23rd Feb Update bugs: post yours here

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mevic.7489

Mevic.7489

1. Lag or skill lag in pve and WvW. WvW is unplayable even with small groups, I had HUGE battles with 0 lag or skill latency before this update. Load times are normal.

2. When I sometimes port to another map I can’t jump, and when I go underwater I crash to the desktop. Sometimes I can go underwater but can’t use weapon skills. It may be caused when I switch characters while being underwater. Sometimes when I relog the underwater guy is at the closest WP and not underwater anymore.

3. LFG is slow, can’t join/post parties, sometimes it tells me I already joined too many parties.

4. Can’t jump in WvW

5. bad dat file error

I think I’m missing something, will edit when I remember.

Post your bugs.
Cheers!

(edited by Mevic.7489)

Posted by: RED.8239

RED.8239

I’m having same/ similar problems. Can’t jump after switching characters. Logging out sometimes helps for awhile. Characters not where I left them. Moved to a WP but not always the closest.

Posted by: Kezika.7692

Kezika.7692

I encountered the inability to jump problem one time as well and had to restart the game to correct it

Posted by: Akrib.4297

Akrib.4297

For the LFG when I try to make a group it doesn’t show the description, so I have to edit it and and resubmit it to get it to show.

Posted by: Rodger.2831

Rodger.2831

Have all the problems listed above. Have crashed to desktop many times and submitted the requested report each time. To save location I enter PvP and exit then when I return to that character I won’t have been moved to a WP. I have two accounts. Only the account with HOT is having the problems.

Posted by: Zero Tolerance.1539

Zero Tolerance.1539

I appear in the same place I was in, after moving my characters, when relogging. Malchors Leap map.

Actually, it’s happening on any map (well, any I tried). Doesn’t matter where I go, next time when logging onto the same map, my chars are in the place they were before moving.

(edited by Zero Tolerance.1539)

Posted by: jbolene.4352

jbolene.4352

having logout position not saved on multiple toons, some login at a random WP in the same area, some login to the last WP they went to

Posted by: Winter.1753

Winter.1753

The lightning skill ‘3’ in Sanctum Sprint is randomly either overshoots (jump completes and than adds a roll) OR it is blocked mid-jump before half the distance is travelled.

Posted by: Seleuce.6895

Seleuce.6895

Another one in the row, got most of the problems above, and constant dc’s. :/

Posted by: Boxer.5369

Boxer.5369

I have the same problem when logging back in, I’m always in the same place and got disconnected today. I don’t have a problem with the jumping but a couple of days ago I did have a problem with dodging. Anet, I’m sorry for making a post similar to this one. I only checked the technical forum to see if there was a similar post, I didn’t check the bug forum.

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Yep, logout position does not seem to be saved properly. I ported to a wp (lowland burns for the shatterer), (fee was deducted from my coins), logged out and when I logged back in I was at the spot I was in before porting to lowland burns wp. Same thing happens in Lions Arch, I park my char at the bank, logout and go to bed. The next morning when I log in, I’m at the point I were before parking it at the bank. It’s very annoying.

Posted by: Takina.1739

Takina.1739

I havent played much since the last patch because the 1 thing I am noticing is so bad I havent stayed on.

I am getting what i will call a stuttering lag. Basically I’m moving forward 3-4 steps, 1 step back, forward 3-4, 1 step back.

Never had this before. Ive had lag, Ive dropped connection, my FPS has never been very high but this is NEW. And it is so annoying I havent been on more than 30 mins since the update, which is when it started

Posted by: Luna.1839

Luna.1839

I get crashed to desktop with the popup that says something like: “Gw2.exe has encountered a serious issue, bla bla … send a report to ArenaNet”. I keep sending these off but never hear back from the team. Now, that wouldn’t be an issue if there were some sort of larger response to it, but I haven’t heard or read anything yet.

I use the 64 bit client, if that is of any use to anyone. I can add here that I’m getting these crashes on several different machines, with different hard-, and software. They often occur when I’m just about to finish some large scale event, such as Tequatl, DS, meta, TD meta, Shatterer, Vinewrath etc.

I’m not the only person who’s been crashing a lot lately. At least one or two guildies crash per tequatl run, every day. For them it seems to be happening in areas with a high population as well. Not getting loot and being unable to get the boss chests is just amazing <3

I would really, really like to have someone at least confirm that this is being looked into! Thanks in advance

Coo! Quaggan loves you!
Luna

~Leader of Kingdom of Northern Dragons [Rawr]~
PvX | ~160 Members | Gilded Hollow | Level 69 | 18+
TS3: Rawr-Dragons.com (no pw) | Currently Recruiting!

Posted by: Luna.1839

Luna.1839

Oh, asked some guildies to add their own reports here but:
“I’d post my problem, but I’m afraid tabbing out will crash my gw”. -Shyv.8296
Tabbing in and out seems to be causing some problems as well.
“I uninstalled and did a fresh instal with the 64bit client, was fine for a while, then poof”-Taylir.8164

Yay, you guys. It happens so often that some of us are getting rather fed up with doing large scale events, since we often end up with nothing. Whoop!

~Leader of Kingdom of Northern Dragons [Rawr]~
PvX | ~160 Members | Gilded Hollow | Level 69 | 18+
TS3: Rawr-Dragons.com (no pw) | Currently Recruiting!

Posted by: Itsbeckaboo.7913

Itsbeckaboo.7913

I have noticed that tabbing out will often cause not just a client crash, but needing to restart my entire system. As of late, sometimes Window’s is able to recover my display driver and things go back to normal. It is definately annoying and my heart kinda skips a beat each time I tab out, but this problem has been with me for a while now.

As stated above, the stuttering makes the game cause headaches and WvW, PvP, and even PvE are a nightmare. The Devs just awknowledged the issues in this thread.

I’ve seen threads about solutions for black screens when playing, but not tabbing out. So if anyone found something as a work around, I’d love to know! Personally, I know that I am 90% sure to crash if I try to tab out shortly after way pointing to the Gilded Hollow, for whatever reason.

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

since the patch i haven’t had a complete dc with a send error report until today. 1 was day of the patch in TD mapping and it went to my char select screen, did this twice yesterday in LA after 2nd time guild panel didn’t work properly had to relog. Today in the guild hall opened the panel for scribe upgrade npc got the pop up GW2 has encountered a serious error with the send error report. this has never happened to me since the patch on the 23rd. Hasn’t happened at events yet. really in the Guild Hall?

(edited by DivaCeryn.2673)

DivaCeryn.2673

went to character select screen again at vinewrath in silverwastes again this afternoon around 2:20 pm cst. this also happened to 14 other guildies at the same time today as we do this as a guild event each week. people in map chat were saying the same thing. yes i have the 64 bit and i did a repair last night it found nothing wrong with my client.

DivaCeryn.2673

Hasn’t happened since Saturday now today, Monday randomly going to character select screen again get the can not connect to guild server sometimes on them. Have 64 bit and have ran repair twice now since the 23rd both time 0 bad files found