AC Explorable - Path 2 - Detha doesn't repair cannons [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: iHeartbound.3074

iHeartbound.3074

Oh Detha.. How we loathe you so. Why can’t you just fix the kitten cannons & stop greeting me. Do you ever feel like you would be better off with Detha dead? Well as a matter of fact.. You are!

Okay. Enough with the sad attempt at being funny. In all seriousness this is about the Detha Tremblebones bug in AC exp. When you get to the Ghost Eater room, talking to Detha doesn’t always trigger the next part of the dungeon. She will just greet players when you try to talk to her. The Dungeon will not be able to progress any further, and you will have to start over. A way to fix this is luring the oozes/Scavenger to her to get her killed. You then revive her & talk to her & it should fix the bug.

Just figured I’d share this with others, because I doubt I’m the only one who experienced this. Please fix this bug ArenaNet. Or at least acknowledge it.. This has been there since Beta. :/

(edited by iHeartbound.3074)

Posted by: muhgo.5741

muhgo.5741

my guild just spent 2h in AC explorable mode and now Detha is bugged/blocking just before the last boss (hall of champions) again.

i thought the last patch should have fixed that?
well, it doesnt seem like it… any suggestions?

Posted by: Arryn.3951

Arryn.3951

Exact same issue here. No completion, nothing. We’ve tried pretty much everything we can think of to reset her.

Posted by: Farid.4839

Farid.4839

Happened to me few hours ago. I thought first that the cave troll was blocking the path for us, because we skipped him. So we tried to kill him, and guess what: nothing happened to Detha. She was still invisible in the hall of champions.

We have just wasted 2 hour sin this bugged dungeon.

This can’t continue! They need to fix this!

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

Same here, we tried 2-3 times, and gave up. The event did not start. Sometimes it freezes even before the “chain pulling” event.

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

There are few things in this game as frustrating as investing hours into an instance, only to discover it is bugged. GW2’s lack of rewards for PROGRESS in an instance make this extremely frustrating and the game isn’t even worth playing when these types of problems are encountered.

So, the occurrence of this bug tonight cost me nearly 50 silver in repairs and over an hour of my time.

This game has a big, big problem with scripted events in instances … the personal story quests encounter the exact same problem very frequently.

If the root cause of these problems cannot be found and fixed, you may want to reconsider dungeon instance design because right now it is not worth the risk of even trying to play.

Posted by: Saga.4783

Saga.4783

At the point we need Detha needs to talk to the ghost and we need to defend her building the mortars Detha doesn’t do anything anymore.

We tried killing her, kill extra mobs, but nothing triggers the event.

Anyone having the same problems ?

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

so far I havent gotten this bug because I tell my party to not run into the middle right away while being chased by oze and grawelings. the npc tend to bug if it start going after the mobs. instead of going to the middle inside the ring, you should start by running to the side of it and stay there til the mobs is gone. that way it is less likely for the npc to bug.

Posted by: Highvoltage.7946

Highvoltage.7946

several times in the last 2 days.

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

Its just a guess but did you run thru the oozes rather than kill them? Most groups just run thru those trash mobs. Detha goes back and attacks the oozes and thats what bugs her from talking to the ghost.

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

I can confirm that Detha will only start to build mortars after all her aggro is resolved. If she at one point had aggro on the Oozes and Gravelings outside the mortar room, she will not do anything until they are killed.

Players should skip the mobs without even attacking them once. Usually Detha should not get aggro on enemy mobs this way.

If you skip the mobs and Detha is in bug mode, there is no problem. Just kill the mobs and continue the quest. Assuming that players with a short fuse and no knowledge of how this works haven’t ragequit already.

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

No, if she aggros the oozes before the big room, she’s bugged with no way out. Restart dungeon.

If she aggros the oozes after the started building, you need to get her killed to make her work again

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

How about, do not run into the big orange circle until Detha is no longer aggroed on mobs.

There’s a wide open area to the right when you exit the oozes’ room with plenty of room to run away and reset her AI. When she stops trying to be Sonic and sprint to the nearest ooze or graveling, you can then enter the big orange circle to trigger the event.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: Lohre.9031

Lohre.9031

Before we got to the final boss area, there were a few oozes and spiders left we did not kill. After she bugged, we went back and made sure we killed every mob in the path. We spent over 30 min trying to get her to reset. We tried killing all mobs, running all over the last room, and even killing her. Nothing worked. We eventually had to give up. Pretty disappointing.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Had this bug the other day with some guild mates. We killed all the oozes before entering the big room. Detha still never triggered the event. We didn’t skip anything prior to entering the room. So not sure why Detha didn’t start the event.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Mad, are you in FLLN? Sorry still learning account names.

Last night this happened with us too. Did a guild run and we killed everything. All breeders/howlers on the way there and all the oozes. The quest wouldn’t start.

We teleported to the beginning, then came back to the area, nothing.

We all left the dungeon, disbanded the party, logged out, logged back in, made the party, and still bugged.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

We did path 2 this evening, and indeed she got aggroed by the ooze. So we “un” aggroed her by killing the ooze that she was having issues with.

Once that was done, she responded just fine.

Posted by: DecimoX.4369

DecimoX.4369

I was doing AC today and in path 2 where detha was suppose to make the mortars but there was no cut scene and she would not start the event. Then later on in path 3 after we kill the boss there was no reward.

Posted by: Jehuty.7426

Jehuty.7426

If you skipped some mobs on path 2 but probably you have XD…. Just pull that champion on detha to kill her…… After that it will work :P..

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

what’s ANET response to this..? nothing ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: MisJean.8301

MisJean.8301

She didnt started the cannon repair event. We tried to kill her with mobs to teleport there and maybe fix the bug, but didnt worked.
One of my guild member said once she bugged at the trap event too and they couldnt start it.

Posted by: poisonedsodapop.9348

poisonedsodapop.9348

She bugged for me last night at the same part. Currently in the middle of it right now, she started the cannon part but will not repair them. We’re trying to kill her at the moment.

Killing her actually did work this time. She’s definitely bugged though.

(edited by poisonedsodapop.9348)

Posted by: Jehuty.7426

Jehuty.7426

Skip all mobs until you reach the room where are cannons.. If She bugs pull some mobs onto her and let them kill her :P…. This will reset the script and you can move on

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Usually my tactic is, if she is dead before you reach the stairs, keep her dead. Else, have everyone run deep into the room with no hesitation. Worked fine for me every time with this tactic

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

If you want to skip the mobs and not risk having the bug, run in the room and wait for Detha OUTSIDE the event circle. Then go activate the event after ALL mobs left the cannon room, preferably some distance away from the entrance, and DO NOT pull ANY mobs inside the room after that.
I’d be forever happy if Anet could fix her like they did to Hodgs.

(edited by PCanineBrigade.4916)

Posted by: Xandror.2356

Xandror.2356

If Detha is frozen at the end, pull mobs into the room, get her killed, then rez her. Should fix it.

Posted by: retrospectre.3847

retrospectre.3847

None of the above solutions are currently working, and this bug has happened every single time we’ve tried to run run path 2 (4 or 5 attempts now).

Would be nice if you could fix this bug Anet as it is quite a big deal.
Thanks.

Posted by: Arx.4891

Arx.4891

I can confirm that none of the suggested solutions in this thread work reliably. My groups have tried to run path 2 in the traditional manner as well as by skipping mobs/bosses and we have only managed to complete the path about 20% of the time. As this is the first dungeon that many new players will experience I suggest that some effort is put into fixing it.

Posted by: Dark midget.7815

Dark midget.7815

Skip all mobs until you reach the room where are cannons.. If She bugs pull some mobs onto her and let them kill her :P…. This will reset the script and you can move on

I had her glitch bad on my squad one time. We pulled the oozes to her to kill her……. She started killing them (yea our jaws dropped when we saw her (alone) killing them). We eventually just called it glitched and left T.T .

Posted by: jhammy.7842

jhammy.7842

I was in path 2 of Ascalonian Catacombs with a few of my guild mates, but when we reached the objective “Go With Detha to the Hall of Champions”, nothing happened. We tried getting her killed to hopefully (but unsuccessfully) get her to reset, and had all other required and optional objectives done at this point. We were rather upset to find after getting so far into the dungeon that we would not be able to finish it. I hope you can take a look at it!

Attachments:

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

It seems to still be a problem with AC explorable, that if Detha dies in the trap room, the event in Hall of Champions will not trigger. Tried rezoning, having mobs killing her and then we ressed her and so forth. Nothing.

Posted by: Lanzador.4982

Lanzador.4982

yup same problem here.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

The problem seem to be worst than before. A month ago, she bugged about 1/10 of the time and killing her solved the problem almost everytime. Now she bug 2 out of 3 times for me and I not able to debug her anymore. I heard, this bug happen mainly when we skip the ozze, so now i never skip them, and she still bug.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Bossy Bessy.3829

Bossy Bessy.3829

officially still bugged. the times it’s been bugged for me, someone from the party was slow to enter the Hall. the player was either knocked down while the rest of us ran through the mobs, or maybe they were just slow to run.

it probably has nothing to do with it, but just something i’ve noticed when it’s bugged. nothing to do other than exit the dungeon, break the party, regroup the party and start over.

Goodbye Mr Anderson – Ranger | Ima Seamstress – Guardian
The Society [SCTY] on YB

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

We’ve attempted numerous bug fixes for this issue, but unfortunately, none of them have solved the problem yet. We’re taking another look at now, though, in search of “the one fix to fix them all,” so to speak.

Thank you for your patience!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

Thats the SPIRIT WITHIN we need

Btw players can fix it:
1. start new event- lure mobs and let the npc die,
2. after npc die, use your “dark magic powers” to revive it,
3. he will be nice npc now,
3. start the “main” event

(edited by KlausKNT.9302)

Posted by: iHeartbound.3074

iHeartbound.3074

I’m not sure why people are telling me or others to get her killed.. That’s exactly what I said in the post..

We’ve attempted numerous bug fixes for this issue, but unfortunately, none of them have solved the problem yet. We’re taking another look at now, though, in search of “the one fix to fix them all,” so to speak.

Thank you for your patience!

Ah that’s great. Maybe hotpatch/update AC just with a warning of a bug like that could happen/work around it sometimes. At least so players can sort of know how to fix it. I know it sounds stupid, but I don’t think people would find it stupid. I sure wouldn’t! Or at least make a front post on news about it. It’s really frustrating going through something only to get to the end to be taunted & can not achieve your goal. >.<

Posted by: DEDEN.2870

DEDEN.2870

I’ve run a lot of this dungeon and this path a lot over the past few months. It’s been my experience that it’s a fairly “reliable” bug that can be prevented simply by making sure you and your group don’t do a few things.

It’s not a bug fix, but I have yet to see this workaround fail. So…

The first thing to keep in mind is that for Detha, events and combat do not mix. If she starts fighting anything at all around the event triggers, odds are she’ll bug out. I’m not sure exactly why, but to me it looks like she gets stuck in “combat mode”.

As people have said earlier, there are ways to “reset” her (usually by letting the ooze or gravelings kill her), but ideally you’ll want to avoid that particular step entirely. It’s not only annoying but it’s also time-consuming and not entirely reliable.

Preventing her from bugging out is by far the easiest solution. It boils down to one simple rule: under no circumstances should anyone enter the event circle until Detha is in the room and out of combat.

The best way to achieve this is to stay out of the event circle until everyone is ready. Instead of heading in to the center of the circle, head right as you come through the doorway and then run all the way up to the back wall.

Once everyone in your group is present, Detha will run in at super-speed (or will teleport in if she was dead). Once that happens, the ooze and any gravelings will begin to reset and you can safely enter the circle to begin the event.

As long as there’s nothing in the room for Detha to fight, you’re golden. I’ve run this dungeon at least five or six times a day for months and have yet to see it bug out when these simple rules are followed.

When they weren’t though… Bleh.

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Thats the SPIRIT WITHIN we need

Btw players can fix it:
1. start new event- lure mobs and let the npc die,
2. after npc die, use your “dark magic powers” to revive it,
3. he will be nice npc now,
3. start the “main” event

Not sure what you mean by “start new event”. If we could start the next event, the problem wouldn’t exist; the problem is precisely that Detha will not start the next part of the event.

Also, letting Detha die and then reviving her only fixes the issue about 10% of the times. The remaining 90%, she’s still bugged after reviving.

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: optikz.6498

optikz.6498

Dunno if this has been said or not but there is sometimes a way to fix Detha.

When in the Flooded Temple and you’ve just killed all of the Gravelings, it’s important that the group waits for Detha to say, “All right. That’s enough bait. Let’s move on.” then proceed to run through to the other part of the dungeon.

Once there, we usually run towards the back and wait on the gravel/sand part until Detha arrives. If oozes and gravelings are attacking each other, Detha usually goes and attacks. Let her do this and revive her if necessary as well as kill the oozes and gravelings to speed things up but then run to the back spot again. She should spawn the Ascalonian Lieutenant at this stage and go through with the dialogue.

If Detha doesn’t move from her spot, someone has to go back into the previous room and pull a graveling scavenger (howlers don’t kill her fast enough) and have that kill her while everyone else remains at the sand/gravel area. Once the graveling is well out of range of Detha, pick her back up and she should move to fix the first turret and the game should be fine.

If she doesn’t, then she has bugged completely and I have no idea on how else to unbug her. I’ve run this with a pug group and a guild group and it works about 90% of the time.

But if you’ve heard it all before, then just ignore what I’ve said. :P

Balthazar’s Army [GWAM] on Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

it’s important that the group waits for Detha to say, “All right. That’s enough bait. Let’s move on.”

Why is it “important” ? Everyone seems to have a different superstition, but unless you have access to the actual NPC scripts, or if you’ve done extensive testing (ex., doing 10 runs where you wait for her to say it and then 10 where you don’t wait), that’s really just anecdotal evidence and / or wishful thinking.

have that kill her while everyone else remains at the sand/gravel area.

Are you saying that you’ve tested this extensively, sometimes with people standing on gravel and sometimes with people standing on stone?

This is turning into a religion…

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

Posted by: Connie.9625

Connie.9625

Detha stalled out on the mortar repair event again after a half hour of AC EM p2 running. We were able to murder her and put her back on track, but intentionally killing an NPC to continue game progress can’t be an intended game mechanic.

Posted by: Mespilia.2896

Mespilia.2896

You’re lucky that it worked. Most glitched NPCs stay glitched through death and revival.

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

Very annoying that this bug happens to me several times a week and I have to redo runs because of it…

Posted by: Aroninio.2983

Aroninio.2983

The last time i did that path she did start the event…and started repairig…and she finished 2 mortars but the 3rd one seemed to be too much for her to handle.

It went something like this….She got killed, we revived her → she decided fighting is better than repairing → we got confused by it and were overrun and died.

To our great luck we had 8 enemy ghosts (2 groups) around her corpse when we came back and it was a real pain trying to kill them because…if we didnt kill a group completely and died, the group had a reset and another ghost appeared. So we tried to resurrect her and draw the fight out for her to repair the mortar but it appears she thought helping us is much more important.

In the end by using “half resets” and the pillars we finally managed to get rid of one group and the other group was no problem anymore.

After that we revived her, she started repairing, ghosts continued spawning after she continued her job and all went well until she finished it, the ghost we didnt kill yet disappeard and we finally got to start the boss event.

So we only got to spend several hours in AC.

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

The last time i did that path she did start the event…and started repairig…and she finished 2 mortars but the 3rd one seemed to be too much for her to handle.

It went something like this….She got killed, we revived her -> she decided fighting is better than repairing -> we got confused by it and were overrun and died.

To our great luck we had 8 enemy ghosts (2 groups) around her corpse when we came back and it was a real pain trying to kill them because…if we didnt kill a group completely and died, the group had a reset and another ghost appeared. So we tried to resurrect her and draw the fight out for her to repair the mortar but it appears she thought helping us is much more important.

In the end by using “half resets” and the pillars we finally managed to get rid of one group and the other group was no problem anymore.

After that we revived her, she started repairing, ghosts continued spawning after she continued her job and all went well until she finished it, the ghost we didnt kill yet disappeard and we finally got to start the boss event.

So we only got to spend several hours in AC.

Wow, the same thing happened to my group about a week ago. After about 2-3 hours we were finally able to kill the monk and ele which made dealing with the ghost slightly easier and we complete didn’t even bother rezing the npc to fix the mortors until the last remaing ghosts mobs were dead since the npc wanted to fight adn dead in the seconds.

I didn’t even know it was a bug until I read this, I just figure the path was a butthead to complete.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Can we get a fix on this please? It’s been over a year now.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Juggalo Jay.9413

Juggalo Jay.9413

Why is this bug still in the game? Can you PLEASE fix this!

Posted by: hoijf.1906

hoijf.1906

Just went through p2 today, over a year after this thread was created and the bug is still there. I have reported it 3 times now, 99% of people in the game will agree this is BS. I think all players expect fixes to bugs that have been in the game for over a year. Especially game breaking issues like this one.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Anet and fixing. Yeeeeeeeeeea rite dream on i would say.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.