36 opened lion chests, not 1 phantom glider

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nooker.7856

Nooker.7856

Please fix this, every Account has 1 glider latest after 10 chests, I have now opened 36 chests just for the phantom glider and received not one!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Please fix this, every Account has 1 glider latest after 10 chests, I have now opened 36 chests just for the phantom glider and received not one!

It’s not true that “every account” has 1 glider after 10 chests. It’s random and the people reporting results are self-selecting, so it’s not a representative sample of actual drop rates.

Suppose the true rate is 1:10 as claimed. Then there’s over a 2% chance that someone will open 10 chests without getting one. In a game with tens or hundreds of thousands of accounts, it’s not surprising that a tons of people will open 10 chests. Someone has to be the one with bad luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There’s no bug. That glider is not guaranteed to drop after 10 chests (or after any particular number of them). If you keep opening chests, you might eventually get it. Or you might not ever get it. It’s up to you to determine if it’s worth the money/time.

Posted by: Xantalas.1732

Xantalas.1732

You are just unlucky Nooker. I got mine after opening just the one chest we got from TP.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

It’s not true that “every account” has 1 glider after 10 chests. It’s random and the people reporting results are self-selecting, so it’s not a representative sample of actual drop rates.

Suppose the true rate is 1:10 as claimed. Then there’s over a 2% chance that someone will open 10 chests without getting one. In a game with tens or hundreds of thousands of accounts, it’s not surprising that a tons of people will open 10 chests. Someone has to be the one with bad luck.

Bad luck yes , i have 5 accounts .. i got crap on 4 of them with the free chest and i got a Grasping Phantom Glider on a NON-HOT account .. so i can’t even use it

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Ran some simulations assuming a 1 in 10 chance of getting it … the worse case scenario seems to be around 170 chests required to open. A 1 in 10 chance does not mean everyone will get it within 10. 36 is not even at the median yet

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I opened 11 chests and I didn’t get the Glider. I did, however, get a skin that would be worth 250 Gold on the TP. And a Mini-pet worth 1.5 Gold and a Mad King Dye worth around 70 Gold, I believe. And 2 BLTC Tickets and 5 scraps.

And all that in the first set of 5. Nothing great from the freebie (maybe one scrap), or the second set of 5.

Thus, it is just luck. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes — not so much.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Bad luck yes , i have 5 accounts .. i got crap on 4 of them with the free chest and i got a Grasping Phantom Glider on a NON-HOT account .. so i can’t even use it

Oh, FF. I feel for you.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”