TP Eats money, support says tough luck?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rakanishu.2980

Rakanishu.2980

So this morning around 10am EST I bought a Shiver Sky dye for about 9g 50s. The TP took my money, but there was nothing in my pickup tab. I look in “items I’m buying” and it showed that I had a buy order for 1 copper for the dye. Sooo, it took my money that I placed for a buy now, and instead of giving the dye it just sticks a bogus buy order in there.

I file a support claim (Incident:130415-001315) and all they say they could do is restore my account to days ago, losing lots of other progress I’ve made. I don’t farm much, so 10g is a lot for me in-game. How can this be normal support for a currency that can be easily equated to real money? This doesn’t make any sense.

Normally when something like this happens on the TP, it fixes itself within 30 minutes or so… but it has been 7 hours now and nothing.

Rakanishu.2980

Arg. Yeah and nothing more here. Not sure what I was expecting.

Posted by: YaDante.6028

YaDante.6028

I just experienced the same thing. Tried to buy gems for gold on the currency exchange and it kept my gold with out giving me my gems, i put a ticket in, they pretty much blamed in on the connection and tough luck

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Yeah sadly all you can really do is just earn back the gold and hopefully move on. It’s a frustrating experience, and probably has left you feeling raw about it. Hopefully it won’t ruin your experience of Guild Wars 2 forever.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

keep in mind you have only 1 chance to restore your account if i remember well what Anet said about it, and so i highly suggest you to save this solution if you really need it example if your account get hacked.

10g is not a big money, i know it takes time to do this but trust me is not worth spend the account restore for just 10g.

wish you good luck mate!

Loli Ruri.8307

keep in mind you have only 1 chance to restore your account if i remember well what Anet said about it, and so i highly suggest you to save this solution if you really need it example if your account get hacked.

10g is not a big money, i know it takes time to do this but trust me is not worth spend the account restore for just 10g.

wish you good luck mate!

Actually gaile has said that they will do more than 1 rollback, but it requires them to be convinced. Cause I’m sure they are not going to hold it against you cause 3 years ago you got a rollback solution. The reason behind the once only is to prevent people from abusing the system, and tying up resources.

Rakanishu.2980

Thanks, yeah I was going to pass on the restore anyways because the hours of progress I would have lost in order to do it was not worth the 10g anyways. It’s too bad this T kitten uch a clunky and buggy part of such a great game. When you have a tool that is involved in processing transactions, it should probably be a priority for development so that you don’t anger too many people, especially when dealing with real life money… I don’t know any other business model where it’s acceptable to say “Sorry for taking your money and giving you nothing back, better luck next time”

RNG buy button !

Loli Ruri.8307

I don’t know any other business model where it’s acceptable to say “Sorry for taking your money and giving you nothing back, better luck next time”

Actually from my reading of the lastest ToS that you must agree to upon playing the game, the Gems have no actual real life money value, even if you paid for them with real money. So according to the ToS, losing gems means losing $0.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Rakanishu.2980

I don’t know any other business model where it’s acceptable to say “Sorry for taking your money and giving you nothing back, better luck next time”

Actually from my reading of the lastest ToS that you must agree to upon playing the game, the Gems have no actual real life money value, even if you paid for them with real money. So according to the ToS, losing gems means losing $0.

Ouch, well that explains why they can get away with this.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

So this morning around 10am EST I bought a Shiver Sky dye for about 9g 50s. The TP took my money, but there was nothing in my pickup tab. I look in “items I’m buying” and it showed that I had a buy order for 1 copper for the dye. Sooo, it took my money that I placed for a buy now, and instead of giving the dye it just sticks a bogus buy order in there.

I file a support claim (Incident:130415-001315) and all they say they could do is restore my account to days ago, losing lots of other progress I’ve made. I don’t farm much, so 10g is a lot for me in-game. How can this be normal support for a currency that can be easily equated to real money? This doesn’t make any sense.

Normally when something like this happens on the TP, it fixes itself within 30 minutes or so… but it has been 7 hours now and nothing.

I’m sorry that this happened. But can you tell me if you did the whole “Empty your mailbox of all mails and see if the items drops down into the box” thing? About 80% of the time, we find that the reason the item did not arrive is because the mailbox is full!

Can you tell me if you’ve tried that? That’s the first thing I’d like to try in troubleshooting this issue.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Hum, gaile he bought from the tp, the item isn’t going to drop on his mail.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hum, gaile he bought from the tp, the item isn’t going to drop on his mail.

Oh man, now that is embarrassing. You’re absolutely right. I’m so used to “I bought an item in the gem store and…” that I didn’t notice the critical letters “T” and “P.”

I will try to look at the ticket tomorrow; I hope to learn more.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Actually, according to the dev response in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Error-attempting-to-sell-lost-item/first#post1847965 full mailboxes DO affect trading post deliveries. It’s worth a shot. =)

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Just to throw it out there, make sure your pick up tab isn’t full, mail box isn’t full, double triple check your buy orders etc. There has been reports of people buying and selling items and the tp has some delay in processing the trade so sometimes it’s there but you can’t see it. To my knowledge, I have yet to see someone who hasn’t been able to recover an item from the TP in the end, usually 90 % of the time if its a gem store item, it’s a full max box issue, if it’s a tp item, it’s either a delay in the TP or full pick up tab, or just someone picked it up and didn’t realise. Anyways, gl with it.