[64-Bit] Sometimes Sudden FPS Lag Spikes

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

Sometimes, after a long time (IE: 5+ Hours) of having the client open, the 64-bit client will have sudden lag spikes, and can sometimes cause weapon models to disappear.

DirectX Dialog can be found here: http://pastebin.com/hUfDZ28G

Using maximum graphics settings. These issues usually are experienced on your 32-bit client however, due to being locked to single core.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Iyeru.5240

Just had it happen again recently even after restarting the client. Again, only happened after prolonged use of the game. (IE: Even if the game sits on the character select screen overnight while I’m sleeping.)

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: quietscribe.1573

quietscribe.1573

I have been getting significant lagg spikes lately, but it does not always happen after a long time in the game. I was in for perhaps 45 mins today and got a massive lagg spike that caused me to disconnect back to the character select screen.

Before the big patch (19th April 2016 one I think) I never had any times when lagg really affected me, however after the patch I have been getting them on a very regular basis, at least one time per day, usually more. Sometimes the lagg spikes will resume play without disconnecting me after a few long seconds, but other times (like just now) it boots me right out.

It doesn’t always happen during combat either, but even just running around gathering stuff. Whatever has been changed from before, it is certainly affecting me when it shouldn’t, and didn’t before.
64-bit client

Home ping: 8ms
Home download speed: 107.33 Mbps
Home upload speed: 6.29 Mbps

Lions Arch FPS: 83-103 (depending if I am running around or not)
Lions Arch Ping: 38-50 (Avg: 43)

Computer
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Installed memory: 16.0 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Disk type: SSD

Iyeru.5240

From what I understand, the 64-bit installer installs the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the game-ish. From what I can tell, the game is running a 64-bit client shell, playing the 32-bit game. This is a rather bad game development design, I’ll be honest. The 64-bit client should be a 64-bit client, not a 64-bit client running the 32-bit assets of the game.

If I wanted that, I’d download your 32-bit client, since the 32-bit client has PAE.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

there is no difference between 32/64 except the client itself… Of course all the game files in the dat are the same.

Could see if the 32 works fine without problems for you
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Iyeru.5240

there is no difference between 32/64 except the client itself… Of course all the game files in the dat are the same.

Could see if the 32 works fine without problems for you
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

No, the problems are related to 32-bit architectural issues. So switching to 32-bit won’t help. The only thing that could potentially help me is forwardrenderer, since I use an AMD GPU and AMD CPU.

(edited by Iyeru.5240)

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Well I’m using an AMD GPU and an AMD CPU, with almost every graphic setting on highest, prime exception being shadows not on ultra, and not having the issues you described. It sounds more like something with your system. Although since gw2 is dx9 and dx9 is limited on vram in win10, there is the potential that it may be an issue for you. Blame MS on that.

Did you update drivers since you originally posted? Any change in the issue? Restarting every 4-5 hours isn’t a bad idea to follow anyways

And if you have updated drivers and it is still doing it, did you contact support? Are you using an overlay of some type? Or screencapture or anything else with it? All things to consider.

It’s engine isn’t going to be changed that much except perhaps eventually have a dx overhaul. Not that it would really help people the way they seem to think. Beyond that, if you are leaving it as needing to render differently, you can pretty much put that one under the table and don’t count on it.