100% map completion and never got my gifts

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Stephen.9824

Stephen.9824

so i just finished my map completion last night i got the achevement and the title but i never recieved my 2 gifts of exploration.

i looked online and tried visiting the chantry and a few other places it said to try still no gifts so im out of ideas, tired opening a ticket that was over 12hours ago and still never got a responce so im posting here in hopes that someone can help me

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Try entering the Chantry of Secrets instance in Bloodtide Coast.
Has worked for some.

Benight[Edge]

Stephen.9824

Try entering the Chantry of Secrets instance in Bloodtide Coast.
Has worked for some.

as i stated above ive already tried this

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

You can try visiting every map and make sure you have claimed the map completion reward for each map.

If you have an outstanding ‘chest’ waiting to be opened for even one map, I hear that it is possible you will not receive your final map completion reward.

Stephen.9824

hmm ill try that and it also didnt give me the star on my name but it gave me the been there done that achevement

Edit: tried and didnt work

(edited by Stephen.9824)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

When you tried every map, did you include all WvW maps and city maps?

Also, though it should not affect World Completion, there is a list of PoIs and Waypoints added since launch on the wiki. Maybe one of them might affect it, even though they should not.

Stephen.9824

When you tried every map, did you include all WvW maps and city maps?

Also, though it should not affect World Completion, there is a list of PoIs and Waypoints added since launch on the wiki. Maybe one of them might affect it, even though they should not.

yep got them all heres a screen of my map thing in the top left

Attachments:

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The screen will only tell you if you are close to 100% complete as it rounds up. It also won’t tell you if you have collected the reward chests from each map. You really have to physically visit each map, again, to be sure.

Good luck.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The screen will only tell you if you are close to 100% complete as it rounds up. It also won’t tell you if you have collected the reward chests from each map. You really have to physically visit each map, again, to be sure.

Good luck.

It is the character select screen that rounds. The map inside does not. I just my ele back to 100% earlier. With just the 1 WP missing(because of the one added for Marionette) it shows at 99%.

Stephen.9824

I have revisited all the maps already there was no un collected reward and im 1000% sure i didnt miss anything its a game glitch and support has been ignoring me for over 24 hours now so it looks like im on my own

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Support allows themselves 72 hours to respond to tickets, other than the immediate ‘we received your submission ticket, someone will respond’ email. Make sure to check all junk/spam/etc. folders as emails do end up there, sometimes.

Posted by: Bau Bau.7389

Bau Bau.7389

I had a similar problem when I completed exploration for the first time. This is what I suggest you to do.
Go to the exploration section in your achievement list. There you will find percentages for the exploration of all the regions of Tyria (Maguuma, Kryta, Orr, ecc…). It may happen that some of these areas are not complete even if you got all the POIs, WP, and such (as you show in your screenshot).
Some maps, in fact, have sub-areas not containing POIs, events, or WPs. They display just an area name… and that’s it. Even missing one of these sub-areas implies no gift of exploration (or, at least, this is what happened to me in the past).

In order to locate those areas, check each map on the Wiki (in the region resulting incomplete from the Exploration achievement section) and give a look to sub-areas list. The ones whose content results as " – " are the ones you have probably missed.

Hope it helps!
Good luck

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The explorer achievements are not tied to map competion. You can have 100% map completion and not have all the explorer achievements.

If you have checked for unclaimed map rewards on every map including WvW and cities, and went into the Chantry of Secrets again and went in far enough to trigger the POI again, then I have no other suggestions.

Good luck, hopefully you get it resolved soon.

Stephen.9824

yea i tried all of the above and still nothing and still no responce from support on the issue been 3 days now

Stephen.9824

bumping this up

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

The explorer achievements are not tied to map competion. You can have 100% map completion and not have all the explorer achievements

Yes, exploration is based on discovering every sector in the map. Not all sectors have a POI/skill challenge/etc. so you can 100% a map but still have an undiscovered sector. Check each map and look for any “blurred” sections of the map.

Stephen.9824

man this is terrible the only thing i need to make my legendary is the gift and by the looks of this im not gonna get to make it because im not doing the completion on another toon to have it glitch again

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

There are also areas that are only available in your Personal Story. If you haven’t done them, you could have a completion for the map and still not 100%.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Stephen.9824

its all complete

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

yea i tried all of the above and still nothing and still no responce from support on the issue been 3 days now

Stephen, put your support ticket number in the Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older thread, Gaile Gray looks at that and should be able to help you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/

There’s definitely something bugged here, you have demonstrably 100%ed the world so they should be able to sort out the missing Gifts.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Stephen, put your support ticket number in the Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older thread, Gaile Gray looks at that and should be able to help you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/

There’s definitely something bugged here, you have demonstrably 100%ed the world so they should be able to sort out the missing Gifts.

This indeed. But before you do that, please check this post, you might have missed the reply: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Not-Getting-Our-Mails-Yahoo-Gmail-Hotmail-and-more

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Stephen.9824

bump still no reply

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t think you need the white-areas-exploration achieve to get your Gifts of Exploration. I know I had my gold star (and Gifts) on my main long before I finally found the tunnel in Sparkfly that had stopped me from Maguuma completion. I also just got a second gold star and Gifts on an alt and I know I didn’t work on finding all the white areas with her, just the zone completion requirements.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

bump still no reply

You won’t get a reply from the Liaison until she does a group post in the sticky, which happens every couple/few days. Have you updated your ticket? That may or may not help. Good luck.