Accidental Exploit Found, Please Don't Ban Me!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jarfer.5482

Jarfer.5482

Hi, my character name is Techno Raisin and I want to be straightforward and say that I found an exploit where you can shoot projectile weapons through the designed gaps in the checkered gates of the Battle Pit Cages at Snowblind Peak, and then get the event EXP for defeating these cage creatures even though I wasn’t actually in the cage. At the time I was just wandering and doing whatever I wanted, and I had no idea that these cages were tied to any sort of event giving EXP.

So I saw a bunch of people going into these Battle Pit Cages and killing random creatures. I thought I would be a nice person and help them out, because some of these players were dying very fast and one of them even thanked me for lending him a hand. Keep in mind that I had NO CLUE that this was a event area. I was just playing around.

After a while, I got about 1,100 EXP seemingly out of nowhere. I was confused at first, but then I clicked on the Battle Pit Cages gate to access the “house” and I got a popup notice that stated that I already passed this event and could not redo it, even though I had NEVER been inside the cages. I suddenly realized what a horrible thing had just occurred, and that my account is probably marked for death. Then I got a private message from a player named Absolved, who told me he reported me for “bypassing an event” when I had no idea it was an event until it was already over.

Guild Wars 2 was made to be team-based, encouraging teamwork from multiple players. I felt like helping those players was the right thing to do, since I have met so many nice players who have revived my character and assisted me when I had so many questions. This is my first MMORPG game that I have ever played and I would be very sad if I was no longer able to access it due to a terrible misunderstanding.

I also saw OTHER players doing basically the same thing, helping other players from outside the cages, firing arrows through the checkered gates. Not once during those initial moments did I suspect that it was an unintended part of the game.

Anyway please spare my account and I hope you use this information to fix this bug. I repeat, I did not mean to do it because I didn’t know it was an actual event!

Posted by: Deunan Sanis.4731

Deunan Sanis.4731

First : you didn’t exploit anything

Secondly : it’s obvisously a bug : report it with /bugs and eventually send a screenshot

Posted by: Kal.2376

Kal.2376

Don’t worry too much. It’s pretty clear you just stumbled into it. Just report it, and make sure not to exploit it (doing it repeatedly), and you should be ok.

Posted by: Thellena.5967

Thellena.5967

What Deunan Sanis said.

An exploit is doing something repeatedly for xp or other profit, you only did it once. Report it via bug report with a screenshot.

Jarfer.5482

I reported it with a screenshot but all the screenshot shows is my character in front of the cages, and I don’t intend to reproduce the exploit for the screenshot and then get misunderstood even further.

I didn’t stick around that place afterward, in fact I ran as far away from that area as possible.

Posted by: Tml.6835

Tml.6835

Chill out, you’re not getting banned. Good thing you reported it.

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

Doesn’t seem like a big deal. Are you able to farm absurd amounts of karma/experience, generate gold/items in big amounts out of nowhere, or do anything equally absurd? No? Then you’re most likely good to go. Just chill.

And next time, if you do find an exploit, report is at exploits@arena.net as spreading information about how to abuse an exploit is aginst the ToS. And again, relax, this is no big deal.

Jarfer.5482

Thanks for the support guys. Really appreciate it.