Waiting 5 days for a response for hacked acct

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Simba Kay.3129

Simba Kay.3129

Ok, here is the deal. Roughly 5 or 6 days ago, as soon as I realized my account was hacked, I submitted a ticket. I did not right down the ticket #, and having received no response, I created a new ticket with updated information, as I see no way of updating the original ticket. Still hearing no response, I submitted a third ticket, which I do have the # ( Request #920531 ). This is a 2nd account that I own, the account in question is my main account Mother Reefer.9573. The original email registered to that account has been changed by whoever hacked my account. If somebody can please reply to my tickets and help me out, I have numerous ways of proving I am the original owner of that account. This is driving me crazy and I admit I am becoming quite upset, the sooner we can get this sorted out the better, because I’m really hoping I don’t miss out on my WvW tournament rewards, or the new title. Somebody PLEASE help me……

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It is possible all the replies to your tickets (remember, submitting duplicate tickets puts you at the back of the queue each time), are being intercepted by the person that compromised your account. Often, when game accounts are compromised, email accounts are compromised, as well.

If you continue to have issues, you might consider creating a new, unique email account and contacting the CS Team with that.

Good luck.

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

I just replied in the 3 day and older thread. We have replied to you and you need to follow through on securing your account. If you’re not getting our emails I highly advise you to change your email password immediately.

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Simba Kay.3129

I secured both my emails with new passwords as soon as I found out I was hacked. I just checked and I have not received any emails, either in my inbox or junk folder, Are you sending them to my actual email or the one it was recently changed to?

If they are being sent to the email that my account was changed to, well that is the hackers email….

(edited by Simba Kay.3129)

Simba Kay.3129

Should I create a new email just for the sole purpose of sorting this out?

Posted by: bradldz.3728

bradldz.3728

The responses would be sent to whatever email you used when you opened the ticket.

Simba Kay.3129

Hmm, well I haven’t received any response at that email. I have changed the password on it twice since its been compromised. Perhaps it is possible that they are being intercepted somehow…

So I guess my question is do I go ahead and create a new account to communicate with GW2 support with, and if so how should I inform them of the new email? Should I just put it here? Or create a new ticket? Or….? I just want my account back and all my stuff, I appreciate all help

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Everything is checking out. Check your spam and junk folders for mail from us.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Simba Kay.3129

After doing some investigating I have found out that your support address was added to my block list, ( no doubt thanks to the hacker ), and have removed it accordingly. Please resend a response to my email if you could please. Thank you

And if you could please notify me here when it is sent so I can tell if that was the issue or not? Thank you. Sorry this is turning out to be a pain

(edited by Simba Kay.3129)

Simba Kay.3129

In the event that I still do not receive any mail, I have already created a brand new email that can be used to figure this out, that I would be happy to share with you

bradldz.3728

In the event that I still do not receive any mail, I have already created a brand new email that can be used to figure this out, that I would be happy to share with you

Just letting you know in advance (in case you were thinking about it), do not post the new email address on the forums. Or any other personal sensitive account information.

Simba Kay.3129

I’m not sure what to do now. I don’t know if another response email was sent yet, or if there was and I’m still not getting it, or what is going on. Should I just create a new ticket with the new email that I created and go from there, or should I wait for a respnse here?

Simba Kay.3129

I just followed all the instructions in this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Not-Getting-Our-E-mails-Hotmail-Yahoo-Gmail-Comcast. Please re-send a response email to see if it worked.

Simba Kay.3129

Please don’t be upset, but I created another ticket #930592. It was really bugging me and I just had to see if that is what the problem is.

Good news is that is what the problem was, and I finally received the automated response, so I am now receiving emails from you. Now that I think about it I never received any of the automated responses to any of my previous tickets, which should’ve been a big clue right there. But anyways all seems to be working now, so if you could please resend your response to my original ticket #916540 that would be great. Thank you

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Please don’t be upset, but I created another ticket #930592. It was really bugging me and I just had to see if that is what the problem is.

Good news is that is what the problem was, and I finally received the automated response, so I am now receiving emails from you. Now that I think about it I never received any of the automated responses to any of my previous tickets, which should’ve been a big clue right there. But anyways all seems to be working now, so if you could please resend your response to my original ticket #916540 that would be great. Thank you

Update that new ticket to say that it’s a duplicate and to respond to the older ticket.

Duplicate, unclosed tickets, slow down response time. While support can close them, it’s a lot easier if you tell Support which ticket is the best one to close.

Simba Kay.3129

I have done that. I am now just awaiting thier response to be re-sent to me. Looks like the crew might have signed off for the night though…

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The CS Team works 24/7/365. Your ticket will be responded to in the order it is received. You need only give them time to work through the queue.

Good luck.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Just a suggestion….abandon the hacked email and make sure ANY websites (especially retail or financial ones) you used via that email address are changed to a new email.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Simba Kay.3129

Yes I agree, and plan on doing so. As soon as I regain access to my account I will change my email to the new one I created. Right now I’m just waiting for them to resend me their response to my original ticket, since all previous responses were automatically deleted. I have also included my new email address in that latest ticket I submitted. Hope to hear something soon

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Okay, I’ve got the team on your ticket so that we can retry getting you that mail. I’ll look back here throughout the day to be sure this moves forward.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: Thee Reformer.1068

Thee Reformer.1068

Yes I have received a response and it is being worked on. As of now I have changed my password and can at least log into my account, as you can see. It’ll be a couple of hours still before I can actually log into the game. I’m hoping that no damage was done and I won’t require a rollback, but that seems like wishful thinking considering I had a decent amount of gold and quite a few valuable items in my bank and inventory. I will know more later.

Thank you for your assistance in the matter so far, it’s greatly appreciated.

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Hooray!! (fillerbecausepostmustbe15characterslongtosave)

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yes I have received a response and it is being worked on. As of now I have changed my password and can at least log into my account, as you can see. It’ll be a couple of hours still before I can actually log into the game. I’m hoping that no damage was done and I won’t require a rollback, but that seems like wishful thinking considering I had a decent amount of gold and quite a few valuable items in my bank and inventory. I will know more later.

Thank you for your assistance in the matter so far, it’s greatly appreciated.

And that display name is so going to get nerfed.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Thee Reformer.1068

Well, I finally got logged into the game, and unbelievably, nothing seems to be missing. I am utterly in shock. Who would hack my account and then not even take anything? Perhaps they figured they would have more time with it. I did report it as soon as I found out though. I consider myself lucky. Regardless, I think I’ll be changing my email very soon just to be safe. Thank you to everyone who helped me with this, you are all awesome. GW2 support team is top notch.

And yeah, my original character was named Mother Reefer, I was made to change it, and even received a brief ban for trying different alterations of it. Finally gave in and just changed it. I’m hoping I wont be made to change that also…

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Nope, they will change it for you. Either an anagram, or something totally different. You won’t get to choose what it is, like with a character name.

Thee Reformer.1068

Nope, they will change it for you. Either an anagram, or something totally different. You won’t get to choose what it is, like with a character name.

Well, considering I’ve had it for over two years now, since head start, and it’s not caused any problems whatsoever that I’m aware of, even get complimented on it sometimes, I don’t see how it’s now suddenly a problem.

Anyways, that’s a whole separate unrelated issue. Everything is back to normal it seems, I can play GW2 again , I’m happy. Big thank you once again to the GW2 support team. Awesome job

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

It violates TOS due to the drug reference. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve had the name, there is no time limit.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

bradldz.3728

Well it has been changed already glad you’re back in game tho and glad nothing was missing from your account, very unusual, you must have been very lucky