hacked account

hacked account

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: theKnife.6374

theKnife.6374

Q:

i can log in into the game but when i select a character to play i am asked to provide that characters name. i didn’t proceed past that since you all should already have that.

hacked account

theKnife.6374

A:

@cyber, just gotta learn the friendship face roll. in retrospect, a character named “Keyboard Face Roll” would have been better.

@blue i don’t want anyone from Arenanet looking at my account, really. i asked for help and got a suspension so the more anonymous i am, the better. also, chances are i won’t play again since this experience has sort of nerfed it for me. this thread is interesting though.

thanks again everyone.

hacked account

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Please contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket — mostly intended for security reasons to establish that you own the account — please read this post and provide as many suggested details as possible to expedite the ticket.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

hacked account

theKnife.6374

just so everyone else can know how ridiculous my problem is….

one of my characters names contained “LOL” and that is offensive ( apparently ) so now my account has been suspended. Way to go ArenaNet.

hacked account

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

one of my characters names contained “LOL” and that is offensive ( apparently ) so now my account has been suspended. Way to go ArenaNet.

Was your name just “LOL” or were there some other letters or words also in the name? I’m a pretty creative person and I can think of several ways to combine “LOL” with other words or letters to make it much less benign.

At the risk of sounding accusatory, from my experience reading this forum more often than not there has been more to the story. If this is not true in your situation I apologize.

The Burninator

hacked account

theKnife.6374

name was “Radomir Zlatan LOL”. it was the gw2 version of my necromancer from GW1 who was named “Radomir Zlatan”. maybe there is some religious zealot somewhere who thinks LOL stands for Lucifer our lord. who knows.

I won’t be playing GW2 anymore if the in game thought police are this fascist.

hacked account

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

name was “Radomir Zlatan LOL”. it was the gw2 version of my necromancer from GW1 who was named “Radomir Zlatan”. maybe there is some religious zealot somewhere who thinks LOL stands for Lucifer our lord. who knows.

I won’t be playing GW2 anymore if the in game thought police are this fascist.

Minor point. I didn’t think a name could have a capital letter in the middle. It’s first letter capitalized, the rest not. How did you get LOL as part of your name? It should have been Radomir Zlatan Lol.

hacked account

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I have a totally different question. Have you done what Gaile Gray asked you to do?? File a support ticket.

She has your account name, and in many case like this she allready looked up what charactername in question is. I have seen many threads like this where she just react something like:

It seems that we get a few of these daily. Usually, “I meant it a different way,” or “I had no idea that [reallybadname] was really bad,” or “That’s not offensive at all!”
The name is not acceptable; it’s that simple. Looking at your account history, I simply offer that for names and in-game chat, please, choose wisely.

The fact that she is giving you a different kind of reaction might indicate that she has a different respons to you in mind, but needs a ticket to do so.

It also can never hurt to post your ticket number in this thread.

good luck!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

hacked account

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, it is the Zlatan part. Can mean ‘flaming backside’ (insert inappropriate term here).

I agree there is no way to have the name Radomir Zlatan LOL.

hacked account

mercury ranique.2170

But both Radomir and Zlatan are very common slavic names. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is afamous footballplayer (swedish but with Slavic roots/and I mean european football), Radomir is also a well used given name in Slavic culture. So I’m also a bit confused if this is the full name and the reason for the name change. Hence my advise to file that support ticket.

hacked account

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Maybe I’m being exceptionally naive but I can’t think of anything wrong with Radomir Zlatan Lol. I googled Radomir and Zlatan and found them to be common names and Radomir Zlatan didn’t pull up anyone famous that would trigger a ban. Lol is perfectly inoffensive. Soooo Idk. I am curious what Gaile Gray will say now. Maybe it’s just a mistake. That as happened before. A guy with character name Grey was told to chosen his name and it turned out to be a mistake.

Be sure to post your ticket number. That’s important.

hacked account

mercury ranique.2170

Maybe I’m being exceptionally naive but I can’t think of anything wrong with Radomir Zlatan Lol. I googled Radomir and Zlatan and found them to be common names and Radomir Zlatan didn’t pull up anyone famous that would trigger a ban. Lol is perfectly inoffensive. Soooo Idk. I am curious what Gaile Gray will say now. Maybe it’s just a mistake. That as happened before. A guy with character name Grey was told to chosen his name and it turned out to be a mistake.

Be sure to post your ticket number. That’s important.

My point of view on the matter is that a GM has suspended this person cause of his character name(wich we have to believe his word on what it was). The support liason has given a respons different then her usual respons. This gives me the feeling she wants to deal with this through a support ticket. silent and maybe without giving us bystanders any feedback of the outcome.

My suggestion bout this thread. let the OP if needed post his ticketnumber and give it a rest. enough has been said and it might be time for diplomacy to kick in

hacked account

theKnife.6374

minor typo; it was Lol. didn’t know this was going to be forensically analyzed.

my account suspension was lifted by one of the support folks but i had to change every single character name on my account. all 6 of them. Arenanet can’t handle provocative names like Alasdair Kelemen or Radomir Zlatan Lol.

my new character names are just a face roll across the keyboard. there’s very little chance Loiewsfd Uklfiou ( or the like ) can be found offensive.

and @Mercury, yes, i created a support ticket and they suspended my account. ( when this thread was created i was getting a name challenge when trying to select a character; going to support resulted in a suspension [great support, huh?]) i then created a second ticket to get a more reasonable moderator who undid the suspension and let me rename my character(s). the first support ticket suspended my account until next sunday.

so issue resolved i suppose. probably won’t be playing again though.

hacked account

Posted by: Cyber.1798

Cyber.1798

my new character names are just a face roll across the keyboard. there’s very little chance Loiewsfd Uklfiou ( or the like ) can be found offensive.

Also, if I was your friend, I would never even bother /join or /whisper <your name> lol…

You know… Unless they think you’re a bot whose name was generated randomly and get you banned for botting xD

hacked account

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

You might want to put your ticket number in the thread and request a review from Gaile, if that’s the case.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

hacked account

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

The reason why they are recommending you post your ticket number for Gaile to look at is because she has been very helpful not only clearing up WHY something got flagged (at least, what for) but has helped several people resolve issues to their satisfaction.

hacked account

Posted by: Zierk.4289

Zierk.4289

Hey man don’t feel bad, my account got hacked and I was told they wont restore my account because and I quote: "Please understand we cannot provide more items for the gold sellers to steal and sell. If you require assistance with anything else, please let us know. " way to go AN.

Zierk [VA] Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
Vigiliant Addiction – Multi-Gaming Community
http://www.vigilantaddiction.com

hacked account

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Hey man don’t feel bad, my account got hacked and I was told they wont restore my account because and I quote: "Please understand we cannot provide more items for the gold sellers to steal and sell. If you require assistance with anything else, please let us know. " way to go AN.

Riiiiiiight.

hacked account

mercury ranique.2170

Just to tell the full story (again).
You got hacked due to a security breach on your computer. Depsite warning from support and members here your rushed in for an account restoration instead of first making sure you are ok. Then you got hacked again (I wonder why?) and demanded a second restoration while still refusing to take all steps needed for an account restoration.

They made you aware of the account restoration faq’s. One important for you is: ‘We offer one restoration during the lifetime of a Guild Wars 2 account. To safeguard your account, please be sure you use the best security processes, as outlined in this article.’

hacked account

Posted by: Zierk.4289

Zierk.4289

Just to tell the full story (again).
You got hacked due to a security breach on your computer. Depsite warning from support and members here your rushed in for an account restoration instead of first making sure you are ok. Then you got hacked again (I wonder why?) and demanded a second restoration while still refusing to take all steps needed for an account restoration.

They made you aware of the account restoration faq’s. One important for you is: ‘We offer one restoration during the lifetime of a Guild Wars 2 account. To safeguard your account, please be sure you use the best security processes, as outlined in this article.’

So I will admit to being ignorant to the 1 restoral for the lifetime of the account as I only breezed through the restoral FAQ since they told me to respond back quickly as you should know. What are you an incognito GM flaming people on the forums under a regular user account? W2G. I guess Arena Net already got my money so why bother helping a customer who gets hacked TWICE instead of once… And for the record the second account restoral was requested not demanded thank you. Even with everything that has been brought to light Arena Net can not dispute the reason they will not perform a second account restoral is because of this: "Please understand we cannot provide more items for the gold sellers to steal and sell. If you require assistance with anything else, please let us know. "

Almost as bad as PWE with the money grubbing. I can’t believe Arena Nets total lack of customer service when it comes to this. You guys re-victimize your players, how do you expect them to keep playing your product?

650+ hours, around $350 spent in gems and this is how I get treated by a game that I supported. The bad part is I was deployed overseas when the original hack happened and wasn’t able to respond in a timely manner. It’s all good at this point, me and my guild will find another game to play.

Zierk [VA] Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
Vigiliant Addiction – Multi-Gaming Community
http://www.vigilantaddiction.com

hacked account

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

No, that’s completely untrue. In just six days, you have chosen to use about a DOZEN offensive names. You went from unacceptable acronyms that contain the “F” word to “creative spelling” of the very same bad names. You appealed the cutesy spelling and an agent made a mistake and let you back in the game.

By rights, you should be serving a two-week suspension. Count your blessings, don’t lie on the forums, don’t breach the Naming Policy (which includes prohibitions against “creative spelling” of offensive names and terms), and be aware that if you continue down this path — soon, very soon — you will be looking at an account that is permanently closed.

And yes, I have zero patience for this sort of post and will not hesitate to out those who engage in lies to our forum community and/or about our company.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

hacked account

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Was your name just “LOL” or were there some other letters or words also in the name? I’m a pretty creative person and I can think of several ways to combine “LOL” with other words or letters to make it much less benign.

At the risk of sounding accusatory, from my experience reading this forum more often than not there has been more to the story. If this is not true in your situation I apologize.

Let’s just say I had a hunch.

Should do an ongoing thread where all these are compiled as well. It might discourage some of these tall tale threads. Then again probably not. I do enjoy reading them for some odd reason.

The Burninator

hacked account

Previous

Gaile Gray

-snip—

You guys re-victimize your players, how do you expect them to keep playing your product?

-snip-

No, we did not victimize you! You were victimized by a hacker, and due to a lack of personal security, you were hacked more than once. We can’t create a “revolving door” of hack/restore/hack because that has a negative impact on the game economy. We offer restorations, and we explain the process carefully. Mistakes in judgment on the part of the player rest with the player. Please don’t malign ArenaNet for what is a fair and generous service!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)