3 years after, Mac client still failing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: wiloman.8613

wiloman.8613

The game has been live for 3 years, the Mac client has been around since release yet it is still in “beta” and has no stability whatsoever.

Everytime i try to play on mac, the game crashes after a little bit.
I keep sending error reports, and after 3 years there has been NO IMPROVEMENT.

What’s up with that ? Is there anyone working on it or has it been trashed ? Why do you advertise a feature and then dont support/finish it ?

If you’re going to sell the game to Mac users, make it work.

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

you might try setting the graphics to best performance. That seems to help with several of the graphics related bugs. I know it is not the answer you are looking for but it might help until the someday that ANET manages to figure out what is going on. I don’t have much hope by now since the major graphics problems go back to late 2012 and early 2013.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Posted by: wiloman.8613

wiloman.8613

you might try setting the graphics to best performance. That seems to help with several of the graphics related bugs. I know it is not the answer you are looking for but it might help until the someday that ANET manages to figure out what is going on. I don’t have much hope by now since the major graphics problems go back to late 2012 and early 2013.

An answer is an answer, thank you

I just hoped maybe Anet would finally pay attention to that side of their offer, since they’re still advertising Mac support for HoT.
So far it kind of feels like a deceitful offer made to draw more people into buying the game.