8/17 Sword of Justice hits requiring LoS

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

The individual hits of Sword of Justice require line of sight as of the 8/17 patch. You can activate it while behind an obstacle, it will spawn the weapon which will start spinning, but a “No line of sight” message will appear. If you move out from the behind the obstacle before it stops attempting to hit, you can score hits.

The attached screenshot demonstrates this. I ran circles around the rock casting Sword of Justice a few times leading to all of the “No line of sight” messages. I stopped moving after the final cast, allowing Sword of Justice to land the final two strikes as the raptor came into line of sight.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dylan.4980

Dylan.4980

Maybe it is intended. The sword is summoned at the caster and then teleports. Guess thats why u can cast without LoS, but they should handle like all other skills meaning you need LoS for casting but if loose it. it should continue to do damage. Castint witout LoS is a problem in PvP

(edited by Dylan.4980)

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

Hammer of Wisdom does not act this way. It still connects if I don’t have line of sight because it was able to path to the enemy. The idea that a summon at the enemy’s location will hit or whiff depending on if I’m peeking out at them or not is silly. Do ranger pets or necro minions only hit if the player has line of sight?

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

it’s really jarring that the sword continues to spin through things but no damage happens just because you can’t see what it is hitting