Achievement-Harpoon Master

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I have 3 characters that use Harpoon Guns under water. My Harpoon Master achievement should have completed a long time ago. I didn’t notice it hadn’t until about a month ago, but i’ve been watching it ever since and it definitely isn’t progressing at all.

I have a feeling this achievement stopped progressing when i crafted ascended Harpoon guns for my characters. I don’t know why that should be an issue as it clearly says on the weapon description that it’s a harpoon gun, yet i’ve had it tracked and no credit is given for kills, regardless which character i use it with ie: Warrior or my 2 Rangers. It’s stuck at 2708 and i vaguely recall it being around that figure when i crafted the ascended Harpoon guns way back when, hence the assumption that it’s because of them this achievement isn’t progressing. So it’s either that, or these weapons are labeled incorrectly, or the achievement itself is bugged. I hope this can be fixed soon, or at least looked into.
Thanks

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

The names of the achievements “Speargun Master” and “Harpoon Master” are misleading. The Speargun achievement is actually referring to Harpoon Gun weapons (sometimes just called Harpoon). The Harpoon achievement refers to Spear weapons.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

The names of the achievements “Speargun Master” and “Harpoon Master” are misleading. The Speargun achievement is actually referring to Harpoon Gun weapons (sometimes just called Harpoon). The Harpoon achievement refers to Spear weapons.

Well that don’t make any sense. In any event, I have both the spear and speargun mastery completed, but i think what ur saying, is what i’ve basically proposed in my post, that these weapons or achievements might be mislabeled? And if that’s the case, how on earth are we suppose to know what’s going on?

So to clarify, i’m supposed to use speargun to get harpoon gun mastery? Dear lord. I guess i made a boo boo then crafting an ascended harpoon gun, coz iirc there’s no ascended spear gun recipe, but i’ll check to be sure.

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

They’re not mislabelled, it’s just that ‘spear’ and ‘harpoon’ are used interchangeably. Simple rule of thumb, if it’s ‘spear’ or ‘harpoon’ and not followed by ‘gun’, it always means the melee weapon.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The Harpoon Gun, also known as Spear Gun (not to be confused with Spear), is a long range mechanical aquatic weapon. Harpoon guns can be crafted by a huntsman.

The Spear, also known as Harpoon, is a close quarters aquatic weapon. Spears can be crafted by a weaponsmith.

There’s some great tips on getting the various Weapon Master achievements (including aquatic) in the Wiki:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_Master

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)