wouldn’t be surprised if that is allowed….
It is also allowed to map 1 action to 10 keys and press all keys at once… It will not count as an auto-clicking thing…. But the effect is almost the same. 10 actions fired in less than 0.1 second…

Switching Spamskill

Rajani Isa.6294

i wouldn’t be surprised if that is allowed….
It is also allowed to map 1 action to 10 keys and press all keys at once… It will not count as an auto-clicking thing…. But the effect is almost the same. 10 actions fired in less than 0.1 second…

I would, because what the OP is describing would be unattended play

Switching Spamskill

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

hey everyone, i hope this is the right section but it sounded like it..

well.. how the most know is it possible to switch the autocastmode from 1 to any other skill. when i switch it to a skill with an AoE effekt that needs no target to cast like Dagger 5 Fireattunement from ele, this skill is castet everytime when its ready.

what i wanted to know now: is it allowed to stand maybe in a swamp where are a lot of white mobs and kill those with the new autocast while i take a shower (or something like that)?

i wonder because its a ingame mechanik and no third party programm but it would give me an advantage over other players who doesnt do that

You cannot play the game while you’re in the shower. You should be actively playing the game or you should log out until you can. It’s that simple.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Switching Spamskill

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

You cannot play the game while you’re in the shower. You should be actively playing the game or you should log out until you can. It’s that simple.

But if I wrap my laptop in a plastic bag …

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Switching Spamskill

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

It is also stated that you should be using ONE key for ONE action. If you bind macros with multiple actions on one key, you will be banned if detected.

Switching Spamskill

Rajani Isa.6294

It is also stated that you should be using ONE key for ONE action. If you bind macros with multiple actions on one key, you will be banned if detected.

The OP was talking about just using the auto-cast in game. Although now that I think about it, doesn’t it require a target to work?

Switching Spamskill

Ylvina.6749

not every skill.

and thx for the response gayle. not what i wanted to hear but better then nothing

Switching Spamskill

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The OP was talking about just using the auto-cast in game. Although now that I think about it, doesn’t it require a target to work?

Not for Ground targeted AoE