A weird crafting UI bug

A weird crafting UI bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Blackwood.9072

Blackwood.9072

So, normally the crafting UI is organized so that recipe categories are sorted alphabetically. Sometimes, this is not the case and the circumstances of how it sorts are unknown. Is this an expected behavior (and I’m not getting how it determines when to switch) or a bug?

I don’t have a screenshot for every combo, but sometimes the Ecto Refinement and/or Obsidian Refinement and/or Consumable and/or Inscription categories are the ones that tend to jump to the top of the list.

Attachments:

A weird crafting UI bug

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yup, I have noticed that a while back but I never knew if it was intended or not. It was used to be worse before but recently it seems to have stopped doing so.

A weird crafting UI bug

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

ANet has always been indifferent to sorting.

• Some lists are alpha order.
  • Some lists are alpha order, by weight class.
  • Some lists are weight order (light→medium→heavy) and then alpha order within that.
  • Some lists appear to be sorted by item ID (which, for some reason, is in arbitrary order, not alpha by display name within the set).

I stopped keeping specific track of which were bugged sometime during the GW2 BETAs in 2012.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

A weird crafting UI bug

Posted by: Blackwood.9072

Blackwood.9072

• Some lists are weight order (light->medium->heavy) and then alpha order within that.
  • Some lists appear to be sorted by item ID (which, for some reason, is in arbitrary order, not alpha by display name within the set).

I stopped keeping specific track of which were bugged sometime during the GW2 BETAs in 2012.

Oh, I am not talking about sorting differences between different windows, I’m talking about it changing within the same UI.

For example:
1. It starts out sorted by alphabetical.
2. I close the UI. I talk to the vendor to get some crafting items.
3. I reopen the UI. It is now sorted by Ecto and Obsidian refinement and then the remaining is alphabetical.
4. I close, reopen. Same as #3.
5. I close, reopen. Same as #1.

WTF?

A weird crafting UI bug

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I never noticed mine being alphabetical. It changes all the time, and I don’t recall Ecto or any other Ascended being on top.

No biggie, really.

A weird crafting UI bug

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• Some lists are weight order (light->medium->heavy) and then alpha order within that.

Oh, I am not talking about sorting differences between different windows, I’m talking about it changing within the same UI.

For example:
1. It starts out sorted by alphabetical.
2. I close the UI. I talk to the vendor to get some crafting items.
3. I reopen the UI. It is now sorted by Ecto and Obsidian refinement and then the remaining is alphabetical.
4. I close, reopen. Same as #3.
5. I close, reopen. Same as #1.

WTF?

Right, that happens, too. And I still chalk it up to the same root cause: ANet’s indifferent to sorting order. It might not be mechanically difficult, but it does take some effort.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

A weird crafting UI bug

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It has done that since before release I believe. I know it has happened for over 3 years.