Two Accounts - Account terminated on one

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Geo.1603

Geo.1603

Good morning,

Your reference: #130627-001841

I am pretty sure I would not be the only person that owns more than one copy of GW2. So I am posting and looking for help here, as my last communications with Anet support staff’s responses is simply cut and pasted.

I have read the End Users’ Agreement as per advised and found that I have not conducted any wrong doing. I don’t even know where to begin to sell gold. I have a main account which I am on right now and just would like to ask for help here, is this what happens when you have 2 copies of GW2 and you send mail back and forward between the 2 accounts?

Please look into the communications between my two accounts (Geo.1603/Geo.3189), this may sound sad that I write, and mail myself items and reminders. I did not conduct in activities described as in ‘borrow, lend, loan, network or sell or engage in any activity that could in any way transfer or provide others access to any Service, Content, Software or parts thereof.’

I hope to hear from anyone with helpful information~

Thank you for your attention and assistance in this matter.

Regards,

Geo

8/8 Professions @ 80

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi Geo,

You are right, you are not the only person owning more then one copy of GW2 and it is perfectly allowed to sent gold between them. However at the moment support is claiming you did differently and has been involved in gold selling for real life currency.

Off course I can’t say whats is the right story. I know support can make mistakes. I also know that bad people come here being very convincing liar’s.

So please understand that support has the same issue when separating the right from the wrong.

You are saying the last communications where cut and paste?? does that mean you got a more personalised answer earlier. My experience is that the first reaction is almost always automatic (to filter out spam and other rubish), but reacting to that normally results in a more clearly answer.

If you feel that you have been mistreated, feel free to wait for the supportliason. She is
rather nice and fluffy (though ferocious if you try to pull tricks on her).

In the case you want her help and did hit a dead wall at support you dont haveto do anything else. Good luck!!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Geo.1603

Geo.1603

Hey there Mercury~

To clarify, so far I have received 3 sets of communications: one is automatically generated to acknowledge of the support ticket, the second is the cut and pasted terms and conditions, the third is please reply to the message if I have anything else further – which in term I have responded that I still needed help, and thus far, received none.

I read the guidelines here so I understand I probably done all I can… and that if I do post the entire conversation here for all to see doesn’t really help with anything besides giving away my real name is ‘George’ to the rest of the community (I am not really creative with my users names as well as you can see). I wasn’t successful in trying to find anything similar in the forums, I just would like some more information – or if this happened to anyone else.

I have sent a ton of mats, items, and trigger happy TP shopping results without considering the limitations of my inventory slots to my alternative account – and funny enough this account is working fine.

Or maybe it is about to get blasted too?

I would be really upset then.

8/8 Professions @ 80

Posted by: prism.4982

prism.4982

I think that through some investigations they will figure this out for you.

best of luck buddy.

Posted by: Geo.3189

Geo.3189

Hey all, got my account back, as you can see~

<— Geo.3189

And this is the resolution email; and like I said, above, looks like its only my first name will be discovered (zomg oh nooes).

Hello Geroge,

Thank you for your patience while we completed a review of the administrative action taken on your account.

While our investigation points to the fact that your account was involved in a violation, we are going to extend leniency to you on a one-time basis. We have reinstated your account and you may rejoin the game now.

In the future, please take care to observe the Rules of Conduct, the User Agreement, and the Naming Policies, all of which can be found on our legal pages here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/

Also, please keep in mind that future violations may result in increased penalties or irreversible account termination, as explained in the Conducts Breaches and Outcomes document, also found on the legal pages linked above.

Thanks,

Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com

Previously as mentioned above I have tried the search function and found nothing useful. And odd enough the GW2 support team still addressed that ‘as a fact,’ I have caused violation and thus the termination.

As of now I feel wrongfully accused – good thing this isn’t a murder trial.

This is my response to the support team:

Good morning,

Thank you for your prompt response and the reinstatement of my GW2 account (Geo.3189).

Finally, please advise what/which specific violation, and activities I was involved with for future references; as I would not wish to repeat the same mistake that you have accused me of making – I simply wish to be informed of my wrong-doing that provoked the termination process in the first place.

Thank you for your attention and assistance in this matter.

Regards,

George

Hopefully they will address to my final request – and so that I can inform the community here – well mainly to those who have more than one GW2 accounts, of what to do, and what NOT to do.

Thank you all for reading so far~

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

-snip-

Hopefully they will address to my final request – and so that I can inform the community here – well mainly to those who have more than one GW2 accounts, of what to do, and what NOT to do.

Sorry, but for security reasons, we will not give you details on what took place. I know you want them; I know you feel you deserve them. But with our increased focus on cheating, exploiting, and other forms of abuse, what we tell a reinstated player can be used by people with malicious intentions, so we have to keep that info confidential.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Geo.3189

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate the time you took to look into the matter~

Geo

Posted by: Brom Malochson.9306

Brom Malochson.9306

-snip-

Sorry, but for security reasons, we will not give you details on what took place. I know you want them; I know you feel you deserve them. But with our increased focus on cheating, exploiting, and other forms of abuse, what we tell a reinstated player can be used by people with malicious intentions, so we have to keep that info confidential.

Gaile, I wonder this myself now. If he did not know what he did to get his accounts terminated in the first place, how can he prevent from the same mistake again? The resolution states that the accounts were restored due to leniency, not due to no wrongdoing. Mistakes happen. What if he does the exact same thing (Not that your response is wrong, just that there are two points of view and I’m curious.)

Brom Malichson | DB Elementalist | Temple Commander | Knights of Ares [ARES]

Posted by: gassy.8975

gassy.8975

There are people who use bot programs to automate their characters. I’m not saying the op did… I don’t know anything about his situation. But if people who DO use such tools are told that they were caught using tool X or tool Y, they’ll either switch to other tools or will modify their scripts.

Or if people are told they were caught accepting gold from a known RMT account and were flagged initially due to the sum or number of transactions, they’ll transfer in smaller amounts or fewer transactions.

I’d rather ArenaNet not give away that info.

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

There are people who use bot programs to automate their characters. I’m not saying the op did… I don’t know anything about his situation. But if people who DO use such tools are told that they were caught using tool X or tool Y, they’ll either switch to other tools or will modify their scripts.

Or if people are told they were caught accepting gold from a known RMT account and were flagged initially due to the sum or number of transactions, they’ll transfer in smaller amounts or fewer transactions.

That can be true,

However, if someone who just trying to play the game accidentally do something wrong.

Then they should be told what they did wrong.

If they are not told, then they could do it again without knowing it is wrong.
That they dont know about.

Posted by: gassy.8975

gassy.8975

How would ArenaNet determine if someone “accidentally” did something wrong? If someone in my house installs a bot program and I later play my character while the bot program is running, not knowing it’s running, would this be accidental? If I find that I can access a locked chest just by sitting on it and I do this repeatedly because the chest keeps respawning, and I don’t know that I’m doing something wrong, is that accidental?

I’d bet that at least 95% of the people who are suspended know exactly why they were suspended. Well, this is assuming they only did one thing that was considered an infraction. If someone bots and exploits and uses slurs in chat and curses in chat, they might not know which of those things earned them a suspension, but I’d consider that an extreme case.

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

While that may be true a simple “we found you were botting” or something along those lines.

Imagine if the cops arrested you, then let you go and said “alright we are going to go lenient on you this time. Next time you do that you are going to jail for good. We won’t tell you what you did to begin with though.”

Yeah good luck not doing what you don’t know you did to begin with.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

While that may be true a simple “we found you were botting” or something along those lines.

Imagine if the cops arrested you, then let you go and said “alright we are going to go lenient on you this time. Next time you do that you are going to jail for good. We won’t tell you what you did to begin with though.”

Yeah good luck not doing what you don’t know you did to begin with.

The situation support is describing is that they know you broke the roles for 95% certain, but 95% isn’t 100%. when there is doubt one should get the benefit of the doubt.

Bottom line is that support is telling the OP that he very likely got away from something he shouldn’t have been doing and they advise him to (re) read the user agreement and additional document to make sure he won’t be doing that again in the future. This cause he actually should have been punished.

In my country it has happened that someone called William Petersonwas caught redhanded when robbing a bank, he was caught by the police and he was brought before a judge. The police however misspelled his name as Wiliam Peterson, so on paper he wasn’t the guy who did what he was accused off and got of the hook.

Support got in a situation simular then this where they still believe the OP did wrong but have to let him go cause of mistake on their part. Or atleast thats how I read their reaction. I haven’t seen any evidence off course and it’s not my place to judge. so my advice to the op is to re-read the useragreement and make (more) sure not to break it in the future.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Geo.3189

Support got in a situation simular then this where they still believe the OP did wrong but have to let him go cause of mistake on their part. Or atleast thats how I read their reaction. I haven’t seen any evidence off course and it’s not my place to judge. so my advice to the op is to re-read the useragreement and make (more) sure not to break it in the future.

I did.

And more than once. It took about 4 hours of my life I don’t think I will ever get back.

In the end, I still don’t know what I did wrong. And if I am in the wrong, here, go ahead, terminate this account.

Posted by: Grimthagen.6019

Grimthagen.6019

-snip-

Gaile, I wonder this myself now. If he did not know what he did to get his accounts terminated in the first place, how can he prevent from the same mistake again? The resolution states that the accounts were restored due to leniency, not due to no wrongdoing. Mistakes happen. What if he does the exact same thing (Not that your response is wrong, just that there are two points of view and I’m curious.)

This kind of Catch-22 situation is an absolute plague on current generation MMOs.

I fully agree that most of the people accused of doing wrong are actually doing wrong, and I applaud ArenaNet for doing what reviews they do rather than simply assuming a 0% false positive rate.

Still – being suspended like Geo was is bewildering. Then being reinstated with a dire warning without any further information is really difficult to interpret. If a player genuinely doesn’t know what was wrong in the first place, the warning only serves to make them paranoid about ever playing the game again (that is, if they care about the game at all – i.e. they are good and loyal customers).

I really hope that some company someday will create a policy that actually allows CSRs to say what exactly the player in question is “charged with”. I know why they currently don’t – but I’m simply not convinced that stance is the best practice, just that it’s the most common practice.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Honestly, for people who didn’t do anything to get suspended/banned/punished but now don’t know what they did (like falling through a glitched floor or something), their account should be flagged with a “leave this person alone now” note so they don’t end up being repeatedly flagged erroneously.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!