2 hours wasted because of a crash

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sanguinar.3517

Sanguinar.3517

This is so infuriating. I spent +2 hours doing events leading up to the meta event and then as I’m doing the meta event in Tarir the game crashes. When I load back into the game I’m sent to another version of the map with no one there. Like seriously?

I doubt it has anything to do with my computer. I’m running i-7, 6th gen GTX 970, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10 and 64 bit.

What the hell is going on? Up until yesterday I’ve been fine and don’t recall ever having crashes, but now within the last two days I’ve had 3 crashes all during meta events that I invest hours into doing – hours wasted.

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Having a lot of RAM, you should try the 64-bit client of Guild Wars 2. That will allow the game to use more of your system RAM, since 32-bit apps can only use about 3.5 GB of memory, thus causing the frequent “Out of memory” crashes.

Guild Wars 2 can use as much as 6 GB or memory or more depending on your graphic settings.

Info: 64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Will.6829

Will.6829

As a matter of course you should always join a party during big events to ensure you rejoin the same map you were dropped from if/when disconnected.

This is precisely why you see people spamming “LFG” in map chat when big events kick off. They’re not just being clingy – They’re exploiting the party tool as an Anti-DC mechanism!

Now you know…