why i am banned for 71 hours?!?!?!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: sportman.7329

sportman.7329

i just get kicked out of game and it says i am banned for 71h.
R u joking me?!
it says my char name is bad 0_o
i play with my mesmer since game started whats wrong?! plz unban me
his nick name is Mentaldisorder
what wrong in this nickname?!

here is my ticket number #130311-000604

you r the first mmo that instand of request player rename his characher you just ban them , its really ridiculous.
i am very offended from that attitude. i have been huge fan of your game. and got just banned like that with out chance for warning even or able to change my nickname.

(edited by sportman.7329)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might try logging in again, after an hour or so…as they have changed their stance on unacceptable names from the 72-hour automatic ban, to a short ban with the opportunity to change your nick and get back in the game. If you read the TOS, which you agreed to, you will see why your name is unacceptable. Good luck.

sportman.7329

i tried i am still banned, even tho it againt Tos. why banning ppl for 72H?!
you can just let me with warning and let me change my name. i did not name my char that name to offend ppl. it was cuz i used that name in all mmos i played and this one is first mmo that ban me for my name 0_o. i got the idea it bad name i can change it!~ just let me.. dont ban me for freken 72H cuz of it

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I can only suggest to keep trying to log in and change the character name.

Here is the official word taken from a quote by Gaile Gray:

“I show you as reinstated immediately after the name censor. We’re trying out a more kindly procedure, and since this was your first name block, we flagged the name (it must be renamed, but I don’t think you argue with that!) but we removed the suspension. If you rename acceptably — and I am confident that you will — then you’ll be just fine.

For broader info: If someone were to rename offensively, they would serve at least a 72-hour suspension with the second name infraction. We’re testing this, and we’ll see if it’s effective. I hate to go back to the “insta-suspension” for the first name block, so I’m hoping this will prove to work well to remind people to not use offensive names, get those names out of the game, but keep the players able to continue playing.
Gaile Gray
Support Liaison
ArenaNet"

Unless this is your second or subsequent inappropriate character name, these rules should apply in your case, as well.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

sportman.7329

its my first warning and i am banned for 72h!!! .
and he says only from second infraction u get 72h.
so i expect they lift my ban asap and let me rename my char!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: DocNuas.4280

DocNuas.4280

What I don’t get about this policy is: Why allow the so called “inappropriate name” to be entered and then ban?

If you can’t use it then don’t allow it in the first place!

sportman.7329

Posted by: hoegarden.4287

hoegarden.4287

Well DocNuas, they can’t check every single inappropriate combination a player can make. But the name the OP used is kind of inappropriate. Maybe it’s meant to be funny, but for players who have kids or friends like that, then it’s not funny.

sportman.7329

this ban is really not fair. i collected lures since they out for daily quests.
now his 3 days ban will stop from me getting 3 lures ! that i can not get them ever again.
i am on race to get my ascended jewerly. i still think since its my first warning i should not be banned for 3 days come on..

sportman.7329

Well DocNuas, they can’t check every single inappropriate combination a player can make. But the name the OP used is kind of inappropriate. Maybe it’s meant to be funny, but for players who have kids or friends like that, then it’s not funny.

i really did not try insult ppl. it just since i play mesmer i tought if he can spawn alot clones so giving him this nickname could be fuuny.
by forcing me change my nickname when i login and let me go with my first warning.
already will make me undersand my mistake. but adding to that 3 days ban and interrupt my game play and make me lose my dailyz cuz of that, well that on other hand is Very very very Evil.. arena net

sportman.7329

i got unbanned , i can login! but i can not change my name..
is there chance to change my name? i dont wanna get reported again and get banned again for more days

Posted by: DocNuas.4280

DocNuas.4280

The problem with this rule is the cultural factor!

People from countries where english isn’t the main language aren’t aware of all (perhaps maybe none) the expressions that can be interpreted as offensive, because only native english speakers are aware.

I am from Portugal and I actually found the name funny because of it’s relation to the character… But of course that I wasn’t aware of the negative impact of the name until exposed here… Because for me is just that… funny!

That’s why I think the ban should not be so promptly applied, because not everyone is aware of that significance!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m in favor of getting those kinds of names out of the game… Just in a more efficient and fair method!
;)

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

Simplesimon said that when you log in with the flagged character you will be able to change his/hers name. Try it!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/How-to-change-name-after-suspension/first#post1603564

If there is no option to change your name you need to contact support: Account Support

(edited by White Wolf.3291)

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

What I don’t get about this policy is: Why allow the so called “inappropriate name” to be entered and then ban?

If you can’t use it then don’t allow it in the first place!

Yeah… like my actual account name For Faux Sake.4958 was changed this morning to this without warning or even a notification. Had to see it like this to find out. I didn’t even get a say in what it was changed into.

What the hell AN.

Good luck with your issue Sportsman. If it means anything, I thought the name was funny for a mesmer.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

You were never suspended. As explained by our agent, you may have been momentarily removed from the game as the name was censored, but you were never given a suspension.

Lesson learned: In the future, choose wisely.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet