1 Month Account Can't Even Deposit 11 Copper

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dave.1592

Dave.1592

Yes, just what the topic says.

I bought an second account about a month ago (finished the 28 day login reward cycle once already) in order to do some extra ascended crafting for my main account.

Even yesterday I could mail myself a bolt of damask. Today I find myself only able to deposit coppers and can’t even place the damask in the guild bank (or mail it).

I’ve heard (and read past forum posts about this issue) that the trading/mailing restrictions get removed after about a month, but for me they’ve only gotten tighter, not looser.

Rough timeline:

Week 2: level up armorcrafting to 450 to craft damask. Can send back extra mats and deposit gold in guild bank 1 gold at a time

Week 3: no issues mailing damask back to main account. Did not test gold mailing as account held very little gold

Week 4: no issues for the first part of the week. Gold deposit limited to 6 silver yesterday, 1 silver today. Item mail/deposit not working as of today.

If it is useful to anyone, I tried depositing everything on the character at the moment.

Items that will deposit:
10 copper (lol) now 20 copper now 7 copper
Ambrite chunk
Superior Rune of Snowfall

Items that will not deposit:
11 21 8 copper (huehuehue)
Quartz Crystal
Superior Rune of Lyssa (vendor trash rune btw)
Bolt of Damask
Deldrimor Steel Ingot

(edited by Dave.1592)

Dave.1592

Update: I can now deposit 20 copper. Twenty. Whole. Copper. Yes, 21 copper gets red flagged by the system.

I can also deposit quartz crystals now.

Update 2: I can deposit a powerful blood, but I can’t withdraw it back, nor deposit any more.

Update 3: Now I’m back down to 7 copper.

(edited by Dave.1592)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you tried a -repair of the client? Top/Bottom of Page – Support – Search (Repair)

If you desire an individualized response, you can submit a request for assistance to the CS Team. Top/Bottom of Page – Support – Submit a Request.

Be aware, the CS Team is a bit overwhelmed at this time due to the promotion and forthcoming expansion, and, as such, response times are somewhat longer than usual.

Good luck.

Dave.1592

I have my alt running a different copy of the client. Logging in from the “main” copy of the client does not change things, so it would seem that the issue is not client side.

I posted here mainly to see if others have encountered similar issues, although I will post a ticket if this problem does not resolve itself after 30/31 days (a “real” month)

(edited by Dave.1592)

Posted by: NeedsFoodBadly.2671

NeedsFoodBadly.2671

That’s a little weird. I did have some trouble last week borrowing some gold from a friend who had just started playing when GW2 was on sale. 1 gold. A gold. And it was restricted. As if goldsellers were going to sell 1 gold at a time. Holy bejeezus Anet. Stopping goldsellers is great but give us a kitten break.

Remember: Don’t Shoot Food!

Dave.1592

Update 1st day of new cycle: deposit capped at 12 copper.

13 copper is apparently still LOL RMT DANGER WATCH OUT

Another update: down to 2 copper deposits now.

(edited by Dave.1592)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I was always under the impression that active play with the account was required before the limitations would fall off. I don’t think limitations fall off simply due to account age, but by actively playing the account.

If you have not already, try completing a few dynamic events and hitting a few POIs and stuff with the account and see if it triggers the restrictions to fall off properly.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I was always under the impression that active play with the account was required before the limitations would fall off. I don’t think limitations fall off simply due to account age, but by actively playing the account.

If you have not already, try completing a few dynamic events and hitting a few POIs and stuff with the account and see if it triggers the restrictions to fall off properly.

This is true. Restrictions are not based solely on time. For instance, the amount of gold able to be sent is restricted by the amount of gold earned on an account, not just the time an account has been active.

Good luck.

Dave.1592

I’ve even completed the daily the past few days so idk. I’ll try 100%ing DR to see if that changes things.

Crafting is also up to 460 and 400 on the alt.

Anyways, the main “bug” I am reporting here is that restrictions have gotten (much) tighter recently, not that they haven’t worn off yet.

Update: bought an AC P1 run. Friend needed another person to fill the slot, and I figured it’d count as “actively playing”. After the run, my deldrimor steel ingots finally mailed and my guild bank deposit limit went back up to 1 gold.

(edited by Dave.1592)

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Its a stupid mechanic in my honest opinion. Paid accounts should have no restrictions.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: FriedChicken.5310

FriedChicken.5310

Necroing this post from 4 days ago to add some more information for this account

Trade limit appeared to trigger when taking out a lot of mats from personal guild bank (transferred from main for leveling jewelcrafting).

Half of the mats could not be withdrawn, and similar transfer limits described in the OP started happening.

The account is ~20 days old

The account has a level 80 character

This is getting kind of ridiculous.

Posted by: chris.9142

chris.9142

As it has been said you need to play the game more not just craft and use the guild bank do some world completion and more dungeon runs

I5-4670k @4.2Ghz – 8Gb 2133mhz Gskill
Msi Z87 Gaming Board AMD R9 270x
-crucial 256 M500 SSD -Samsung 500Gb HDD