AOE not Rendering very well

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Hey anet, Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but AOE (friendly and enemy) has not been rendering very well for the last week or two. Its not my hardware, as my settings havent changed in my last 2000 hours of play, and its a relatively recent development.
now, standing in red rings is always bad, but it would be nice to know how screwed i am before i get melted. Kthnx bai.

Attachments:

Hamster.4861

Visual/Display Settings are attached in screenshot -

all maxed except for render sampling, which is native.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sir Auris.3476

Sir Auris.3476

Hey. I’m having the same issue. It’s very annoying that I can’t see what sort of field I’m blasting. Cause in a group with a mesmer, guardian and ele there are always fields active. but I only want to blast into fire or water fields. But I just see white circles on the ground.

It started as the OP said 2 or 3 weeks ago. I had no Problem before.

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Seems to be a reoccurring bug for everyone in WvW that I speak to (no matter their settings. I play with max settings as well). It’s quite problematic in case of static fields since there is no counter play to them if you can’t even know it is a static field. It just looks like another red circle – and you don’t wanna stay in a red circle thus you try to exit it and get stunned.

Needs a fix ASAP.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Hamster.4861

Going to bump this as this issue is still present, and making life difficult for WvWders.

Please have a look at this game footage and you’ll see – some fields do render – others dont render at all. Some fields will render and then dissapear (lava fonts most of the time)

I recommend you go to 8 min and see the larger fights – before 8 minutes is small team combat

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

It’s not just in WvW btw. In my last few dungeon/fractal runs the guardian light fields and even most of my own fields only showed the white outline of the AoE circle. So it has nothing to do with the number of players and fields involved, since there were only 5 in the instance (well, duh xD).

EDIT: Something else that i think could be related to that (or could be a totally unrelated thing):

When I stand in AoEs, the flame effect of my Incinerator around my arm gets extinguished quite often (especially when I use an Aura skill and/or Magnetic Wave on top of that)… Sometimes it also does that when I WP (it happens in all areas, not just WvW). I have to stow and draw my weapons again to restore the flame. I have uploaded a small video showcasing this:

http://youtu.be/CFKgJ1qhSx0

However, this has never happened before (prior to the last patch), and since it also has something to do with rendering effects, I thought it could be related.

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Posted by: Jan Cordemans.7038

Jan Cordemans.7038

This has got to be the most annoying bug since last big patch (winter thingy). Kind of surprised not many people complain about this. Even Line of Warding is just a white line sometimes. You really have to guess if you’re in an enemy meteor shower or static. My whole guild experiences this.

Hamster.4861

bump – problem persists, still can’t tell if i’m running through wells or chill fields, marks or what have you