AC bugged right now!

AC bugged right now!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: seventhson.6932

seventhson.6932

My party and I just fully completed path 1 in AC and it seemed bugged and wouldnt complete, not giving us the tokens, silver or the exp. We spent over an hour in there and I am really hoping we get credited the rewards for this. I also reported this ingame. What is the deal with the bugs in this game at the moment, its exhausting.

Also is this the right place to ensure that I get compensated for the rewards due and not received or is there another place to submit something?

(edited by seventhson.6932)

AC bugged right now!

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Path 2 is glitched too.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

AC bugged right now!

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I just did all three paths. Path 1 bugged out, and we got nothing. Path 3 worked, but on path 2, I only got 30 tokens instead of 60. Customer service will be receiving endless angry emails from me until I am compensated properly, they can put money on that.

AC bugged right now!

Posted by: NeonGenesis.9475

NeonGenesis.9475

AC path 2. i as a ranger total cannot hit the burrow

AC bugged right now!

seventhson.6932

My biggest issue is that I really dont think anyone will get reimbursed for anything if they completed the dungeon properly but didnt get credit for completion or rewards. I mean are there even GM’s in this game at all? Which is just not ok, I really dont like to waste my time. A proper response is needed.

AC bugged right now!

Posted by: NeonGenesis.9475

NeonGenesis.9475

this is so frustrating i run the dungeon for 4-5 times today and failed all except 1, all path i run is 1 and 2, can someone fix this please

AC bugged right now!

Qelris.6901

Detha wouldn’t start repairing the cannons for us at Path 2. Nice for you that it worked, pyro.

AC bugged right now!

seventhson.6932

So I sent in this issue to the support area, my question was this…..My group and I completed Ascalonian catacombs last night and were not credited with completion we killed the patriarch and then nothing happened, the dungeon was clearly fully completed. We did not get tokens, silver, or experience. I would like to be reimbursed for the 60 dungeon tokens, 26 silver and however much experience. Many people are having this issue at the moment.

The reply that was emailed to me was this…….

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support! You’re receiving this automated message based on information provided in your original submission indicating that the information below may resolve the issue.

Do you see 3 points in your Hall of Monuments?
Please note that some players may be seeing 3 points in the rewards calculator, however, you will not be able to use the Hall of Monuments unless you have applied Guild Wars Eye of the Northto your original Guild Warsaccount.

Missing Rewards
There are several issues that could affect your ability to gain access to your Hall of Monument rewards. The most common issues are as follows:
Your Guild Wars 2 account is not properly linked to the appropriate Guild Wars account.
Instructions on how to link your accounts can be found here: http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/list/kw/8961
Your Guild Wars 2 account is linked to a banned Guild Wars account.
You have not logged into Guild Wars 2 and received a Portal Stone from Scornheart who is located at Hooligan’s Route in Lion’s Arch.
You have not logged into Guild Wars 2 and talked to Kimmes.
Kimmes The Historian is an NPC located in the Hall of Monuments and you can access him by using your Portal Stone.
You have not logged into the original Guild Wars and visited the Hall of Momuments.

Make sure that you have completed all of the steps above as they are all necessary to resolve this issue.

If these suggestions do not address the issue that you’re experiencing, please reply with the following information and we’ll be happy to investigate further:
The account (login) name of your original Guild Wars account which has the desired Hall of Monuments.
The account (login) name of your Guild Wars 2 account on which you want to receive the Hall of Monuments.

Something is seriously wrong with your customer service in this game, there is no general customer service forum, there seem to not be any GM’s, no number to call as if it would matter anyways, or anything else besides submitting a ticket and thats what I got. Its absolutely atrocious. I replied to this message re-stating my issue. So whats the deal with this? If this isn’t dealt with and I don’t receive the marks I should’ve gotten yesterday but didn’t due to YOUR dungeon being bugged and glitchy, then I am not gonna spend another dime in this game, and I will tell my family/friends to do the same. I dont like wasting my time and I certainly dont like being yanked around.

AC bugged right now!

Qelris.6901

You’re receiving this automated message based on information provided in your original submission indicating that the information below may resolve the issue.

Now be patient and wait a few days. This is only an automated message, someone from the support will reply to you soon. You didn’t had to send a message replying to an.. automated message.. :/

Lol at raging at an automated message.

AC bugged right now!

seventhson.6932

Now be patient and wait a few days. This is only an automated message, someone from the support will reply to you soon. You didn’t had to send a message replying to an.. automated message.. :/
Lol at raging at an automated message.

You didnt even read the message did you, it went wooosh right over your head. The reason i posted it was that it wasn’t even related at all to the issue i submitted. Why would I wait days on an incorrect reply from this system? And by the way I am not raging, I am showing the huge gap in their customer support system, and that I wont spend money to support this.

AC bugged right now!

Qelris.6901

Oh, I read time rather than dime. My bad. But yeah, they shouldn’t send this kind of automated reponses. Maybe just a “We’ve received your ticket. Please be patient.” or something like that.

Anyway, I just did the 3 paths and they all worked for me today(Got my 180 tokens). Maybe we just had badluck and we got a random glitch yesterday?

AC bugged right now!

seventhson.6932

All good, I reported it early this morning and still no other response about it so, my guess is they will just write it off, pro customer service. I also reported in game last night and I honestly don’t think that tool even works.

AC bugged right now!

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

Just don’t skip kholer. Do the dungeon as intended.sigh

Always in all ways

AC bugged right now!

Pyroatheist.9031

Just don’t skip kholer. Do the dungeon as intended.sigh

That is not the solution. I killed kohler in all of my three runs, but that obviously didn’t help.

I also sent in a ticket to support. This was the response I received:

The Guild Wars 2 Support Team is unable to restore missing characters or items. I understand this may be frustrating, but we simply do not have the capabilities to do this.

In response to this, I replied:

Hello, I have been playing mmorpg games for upwards of 7 years. I have played many different games, many different styles, types, and owning companies. However, there have been some qualities that remain given among every last mmo, and guild wars 2 is no exception. The GM accounts and/or dev accounts have access and ability to use commands that will spawn items. Saying that this does not exist in guild wars 2 is simply a bold lie. Since the situation is such that you DO in fact have the ability to produce the missing ascalonian tears, but you simply do not WANT to, your response simply means that I have not asked enough times. Therefor, I request a second time, restore the missing 90 ascalonian tears to my account at your earliest convenience please.

As indicated by my response, I intend to continue replying, requesting and/or opening new tickets if the current one is closed until I am properly compensated for the runs I did. In my experience with MMO customer service, this is the proper response if you want them to actually respond and react in a productive manner. I highly encourage all of you to do the same, and possibly they will understand that the playerbase is not willing to take no for an answer.

AC bugged right now!

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

Yep I agree with you. I imagined a lot of these problems would involve skipping kholer but clearly not. I hope they compensate your loss

Always in all ways

AC bugged right now!

Pyroatheist.9031

A bit of an update on the customer service conversation. Here was the reply I received:

I understand this is frustrating, I am having the same problems with my dungeon runs too. We are working on a fix for numerous problems like this in game. I feel your pain, and I wish there was something I could do. As much as I would love to take care of this for you right away, I am afraid we don’t have tools that allow us to modify or restore items in game at this time. Our development team is working hard every day to add features that improve the game for our players, and the tools that allow our support staff to offer the best customer experience. While I don’t have an estimate for when such a tool will be available to us, I know it is a priority.

To that, I wrote a massive wall of text, from which I will paraphrase somewhat:

I’m sorry, but I simply find this exceedingly difficult to believe. How is it that guild wars 2 was created in such a basically different way than every other mmo ever created on this planet that the GMs and/or devs do not have the ability to spawn items? Don’t get me wrong, it’s obvious that this game is very different from every other mmo, but from a basic coding standpoint, I’m positive that’s not entirely true.

The problem is that not once, not on the forums, not in any private bug reports/conversations with the support team, has any ArenaNet employee ever given a guarantee that after the necessary tools have been added, that the missing items will be provided….The fact that no one has given this guarantee is extremely troubling, and is representative of a colossal fail in customer service and public relations.

At the very LEAST, a rock solid guarantee that once the tools are added, I will receive my un-awarded items is absolutely necessary, and I am quite willing to continue this conversation until such a guarantee has been made. Not making a guarantee is the equivalent of stating ‘we care nothing for your game experience, and value ignoring complaints and hoping they go away over taking care of our customers.’… Instead of every dungeon run having an undertone of, ‘well, lets hope it doesn’t bug, because if it does, ArenaNet doesn’t give a kitten about us and we will never get our tokens,’ the runs will continue with the knowledge that the company we are PAYING for this experience will eventually right the wrongs once they are able.

As indicated in my reply, I’m not willing to let this go away, and none of you should either.

AC bugged right now!

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

AC is really bugged right now.

I tried Paths 1 and 2 today on my level 54 mesmer. We kill Kholer both times.

Path 2 = got Detha to the Hall of Champions but she wouldn’t start the cannons. We tried everything:
- Dieing and trying to reset
- Letting Detha die to reset
- Way-pointing back and forth

Nothing works – the dungeon is bugged. We also noticed that when the guy who started the dungeon left, the dungeon was NOT reset. We could still enter and see our progress to Hall of Champions.

Then tried path 1. Hodgins wouldn’t start the cut-scene after Ooze fight….

What changed between a few days ago when I last tried it, and today?

I will post screenshots if required.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

AC bugged right now!

Pyroatheist.9031

It’s pretty clear that AC is extremely bugged. I haven’t heard anything about other dungeons, so I highly recommend not running AC, and telling everyone you know not to run AC.

@mage.3570: Make sure you reported it as a bug ingame. Additionally, make sure you open a support ticket here:https://en.support.guildwars2.com/

Do not let them dismiss your claims without a fight. Communicate to them clearly and effectively that you will not let this disappear, that you will continue the complaints and tickets until they restore your items. If enough people ruffle enough feathers up at Anet headquarters, I guarantee you that we will see results. All it takes is time and effort.

AC bugged right now!

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

I think these bugs came up after the October 15th update.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

AC bugged right now!

Pyroatheist.9031

A second update on my customer service interaction. The reply I received:

Unfortunately as stated before at this time we do not have the tools to grant a request such as yours.

It seems obvious to me that they are simply trying to ignore my posts, and make this problem disappear, but they will be disappointed in that regard. However, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they didn’t read the wall of text I sent them, I responded with that wall paraphrased in simple, easy to read fragments.

If, in fact, your response saying, and I quote “we do not have the tools to grant a request such as yours” is a response to the reply I quoted above, I will direct you to another part of my previous reply here:

Someone, somewhere, needs to make an excel file titled ‘Missing items to be spawned for our valued customers.’ In such an excel file, the account name, number of items, and item names will be listed, and once the tool is added, someone runs down that list, and provides all the items. This is not a difficult task, nor a time consuming one.

As evidenced in that statement, the only ‘tools’ necessary to comply with that request are microsoft excel, and a small amount of time. One additional thing is necessary however, and that is the desire to correct problems within your game, and to compensate your paying customers with what they deserve.

After that, I may have produced another wall of text regarding how failures in customer service almost always lead to a failure of a game, most especially in a game with a payment model such as this, where new players is absolutely necessary for cash flow, and money from existing players is just as, if not more, important. How they respond to this, after making my point painstakingly clear will be quite interesting.