2mm opening while running in windowed mode

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Merc The Forgotten.5610

Merc The Forgotten.5610

I’ve always had this issue from day 1 of the game. At the bottom is a 2mm opening when i run in windowed mode.
I’ve made a little screenshot to show what i mean.
http://imgur.com/PnOM8I3
I hope this gets a fix. It but since the release of gw2 and now still afther so many years it still didnt get any treatment. So i’m not hoping too much. It only happens to gw2 not with any other games. I’ve asked around in a few of the guilds i’m in and others also have the same issue.

(edited by Merc The Forgotten.5610)

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Don’t believe that’s a bug. In windowed mode, the GW2 window will take up the size you set it for in the graphics setting of GW2, plus the title bar and border (which is a Windows setting).

So that opening is what’s left of your screen resolution after taking out GW2, the title bar and borders, and your taskbar.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

In windowed mode, the game doesn’t go by in-game resolution settings. It has a completely customizable size, within the constraints of your desktop resolution. The problem is with how Windows 10 handles the borders around some games in windowed mode. The gap left is about the same as the standard window frame/border in Windows 7 (with aero theme). It’s limiting the game window size as if that border was still there, instead of the 1 or 2 pixel border Windows 10 has.

This doesn’t happen with every game, but I’ve seen several effected by it. The only thing I’ve found to do for it is use borderless window instead of a window. Or just try and ignore the gap.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Merc The Forgotten.5610

Merc The Forgotten.5610

In windowed mode, the game doesn’t go by in-game resolution settings. It has a completely customizable size, within the constraints of your desktop resolution. The problem is with how Windows 10 handles the borders around some games in windowed mode. The gap left is about the same as the standard window frame/border in Windows 7 (with aero theme). It’s limiting the game window size as if that border was still there, instead of the 1 or 2 pixel border Windows 10 has.

This doesn’t happen with every game, but I’ve seen several effected by it. The only thing I’ve found to do for it is use borderless window instead of a window. Or just try and ignore the gap.

Is it possible to get this borderless mode with gw2?

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Is it possible to get this borderless mode with gw2?

Yup, choose Windowed Fullscreen. It still runs in windowed mode (you can Alt+Tab easily) but you will get no border at all, not even a title bar.