locked out of account!

locked out of account!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Yeisei.9358

Yeisei.9358

Please make sure your password change utility works before you lock me out of my account. Telling me to change my password.
I’m locked out of my main account as of today. I have tried many times to change this password with the same result. No change of the password & no errors just a refresh of the password change page!
I have never missed a daily & I will be more then a little upset if I miss even one.
Unlock my account until yopur able to fix this.
there is zero need to change my password in the first place & leagal action could be pending if this isn’t corrected ASAP

Yeisei (aka… IceTeaMan)

Attachments:

locked out of account!

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

There is a need to change your password, you can change your password in the forums by clicking My Account above and then entering your old password and your desired new password.

Secondly I would advise you to not threaten legal action as anet might be required to forward it to their legal team, which means you wont get any help from anets support team. In real life this is how it works if you threaten legal action against any entity, the agent will cease helping you and send you to the legal department. It also helps if you spell ‘legal’ correctly.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

locked out of account!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Please contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

Please use care in tossing in threats of legal action. At the point someone does that, the team may be unable to assist you and you may be referred solely to our legal counsel… who cannot assist you with your password issue. So if you are wise, despite your obvious and understandable frustration, you will forego the threats.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

locked out of account!

Yeisei.9358

Please contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

Please use care in tossing in threats of legal action. At the point someone does that, the team may be unable to assist you and you may be referred solely to our legal counsel… who cannot assist you with your password issue. So if you are wise, despite your obvious and understandable frustration, you will forego the threats.

I will not file a ticket
I feel my account is now extreamly unsafe!
in order to change my password I had to type in 3 words
this has resulted in every hacker in the world knowing what to look for
my old password was far safer then what I have now.

locked out of account!

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I will not file a ticket

No where was the requirement 3 words. You could pick 2 long words, 6 short words, words from other languages, a whole bunch of gibberish, etc etc. Your old password was insecure, Anet wanted people to fix it to prevent issues (like when Blizzard was hacked and about 200k passwords were stolen). Lets put on our big boy pants and be an adult about it.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

locked out of account!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I will not file a ticket

If your were unable to change your password initially, that probably means you selected new passwords that were blacklisted. The 3 or 4 word combination was just a suggestion.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

locked out of account!

Yeisei.9358

I will not file a ticket

If your were unable to change your password initially, that probably means you selected new passwords that were blacklisted. The 3 or 4 word combination was just a suggestion.

just maybe part of the problem is that your told on the page where you change your password that it has to be at least 8 characters. but 8 characters or even 10 characters will not work period.

locked out of account!

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

…Your old password was insecure, …

No it was not. But Anet had to draw a line and that was fixed to a special date on which Anet implemented something on security. Most of the passwords older than that date were threatened, but not all. But Anet had no way to check which were safe and which were not. Thus it was easier to make the mandatory change.
I would not have needed one, but I accept the decision because it was done for our sake.

If you were able to make secure passwords the fist time, you might be able to do it a second time.

Sure, 8 letters are not much, but even 100 are not sufficient, if you don’t do it right. And I discovered that in most cases, you don’t even have all the options, because mostly you are restricted to letters and numbers and often it is limited at about 20 in length. That won’t do. Only having all the options will help. Even if you don’t use it to the max.

locked out of account!

Yeisei.9358

A-net forced everyone who linked a GW1 accout to thier GW2 account to use the same password as the GW1 account. So in fact A-net caused any/all problems with passwords from the start. have 2 GW accounts Both had the password chaned on the same day. Yet only one of those accounts was forced to change the password. & it was not because ether password was on any blacklist before the change.
I have stage 4 colon cancer & don’t need any extra stress period. I ask nice for A-net to fix the problem on thier end, on the password change web page!
There must of been zero thought put into this forced password change. Other wise A-net would of been awear that both passwords were changed on the exact same day & if one needed changed the other should of needed changed too.
This proves beyond any shadow of a dought that they have no clue as to what they are doing.

locked out of account!

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

My password change worked without problem, but I did not wait for the mandatory change and I changed it via the account – security version on this website.
Linking GW1 and GW2 does not make both more insecure. Not if you have a new unique mail and a new unique password. I had prepared one for day one of GW2 in August. But as some security acts (like the blacklisting of passwords) have been introduced only in September, I had to change now too.

locked out of account!

Yeisei.9358

In GW1 with all 4 accounts I have linked to 1 master account.
The only way to change a password on any of the 4 accounts was to use the master account. That is until GW2 came out. Now those passwords can be changed from GW2. How is that safe for my GW1 accounts?
If changing a password in GW1 effects GW2 how does that make GW2 safer?
The forced password reset doesn’t take into account any GW1 accounts. If you added alt accounts to GW2 that were linked a GW1 account. It was counted as a pasword change even though the password was never changed. why/how was this overlooked
& how does this effect password safty?
Having had multi-email accounts for games doesn’t fly ether. 2 of the 4 GW1 accounts I have. The company that hosted the email back at the start of GW1 no longer host email. if it wasn’t for the master account that only requires 1 email address. I can still edit those accounts.
A-net is well awear of that problem with the start of GW2 & the linking of GW1 accounts to GW2.
too many email accounts = too many passwords. people will tend to use the same password on multi-accounts or resort to wrighting the passwords down. How does multi-email accounts make games safer?
As I stated in my OP the web page used to change your password states “must be at least 8 characters” I used more then 8 characters every time I tried to change my password. But it turns out you get a message stating your password is already in use or on the black list if it’s too short! Those who are having problems with changing thier password are being mislead not only by the 8 character requirement, but also by a bogus error message misinforming them of the reason the password change failed!
players were booted from the game yesterday & locked out of thier accounts.
then mislead about why the forced password changed failed to change.
asking A-net to correct these problems is asking too much?

Attachments:

(edited by Yeisei.9358)

locked out of account!

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello there,

As Gaile already explained, you need to submit a ticket to our customer support team, they are the only one that can help you with this situation.

Posting here on forums will not solve your current issue, therefore this thread is now locked.

Thank you for your understanding.