7:11:3:191:101 make it stop!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Scout.2781

Scout.2781

ok this is REALLY starting to urk me, I’m logged out every 1-5 mins and returned to the character select. It can’t be me, because I have defraged my computer, troubleshooted for viruses and connectivity issues, deleted old files, turned off my firewall and antivirus, and have a fast stable connection

this started at the beginning of the week, and it has been driving me nuts, so if Anet could please look into this, you would save my sanity and what little patience I have left for this , and I know I’m not the only one with this problem, so please just fix it

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

try this:

Hit start…. go to RUN
and type in cmd
Run cmd.exe

at the command prompt type ‘ping -t www.google.com’ and hit enter.

observe the command prompt and see if there are any packets that are lost.

If you connection never times out…. and you are not losing any packets…. there is a good chance that you are right and it is not your internet connection.

Posted by: Hechicero.3297

Hechicero.3297

Yeah, I’m going to have to chime in on this one as well. I’ve done everything possible on my side to check the connection, the PC, used more than one PC to check, went into cmd, reset and allowed access via the modem, set firewall permissions for GW2, reloaded GW2, cleaned (repaired) files in GW2, checked the connections ( packet loss 0 everytime) … and still I get the same thing as the OP.

I have been lucky the past few days as I have not crashed yet, however the massive lag spikes are killing me.. literally in game. In the year I have been in GW2, I’ve never seen so much lag anywhere even with 50 toons fighting a world boss, until now.

I am sure Anet is looking into this as there are several other posts about the lag and others having the same issue as the OP. Let’s hope some kind of solution can be found for it.

Markus Tyrellium
Guild of Kindred (Guild Leader)
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Delete your GW2.dat (especially if its over 20gb), delete local.dat (appdata\roaming\guild wars 2). Then do a -repair on the shortcut. Set the game to run as admin in the shortcut and see if it still crashes. Be sure to run vent/ts as admin too after this or you wont be able to use push to talk, heh.

I used to disconnect every time fights went to 20v20 in WvW (like clockwork, couldnt even play 10 minutes without being kicked out). Doing this resolved it completely.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

turn off your anti-virus and play the game

if you don’t crash, you need to add your game to your anti-virus process exclusions and make some network setting changes