Accountbound now Soulbound

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ironheart.9758

Ironheart.9758

In my bank i had Snaff’s Gyre ascended ring, before patch it had Magic Find and was account bound.

After patch I obviously changed the stats, after which the ring became soulbound. Same thing happened with a tradable exotic.

Have I really misunderstood how this is suppose to work?

a.) Is Accountbound items suppose to change to Soulbound after you change the stats?
b.) Isnt tradable items suppose to stay tradable after you change the stats?

Posted by: testaalt.7362

testaalt.7362

There have been other threads that deal with this same topic. The QA Team has currently responded that it was a miscommunication, and there are currently no signs that it will be fixed. However, you are 100% correct in your assumption – we were repeatedly told that MF gear would become account bound, on multiple occasions in multiple instances by multiple reputable staff of arenanet.

Ironheart.9758

No, you are not reading my post correctly. I’m not referring to soulbound items not being made accountbound as in the other posts. My items were accountbound and now they are soulboumd.

Posted by: poipo.9580

poipo.9580

When you chose stats they become soulbound to that character, it said so when you chose the stats.

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

From what I found out myself…. if you even open the “assign stats” window on an item, it soul-binds the item. I was gonna pass my Snaff’s Gyre off to my thief, but I absentmindedly decided to preview the stat selections…. woops!

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

When you chose stats they become soulbound to that character, it said so when you chose the stats.

No it did not. It simply applied the soulbound moniker and the box disappeared. No mention of soulbound until I tried to put it in the Guild Bank.

Ironheart.9758

Did pretty much what Kelnis did. They have confirmation boxes for everything, why not for this? I can’t say I’m impressed with how it worked out.

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

From what I found out myself…. if you even open the “assign stats” window on an item, it soul-binds the item. I was gonna pass my Snaff’s Gyre off to my thief, but I absentmindedly decided to preview the stat selections…. woops!

This is odd, because I’ve actually previewed the stat selections several times on more than a few pieces of account bound gear (ascended rings, fractal loot, MF gear bought off the TP), and I did not experience the issue you seem to be having. Only when I accept changes does it actually soulbind, but given the number of bugs, I wouldn’t be surprised if it is a bug. Just a heads up though that, clearly, not everyone is experiencing your issue.

@Ironheart:

You said in your original post that it became soulbound after you selected stats. If that is true, then yes, it is intended and even in the preview window it states in rather noticeable red letters that choosing a stat will make the item soulbound. I’m not sure how your issue is the same as Kelnis’.

(edited by Serenity.6149)

Ironheart.9758

I see, it’s just confusing, but I guess I should have paid more attention