"AOE Loot on interact" not working

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

I appreciate your thought Koko. I’m very happy that the extra bound key works for you.
But please try to understand where the others and myself are standing.
They gave us Two Options. One of them does not work as it (albeit) logically should.
Just because one solution works for you, does not mean it works for everyone. They obviously knew that, or they would not have had the two options available.
There’s a Box to tick to state to the system ‘I Want AoE Looting’. This means ’above all else, I Want AoE Looting. If I did not want AoE Looting above all else, I would not have ticked that box!

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

Posted by: Eidola.9148

Eidola.9148

The extra keybinding doesn’t really work for me as I have my middle mouse button set to the Interact binding. Which means that I really like it if “Search” became “AoE Search” when the AoE Looting checkbox was enabled!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The reason why AOE loot takes the lowest priority on the interact function is to not interfere with other mechanics. You will notice things like banners and turrets already have priority over loot when pressing F so that when you are fighting you do not have trouble picking those up instead of looting.

What I find most noticeable is that looting is higher priority than ressing.

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

… I really like it if “Search” became “AoE Search” when the AoE Looting checkbox was enabled!

That’s how I expected it to work when I first read the patch notes.

I am disappoint.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Posted by: Michael Fejervary.8576

Michael Fejervary.8576

Is this suppose to be looting dropped chests?

If so it was not working for me on that as the wooden chest I had drop was well within its AOE distance, but I still had to walk to it and loot it.

Posted by: Aigisthos.3059

Aigisthos.3059

So in other words this feature does not work as described unless you bind it to a separate key? lol. You guys should have come out and said that yesterday. Would be much more efficient if you guys would have just designed it around the ‘f’ key though…..

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

The reason why AOE loot takes the lowest priority on the interact function is to not interfere with other mechanics. You will notice things like banners and turrets already have priority over loot when pressing F so that when you are fighting you do not have trouble picking those up instead of looting.

What I find most noticeable is that looting is higher priority than ressing.

Imagine there’s a fully dead player on your loot in WvW and you see a zerg running towards you …

Looting is instant … you can instantly revive after looting. But the reverse it not possible.

But having the Revive as higher priority than other things might cause other issues. Like when the hammer wielder in fractals dies …

Posted by: Deekers.2031

Deekers.2031

This wasn’t working for me either (at least not in the way most people think it should). Hitting f when used as the interact key is only single looting piles of stuff around me. I’m going to try changing F to aoe loot, and find some other key for interact.. maybe shift-F, however I wish F could do it all if you have the aoe loot on interact box checked as the box describes that it should (“AoE Loot on Interact”). Maybe shift-F for interact will help with those annoying times when you just want to loot, but end up talking to someone or rezzing something.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Picking up loot is the most frustrating part of the game, to me. Worse than jumping puzzles.

AOE loot is a huge improvement — just take the loot pickup completely out of interact, and make it work at all times, not just when random NPC’s decide their useless banter is more important than the loot beside them.

Even as is, and I am a thorough loot hunter, I see a marked increase in the amount of items that show up in my inventory.

During Southsun, some of the foes dropped “Bags of loot” in the same way as WvW. This was FANTASTIC. In the same way that you added the rare boxes (and thanks for all those useless Putrid Essences), please make non-box drops show up as labelled bags instead of sometimes imperceptible sparkles.

I also noticed that I can run the mouse over foes to find out if they have loot, but that is completely non functional as someone who uses right mouse button constantly for travel.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Double-tapping “F” works fine for me.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

I think it would be very helpful to have some kind of indicator for it. For instance, when you have loot next to you, the “Search” option appears, but there’s no notification when you should use AoE Loot.

I’ve gotten into the habit of randomly (or maybe regularly) tapping F, just to make sure I didn’t miss something. I imagine the nearby NPCs must think I’ve gotten friendlier lately.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

The extra keybinding doesn’t really work for me as I have my middle mouse button set to the Interact binding. Which means that I really like it if “Search” became “AoE Search” when the AoE Looting checkbox was enabled!

I’m going to be talking with Design about this issue this week. I like the idea of changing the text to “AoE Search/Loot” when you use that option and having AoE Loot trigger when that prompt is up (but only when the search version of that dialog is up).

-Bill