4 staves make ... bloodseeker?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Anjirutaru.6130

Anjirutaru.6130

I was trying for my precursor, and had gathered up 4 rare staves to toss into the mystic forge. I was super excited when i saw an exotic come out till i saw what it was. Bloodseeker, an exotic focus, made from 4 staves. I didnt even know that was possible. Is this a bug? Did the game decide to eat my items and waste my chance at getting an exotic staff? I was under the impression that 4 of any 1 item will produce an item of the same type of equal or greater(at a 20% chance) rarity. Is this not true?

(edited by Anjirutaru.6130)

Posted by: WaxWorm.8574

WaxWorm.8574

It should work like that, yes.

Can you be absolutely sure, that you did use 4 staves? Because some sceptres or spears might look like a staff on first sight.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It should work like that, yes.

Can you be absolutely sure, that you did use 4 staves? Because some sceptres or spears might look like a staff on first sight.

Many tridents look exactly like staves too.

Anjirutaru.6130

i know there wasnt a trident in there, but a scepter might have slipped through, would that make it have a chance at making bloodseeker?

Posted by: WaxWorm.8574

WaxWorm.8574

As soon as you aren’t using 4 weapons of the same type, the output is a weapon of same or one level higher rarity and of random type. Only if you use 4 weapons of the same type, the output will be of the same type.

Anjirutaru.6130

well, i cant rule out human error. Its probably what happened. Thanks for the replies

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Maybe not … I just forged 4 masterwork pistols into a rare dagger.