possible missing money

possible missing money

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mars.3504

mars.3504

Can I check how I have spent my gold over the past 24/48 hours? I’m sure I had 14 gold I now have only 9. I’ve not put new orders in at black lion. I have checked what I have bought at black lion and that is in order. I know I spent some off-loading found belongings, and in normal game play, travling and repairs, but I do not get through gold that quickly normaly. I’ve not given any away. I don’t rembember spending it. If I have then thats me being stupid, if not I have a more serious problem.

possible missing money

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You will have to contact support for an answer to that. Top of page -support, then top of page -submit a request.

possible missing money

Posted by: mars.3504

mars.3504

cheers for the help

possible missing money

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hi. I talked with our team about this, and while agents are able to pull this information, it can take a lot of time and generally is not a good use of their time. This is because what agents generally find is that the balance changed because someone paid fees that s/he forgot, or that the player forgot about a recent acquisition that accounts for the “missing money.” There is a 10% tax fee in the TP and a 5% non-refundable listing fee, as well. When the figures are gathered and calculated, the “missing money” is found to be accounted for in those fees.

If someone is hacked, they’re generally going to lose all their gold. There’s no known issue with accounting in the game, and if there were such an issue I believe we’d definitely know about it! Therefore, these individual issues usually can be resolved by the player considering his or her recent activities and calculating purchases, sales, and fees. We’d appreciate if players would do this before contacting Support, since taking the time to do this research for individual players means that other players must wait for other essential services, such as the resolution of a hacking incident, an account restoration, or the return of game access to someone who isn’t able to log in, etc.

Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

possible missing money

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The non-Dev response to the OP would be: Do a better job tracking your own spending. Just like in real life, you’re responsible for your own money.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

possible missing money

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Idk. He lost 5 gold out of an initial amount of 14 gold. Usually someone who only has 14 gold KNOWS if he bought an item that is 35% of his wealth. Even if he bought something and then forgot, he says he checked the TP transactions. And 5 gold is not normally something that a person with 14 gold is going to lose through volume transaction fees, wp costs and repairs.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

possible missing money

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There are several threads around the forum recently (last week or so) about missing gold. There may be a bug with the TP or something. I’m not sure, but this isn’t an isolated case.

possible missing money

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Or this is player error. Of course all we’re doing is assuming. I would agree with Gaile that having an agent spend time researching the assumed loss of 5 Gold, that’s wasting their time. I’m temped just to send the OP the Gold myself to save Customer Support the hassles of rejecting his request.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

possible missing money

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

I’m temped just to send the OP the Gold myself to save Customer Support the hassles of rejecting his request.

More threads about missing gold incoming. I myself am miraculously missing 627g. Open to donations

Anyways on the record to OP, mb u bought a gift of blades (3g) or some tomes of knowledges (30s), they can quickly add up.

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

possible missing money

Posted by: ceteareth.3957

ceteareth.3957

been missing gold aswell.