'A Sparkling Rescue' cannot be completed [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Restius.5816

Restius.5816

Since it is a low level storyline mission, we can try to create a new toon. Other colleges seem to be Ok (i took dynamics now instead of synergy). I did it and i am fine. I know that does not solve the problem but at least I am not stuck anymore and can play.

There are no stupid questions. Olny stupid answears.

(edited by Restius.5816)

Posted by: Itachi.4071

Itachi.4071

At this point I am happy to hear the team is working on the problem but a update would make things easier, even if it’s just to tell us what is wrong. Is the NPC causing problems, is there some sort problem with story missions in general, did someone spill some coffee on a PC somewhere and delete a critical section of code… anything more than “Please hold while we try to fix it”. I am not going to try and say that anyone is slacking, just that any problem that takes like six builds to fix is probably a problem we should know about…

Posted by: Rosethorn.3016

Rosethorn.3016

Oh good its not just me on the Sparking Rescue mission. i guess i’ll go char till level 20 then. hopefully the 20 giltch will be fixed by then…..

Posted by: DallasisaLeo.1584

DallasisaLeo.1584

Could we get an update on this? I’d love to be able to finish my story.

Posted by: MechaDeidre.7823

MechaDeidre.7823

Yeah, guys – it’s been almost a week with no real information about what’s going on. We can only wait for so long before patience runs out. :/

Posted by: Arwen.2168

Arwen.2168

a “we are working on it but its not quite ready yet, please be patient” 3 days ago and nothing since is stretching anyones patience. Clearly they aren’t reading the thread anymore to see how frustrated people are getting, day 7 now for me since it went wrong and I’m almost a level 20.

Restius.5816

It would be amazing if we get estimated time when we can expect the issue to be solved. Level 70 seems to be problematic regardless the race, since at this stage every toon does the same story

Posted by: dragolinu.9065

dragolinu.9065

i cant go on with the asura story and people have been with this bug for DAYS and nothing was done What happend with the support in this game? There is more than 5 days complaints

Where is the patch to fix this? 1 week and nothing? it was working before.

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

We do take weekends off, so please don’t freak out if we don’t post over the weekend.

A fix has been identified for this issue and is currently in the testing phase. If all goes well, it should be out in next Tuesday’s patch.

For those concerned with progress being blocked: while it definitely is frustrating to be stuck at a certain point in the story, you can still progress your character. The Personal Story is designed to be completed spread out across the whole leveling process, so it’s no problem to walk away from it for a few levels while you wait on the fix.

Thanks to all of you who have been patient with us on this one.

Posted by: Kya.8043

Kya.8043

I’ve really enjoyed coming back to this game and had a lots of pleasant experiences to this point. I do find the last response from the GW team to be kind of rude. I think the phrase “freak out” is misused. I’ve been patiently checking this forum every day for almost a week now, as have quite a few people. Even the posts here are pretty calm considering how aggravating this problem is. What a great problem too – people are enjoying the story lines so much that not being able to move on through them is really annoying to them. Rather than belittle those who are playing your game, gracious appreciation and sincere apologies for the hold up would be a better move.

Snide comments like the above make me consider taking my time and my business elsewhere.

Restius.5816

Thanks a lot for info. I understand your point, but try to understand impatien players too. The situation is uncomfortable for both sides. Mutual indulgence and understanding will certainly reduce the stress

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

I’ve really enjoyed coming back to this game and had a lots of pleasant experiences to this point. I do find the last response from the GW team to be kind of rude. I think the phrase “freak out” is misused. I’ve been patiently checking this forum every day for almost a week now, as have quite a few people. Even the posts here are pretty calm considering how aggravating this problem is. What a great problem too – people are enjoying the story lines so much that not being able to move on through them is really annoying to them. Rather than belittle those who are playing your game, gracious appreciation and sincere apologies for the hold up would be a better move.

Snide comments like the above make me consider taking my time and my business elsewhere.

You’re right, Kya, I shouldn’t have used that phrase. I was trying to avoid using the same words in two different posts so it wouldn’t seem like I was just copy/pasting responses without reading the threads. I apologize for coming off as dismissive – I know you guys are just upset because you’re excited about playing through the story and are now stuck.

I do want to reiterate my thanks for the patience most of you have shown, and assure you that we’re fixing things as fast as we can. Unfortunately, sometimes “as fast as we can” is sometimes two weeks (or longer). I wish we could always have a fix for every bug in the first hotfix after a patch, but some bugs are just harder to fix. I’m sorry this one is taking so long. Please know that we are listening, and we do take your concerns seriously.

Posted by: Miq.3069

Miq.3069

As early as the week can not fix the revival of one monster =/
Let’s clap
Give me 60 tome of knowledge I forgive you)

Posted by: coyohti.1702

coyohti.1702

Thanks for giving us an ETA on this. I’ve forged ahead on my character and finished the area but I’m looking forward to coming back and completing that part of my story.

Posted by: lcswamptroll.5316

lcswamptroll.5316

Same happening for me… Would like this to be fixed soon :C

Posted by: Kya.8043

Kya.8043

Thank you for the kind words – I’m excited to get back to the story. Your response is appreciated and I’ll keep checking back for news.

Posted by: mthibod.9257

mthibod.9257

I am also having this issue. I have attempted this quest at least 10 times. This needs to be fixed.

Posted by: mthibod.9257

mthibod.9257

I am also having this issue. I have attempted this quest at least 10 times. This needs to be fixed.

Just tried again and the golem still isnt here.

Posted by: Marius.9864

Marius.9864

AMG he used the word “FREAKED OUT” ?! how could he?!…Christ, people these days, are getting offended by everything, its amazing really!

I too am having similar problems with the “Awekening” story part on sylvary, but I can wait, there’s no problem, I can play through the game, and come back to the story later, and it’s funny really because, a lot of people are “freaking out” over this issue, it’s funny to say the least.

You should try instead to learn programming languages, and try maintaining servers, and fixing bugs, see how easy that is, then go about commenting high and mighty.

Posted by: achwas.6190

achwas.6190

I would not get my hopes up too much for a resolution “next Tuesday”… similar problem with the Norn starting story (NPCs not spawning at Darkriven Bluff, Norn “Attuned to the Mists” storyline) last spring-summer took a few months to resolve. Which made me swear off Norns for this incarnation of the game and re-rolling my Mesmer as another race.

And just deleting your character is not really helpful if you used resources to level up a character but still doing the story for the benefits derived from it. Say like getting a character into a different order…

Posted by: Ghosthog.5173

Ghosthog.5173

Whatever got messed up is affecting several of the race story quests so I’m assuming this is a major priority. But as others have mentioned, sometimes not so easy to find and track down where the errors happened and probably not easy to revert to prior code due to progress since the latest version has been out a bit. Though my CS prof would suggest you write the tests before the code and test often :P

Posted by: Davman.7862

Davman.7862

I started an asura right after the bug came out. Now I have a level 68 engineer who has yet to finish his level 10 story line. The patch can’t come fast enough.

Posted by: Itachi.4071

Itachi.4071

I am pleasantly surprised that we actually got some info from someone who is legitimately trying to control the damage. Let’s be honest the personal story would help with leveling but considering that map completion and crafting can get you to level 80 pretty quick I am willing to put the personal story aside if I am hearing that we could get a patch on Tuesday to fix the problem. I have gotten to level 58 at this point with my new Asura and I can’t say I am happy the story isn’t fixed but I am happy to get some feed back as I asked for. While actually giving us detailed descriptions of the problem would seem weird hearing from Awesomeness really put me back in a understanding mood. I am actually looking forward to my personal story now as a level buff since all that exp. will be pent up. The loot will suck but truth be told the story itself will probably be the most appealing part.

Posted by: Virtro.1349

Virtro.1349

During the story mission “A Sparkling Rescue,” there seems to be an issue of the Incinerator Golem not wanting to spawn or show up anywhere within the area of the mission (which would be The Funhouse). I went into this story mission completely by myself and found that after running it three times it always seems to halt at finding and destroying the golem which is impossible due to it never showing up anywhere within the area neither inside nor outside the Funhouse. I’m running a level 11 asura elementalist on Darkhaven.

Posted by: anasazus.9407

anasazus.9407

I experienced the same a week or so ago and again today on my level 80 Asura Mesmer. Though, when I first experienced it I noticed that it was mentioned in the discussion section of the wiki page for the story mission; I therefore assumed the bug had been reported on numerous occasions already. That looks like it might not be the case so I will be filing a bug report on this issue.

Posted by: Coverten.3042

Coverten.3042

Same issue. Older game, second story quest broken in 1 week. Truly disappointing.

Posted by: Zeezax.9586

Zeezax.9586

Yeah makes me wonder why I play this part of the game. Please fix it. Can not proceed!

Restius.5816

Well… Did you even read the thread before posting?…

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Hello,

I am currently playing the personal Asura story “A Sparkling Rescue”, but I can’t proceed! There is no incinerator golem at the spot it is supposed to be, after talking to Zojja and heading back to this room (see attachment) to the southwest of where you find Zojja.

I restarted the mission twice, but still no incinerator golem.

Help?

Attachments:

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I posted before finding this thread (sorry about that).

Same issue. I was looking forward to playing my new Asura character and now I can’t continue because of this.

They found the time to nerf the Metrica Province jumping puzzle in recent patches but not to fix something so important and vital to the game? Thanks a lot, Anet. Bug Wars indeed.

Posted by: Kebek.1702

Kebek.1702

Would it be possible to just make us skip that part of the quest so we could proceed, as a temporary fix i mean because there are lot of players waiting and wondering.

I know bugs happens and its a pain, so thx in advance.

I did play a game where the story was broken, after submitting a ticket they took 1 day to manualy make me skip it, the game was wizard101 just for reference.

Posted by: Azrael Kabarak.4871

Azrael Kabarak.4871

The Bug is very inconvenient, we can all agree, but it also presents good opportunity. Everyone seems to be so concerned with the quest being down, however this is no way impedes your ability to play the game. Your character can make it to about level 20 just by map completing Metrica Province (or at least mine had). You can map clear a bunch of the areas and then when the story is fixed… you will be scaled down to the same level you would be for the mission itself while closing the gap it takes to wait for the following quest.

I find this to be a very nice tactic to waiting out the bug. Crafting will help gain you levels as well, which when paired with the map clearing and karma gain can help you craft better armor and a whole assortment of bags for storage, weapons, or whatever your trades are. Finding and solving the bug can take considerable time, so this is just a thought from one player to sort of help other players.

for those who are ripping on Anet, do not forget that the quest was in fact working at the start, but with the patches and the advancing gameplay, a patch can negate the codes for the golem to spawn. in order to fix this, they have to rework the patch without negating what the patch was fixing. And a problem with this, is the reworked patch can then negate another coding…

-Azrael Kabarak

(edited by Azrael Kabarak.4871)

Posted by: Azurr.6542

Azurr.6542

I have the same problem and I have just re-played this 3 times to be sure it was not me. Happy to see it’s already here so I know hopefully it’s being worked on…But what happens to this Quest line now?

I have the same Bug

Posted by: Azrael Kabarak.4871

Azrael Kabarak.4871

Its just on hold. you will still have to complete it, but will have to wait until a later date. this is also not the only starter quest to be down (one of the thief quests to retrieve a troll substance is bugged, where you can see the item, but cannot interact with it.)

Like I said in my post though, its not necessarily a bad thing. I am closing the gap so I have less of a wait time between the quests. You can also start another new character and play as that one as well. Map clearing is still possible, discovering the new towns, crafting helps level quite swiftly.

-Azrael Kabarak

Posted by: taffy.1974

taffy.1974

Same here. Can’t do it. Come on.

Posted by: Sabrewulf.5462

Sabrewulf.5462

I know they’re already working on a fix, but it’s one of the most annoying things I’ve had to deal with since coming back to the game recently, after an absence of 2+ years. I’m already level 67 on my new character (because I didn’t want to wait for a patch), and at this rate I’ll hit level 80 before I can continue the story.

It wouldn’t be so bad if the only other character that I want to level at this point wasn’t a Sylvari Necromancer, as their first story quest is ALSO bugged…

Posted by: Tasharooo.1839

Tasharooo.1839

Just found this thread after wondering if it was just me. Evidently it’s not… I’ve been trying to progress for 3 days now, it’s really frustrating. Hope they fix it soon.

Posted by: Poseidon.2417

Poseidon.2417

I am having the same problem too! Still not fixed…. It’s the second bug that I have experienced with an asura story quest. Never had any problems with the other races’ story quests.

Posted by: kizmaster.4365

kizmaster.4365

bought the game and im still stuck can you guys give us an approximate date so we dont panic ? or if possible to just skip the quest would be nice im now lvl 55 and i dont even did the story sad but normal sometime can happen ! please gm fix soon

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

bought the game and im still stuck can you guys give us an approximate date so we dont panic ? or if possible to just skip the quest would be nice im now lvl 55 and i dont even did the story sad but normal sometime can happen ! please gm fix soon

Best-case scenario: With the next Tuesday patch (the regular bi-weekly one, I guess?)
Worst-case: Unknown.

My Asura herself is with scrolls + tomes sitting at Level 73. So Idecided to jump through the zones to collect the hero points in advance. Otherwise she would be collecting “dust”.

Posted by: Ice Note.6813

Ice Note.6813

As early as the week can not fix the revival of one monster =/
Let’s clap
Give me 60 tome of knowledge I forgive you)

I Agree!
Looks like I accidentally submitted a bug report without looking at forums first. Sorry Anet!

Posted by: Granicus.2406

Granicus.2406

ANet how about a new update (and fix) on this issue. Being patient is a couple of days, not a couple of weeks. Got to believe this is not that difficult to fix. Please update this matter. /Thanks

Posted by: Sibus.2760

Sibus.2760

ANet how about a new update (and fix) on this issue. Being patient is a couple of days, not a couple of weeks. Got to believe this is not that difficult to fix. Please update this matter. /Thanks

Yeah, seriously. I started an Asura the day of the patch that broke this. Sitting ~level 50 without my level 10 story done. This is really frustrating. Can we at least get an update? How is this a problem that takes 2+ weeks to fix once known…

Posted by: Solamar.3048

Solamar.3048

yeah, they need to fix this.. reported online.. but nothing so far.

Posted by: tanto.4217

tanto.4217

so any luck yet? hoping there will be a fix tomorrow atleast, 2+ weeks is kinda long, gotten to lvl 80 and still have my story at lvl 10 :P lots of easy mastery xp to get now i guess hehe

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

This should be fixed in tomorrow’s patch.

Posted by: Blizzazz.8543

Blizzazz.8543

Is it just this bug or is the Sylvari awakening bug being addressed too?

Posted by: garfieldisntfat.8629

garfieldisntfat.8629

Would like to know this aswell. ^
I’d definitely just re-create my Sylvari at this point but I’ve already used a total makeover kit for him.. My patience is running out.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

This should be fixed in tomorrow’s patch.

Thanks for the response. You’re awesome! ;-)

Posted by: zealcloud.8523

zealcloud.8523

i have the same issue, too , really suffer , i need patch to fix it , plz hurry up