Ad Infinitum achievement issue

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Ad Infinitum doesn’t advance the Legendary Collector achievement.

Sure, it’s not a weapon, but it still satisfies all the requirements that the achievement demands.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The achievement was original established when the only legendary items were weapons, so there was no reason for it to specify what type of legendary. Therefore, it’s unclear to me whether it’s intended or accidental that Ad Infinitum doesn’t count.

On the pro side, it shouldn’t matter what the original idea was: the costs and effort involved in creating the back item are comparable. On the con side, we already get several achievements from creating the backpack.

Either way, I’d like to hear ANet’s take on this: intentional? or accidental?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I think we can agree that something isn’t right. Either the text of the achievement or the fact that Ad Infinitum doesn’t count.

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Could we get at least some kind of confirmation? Is it supposed to advance or not?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Could we get at least some kind of confirmation? Is it supposed to advance or not?

We aren’t likely to get a confirmation until (a) ANet fixes it or (b) another set of legendary non-weapons comes out and those, too, do not award twice-told for forging a dupe.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”