Adnul Irongut Bug.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: rsegames.3916

rsegames.3916

Adnul Irongut is using his signature move before even finishing the 3 stacks.

Well, at least i hope its a bug, the youtube video from Dulfy shows that he DO NOT spawn after at least one stack is over… But who knows?

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: il Mietitrice.4261

il Mietitrice.4261

Yeah- He uses it multiple times during the challenge. At one point he used it twice in a row (6 turns)… then one round off… then again and I got nuked first round of that set… : /

UPDATE: he just used it twice in a row AGAIN… and a total of time 4 times! For clarification the only reason I’m surviving that long is using “For Science”

Villon Hood, KAIN Officer, Currently bouncing between SoS and Kaineng

(edited by il Mietitrice.4261)

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Casiope.6810

Casiope.6810

He did his signature three times in a row (9 turns). How are we suppose to win?
Something is really wrong here.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: SoulCrystal.5207

SoulCrystal.5207

Another more minor bug (doesn’t matter if you’re keeping an eye on his buff bar) is that he doesn’t always announce when he’s activated his signature. Luckily i haven’t encountered him stacking his signature moves, but he has used it as soon as his other one runs out, giving me no space between them. I understand he’s meant to be one of the harder challenges, but the player needs a viable chance.

Edit: I also just encountered a bug where he doesn’t proc his signature at all (no little buff icon on his health bar) and yet it still registers as though he has. “Your Opponent is eyeing you closely. You can’t fake now!”

(edited by SoulCrystal.5207)

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Lenaro.5924

Lenaro.5924

I just wanted to add onto this in the hopes it’s noticed a bit more quickly. I don’t think it’s possible to beat him currently. Would be nice to see a fix to this as all of the others seem to be working as intended.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Snowyjoe.3106

Snowyjoe.3106

One thing I do know is that he never fakes it and he starts spamming his skill when you’re low on health.
So if this was supposed to be working as intended then canceling out his water should let you win…. although I don’t think it’s that easy….

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Mikey.7925

Mikey.7925

I have tried this over around 50 times! And I can not win. I’ve gotten close but have never won against him. I Really hope that annoying Norn gets fixed so he actually becomes beatable.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Travee.8492

Travee.8492

Beating Adnul should be your purpose in life.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Shambarick.3786

Shambarick.3786

Just defeated him… I tried this around over 40 times. Got 3 times the buff, so 9 turns i couldn’t fake in a row.
I used #1,#3 and #4 when i couldn’t fake.

Attachments:

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Bdarg.6293

Bdarg.6293

I’ve lost count of how many rounds I’ve gone with this guy. Same issue of him refreshing his stacks of critique in back to back rounds. Seems like this guy is a pure roll of the dice as far as victory goes in his current state. Straight RNG isn’t interesting gameplay in my mind.

Ferguson’s Crossing

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Shizune Fujibayashi.4813

Shizune Fujibayashi.4813

I had to outright cheat to win against this guy, by doing the thing that made Dragon Ball an unplayable mess for the first few days.

But even after I did that, it took me three tries to beat him.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

I don’t know if it works yet, but someone on youtube said that if you eat Mango Pie it will still heal you, so it should help a little bit. I’ll edit when I find out.
It does work, and pretty well too, havn’t beaten him yet but havn’t died again yet either.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

(edited by Dasenthal.6520)

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Tairs.3802

Tairs.3802

If this is all working as intended, I think the cats who thought this up might need to have a sit down with Dark Souls to reconsider fairness in game design. If the AI breezes a certain way, he can be mathematically impossible to kill even if you never make one tactical mistake.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Done! All it took was Mango Pie and not letting him drink water… oh and half an hour… =)

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: arcaist.9683

arcaist.9683

I love the idea of this minigame, but the thing I really dislike is that the NPC has entirely different rules applied to them : they can spam their special move, they can belch without having to take three drinks, and belch multiple times in a row (all happened to me). With Adnul especially it feels like playing rock paper scissors against someone who insists on using “machine gun” all the time.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Q the Conquerer.1962

Q the Conquerer.1962

9 turns in a row without being able to bluff. This isn’t cool.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Grax.9204

Grax.9204

This is simply horriffic. Doing this over and over again with a tiny chance of him for one not spamming his stupid ability…
Why can those npc’s even spam theyr special stuff? That’s not fun nor interesting, just plain luck

Asura Mesmer – Gragx – Kodash
Virtus – [VRTS]
http://virtus-gilde.de/gw2map

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

I beat him last night without food buffs, and using the charr signature skill. He was easier for me to beat than the human girl one, personally, but eventually I took all of them out – the ugly frog included. I welcome such content which is challenging to complete.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Grax.9204

I welcome such content which is challenging to complete.

There’s one issue… This isn’t a challenge, it’s plain luck. If you’re not lucky he’ll just spam his special ability meaning you can’t belch. Meaning there’s no way to win

Virtus – [VRTS]

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Andlat Helsonr.1284

I welcome such content which is challenging to complete.

There’s one issue… This isn’t a challenge, it’s plain luck. If you’re not lucky he’ll just spam his special ability meaning you can’t belch. Meaning there’s no way to win

He spammed his 3 times in a row. I still beat him. I waited for him to get to about 50% and start spamming – at the time I was still at 100% HP. It was a tough fight to get him lower and lower, but belching his bluff and healing myself up with the charr special did wonders. When I took him out, I had 1 or 2 drinks left before going down myself. It was a challenging fight, and I felt satisfied when I won it.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Grax.9204

Great for you if he started spamming at 50%. for me this usually happens at around 75%

Virtus – [VRTS]

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Andlat Helsonr.1284

Great for you if he started spamming at 50%. for me this usually happens at around 75%

He uses his first one at 75%, then lets you bluff a couple of times, then starts spamming again. Even if he started non-stop spamming at 75% several times, sometimes he does not. Point is – he is not impossible.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Pretty hard since it is luck based.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: ZoraKae.9381

ZoraKae.9381

40+ times and zero luck. This is really a bug and needs to be fixed, I haven’t had any trouble with all the rest except him…

edit: After 3 tries using Maddie’s special ‘Woo’, preventing him from healing for 3 rounds, I was able too take him down without much trouble.

(edited by ZoraKae.9381)

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Pihtt.4360

Pihtt.4360

After 4 hours trying, I wonder if this is a bug or not? Am I wasting my time?

Guardian [Run] Welcome To Wonderland: http://team-run.eu

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Magnadine Enthor.4896

Magnadine Enthor.4896

It’s random. Sometimes you get unlucky and he spams this multiple times in a row, but if you keep trying, the RNG will have him take breaks in-between his buffs, which you can take advantage of.

[TRB]-ConFLUX

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Dragon s Dawn.3950

Dragon s Dawn.3950

indeed the quickest way to deal with him is using food that gives you regen , and if you wanna make sure it works a boost of regen (if you have it)
Does anyone know if you use a elementalist that has 5 traits in water-magic it also keeps its regen?

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

He was some serious bullkitten, but I had less of a problem beating him than the woman who gives you Woo! That lady…I wanted to smash her in the face with a hammer after my 45th time losing to her.

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Atom.6879

Atom.6879

Can an ANet Dev please comment on this post and tell us what’s up, got hundreds of people who want to bash their heads on desks over your “skill = luck” game.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Nuggi.7861

Nuggi.7861

First time I have seen anything that annoying in GW2, I normally like challenges, but this is just down to luck. We are probably guneapigs in an Arenenet experiment to check how far you can go before people go crazy.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: SoulCrystal.5207

SoulCrystal.5207

It has been proven. A sylvari can hold her own against a Norn… if she eats a Mango Pie. They’re really cheap to buy too, so just pick one up before you go against him. I beat him my first try after eating one.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: HJKonefoureight.3081

HJKonefoureight.3081

They’ve patched the the restoration bug, now it really is impossible. I wish I could cheat like the AI does, but I’d probably get banned.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Altinar.1765

Altinar.1765

Great job Arenanet: you claim to have fixed this and reduced his likelihood of spamming critique, yet he still spams it at almost every opportunity past 60%~, and, even worse, the bug where he blocks your bluff without having critique active is (what a surprise) still unfixed. Are the devs just outright lying to us now?

Oh, and about that RNG: he’s belched literally every single time I use water. It’s like he knows everything you’re doing.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Here is the problem I am having

Irongut gets to use his critique skill multiple times while the player only gets to use it once – OK i can deal with that

But he seems to be using belch too often too. A number of times I have counted only two rounds between belch for him instead of three. It’s like having 2 repeatable sig skills for the NPC

Oh, and he still uses critique without the icon showing – especially at the start of the match. I think that carries over from the previous match.

i don’t mind them removing food buffs against other players but if they can’t get their own game to stop cheating then they at least need to let us use something against the npcs.

Just plain bad design here

(edited by Lamont.5973)

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Still uses the ability at random… and sometimes multiple times in a row.
I wish I did this before the patch, maybe it would have been actually possible to beat.

I’ve spent 2 hours (total) on it.
I give up.

Benight[Edge]

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Verified, I just tried it myself and he still does it at will. If he’s allowed to use his signature skill when he wants to I think our 1-shot deal should be removed to make it fair, if anything, against this guy.

Only 2 hours so far? Wow…

edit: I got his health down to ~10% and then he had to cheat. If this is going to be about luck then I do suggest it gets saved for luck-based content, not a minigame that’s supposed to be fun and isn’t anymore, because we’ve run out of usable options and the NPC clearly has the advantage. Please fix it so everyone has a chance, and I don’t mean a slim chance.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

(edited by Valandil Dragonhart.2371)

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Athares.2506

Athares.2506

yeah, i did over 50 times after a patch, and still not going. I want dev who’s responsible for this to do it while streaming.
kitten , i’ve wasted so much time on this, something isn’t right.

(edited by Athares.2506)

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: ScabberousDog.4519

ScabberousDog.4519

I’ve been trying the past 2 hours and here’s some things I’ve noticed

He belches EVERY time I drink water. No matter if I use it immediately when I get water up or wait a few turns, he just belches. I can get in maybe 1 water per game, and it’s usually near the beginning when I’m not that hurt. There have been times where his belch really seems like it should be down, but it isn’t(maybe his bluffs are counting towards his belch coming up?)

As is it wasn’t fair enough that we only get 1 signature move while he gets infinite, he uses them back to back. Once the first 3 stacks are up he will just do again immediately, or if you’re lucky you get 1 or 2 turns.

Sometimes when I start the game and bluff on the first or second turn, without him even using his signature(he doesn’t even have the buff icon), I get the message telling me that he’s watching me carefully and I lose health. This is shown in the picture, it’s the second turn, you can see in the chatbox that the round had just started.

He seems to lose so little health from drinking and so much health from water. I lose like 20% hp(1999/10,000) from drinking, and gain like 10%(1080) from water. He seems to lose like 5% hp from drinking and gains at least 10% or 15% from water. I’ve had games where he drinks water every time it’s up and he heals more than he loses from drinking those 3 turns, he’ll stay at really high health while I’m dying.

The rest of the NPC’s could be challenging and take a few rounds to win but at least they were actually beatable.

Attachments:

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Lvyona.8230

Lvyona.8230

I’ve been trying the past 2 hours and here’s some things I’ve noticed

He belches EVERY time I drink water. No matter if I use it immediately when I get water up or wait a few turns, he just belches. I can get in maybe 1 water per game, and it’s usually near the beginning when I’m not that hurt. There have been times where his belch really seems like it should be down, but it isn’t(maybe his bluffs are counting towards his belch coming up?)

As is it wasn’t fair enough that we only get 1 signature move while he gets infinite, he uses them back to back. Once the first 3 stacks are up he will just do again immediately, or if you’re lucky you get 1 or 2 turns.

Sometimes when I start the game and bluff on the first or second turn, without him even using his signature(he doesn’t even have the buff icon), I get the message telling me that he’s watching me carefully and I lose health. This is shown in the picture, it’s the second turn, you can see in the chatbox that the round had just started.

He seems to lose so little health from drinking and so much health from water. I lose like 20% hp(1999/10,000) from drinking, and gain like 10%(1080) from water. He seems to lose like 5% hp from drinking and gains at least 10% or 15% from water. I’ve had games where he drinks water every time it’s up and he heals more than he loses from drinking those 3 turns, he’ll stay at really high health while I’m dying.

The rest of the NPC’s could be challenging and take a few rounds to win but at least they were actually beatable.

same here

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: doenerfritze.2648

doenerfritze.2648

<frustration>
WTB a QA team! Having a good QA team: priceless! That’s by far not the first time. But of course they fixed Mangos first… not him. What would GW2 without frustration?! -.-

Thanks for a completely ruined evening A-Net. Maybe I should stop supporting you and not buying Gems anymore. Not that this would help here… but I don’t feel like supporting this crap is good.

Can’t beat him. Tried too many times. Two times it was very close, but hadn’t enough luck to finish him. This is really not about skill. Show me just one video of anyone, who can beat him twice in a row or otherwise it’s proved luck. All other guys are stupidly easy compared to this one.
I don’t know (and also I don’t care) if it’s just because of the bugs, that the others stated here, or the insane difficulty. It’s just frustrating… no way that this is fun for anyone out there.

Fix it! Today! And btw: cancel that 14 day cycle. I want QUALITY… not quantity!
ty.. have a nice day.. or not… don’t care anymore…
</frustration>

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

The bug fix that was implemented this morning prevents Adnul from using Critique on the same turn it ends, granting a minimum of one turn before he can use it again. The reason he belches so often is because he never fakes (or extremely infrequently) so his belch comes off cooldown often.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: nikodante.1058

nikodante.1058

Have to say, it’s really nice of you guys to fix the health regen food exploit. Hopefully next time you can take a small moment to fix the other bug that involves him retaining stacks from his buff on consecutive tries.

If you’re going to make something ridiculously difficult, at least make it fair.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Athares.2506

Athares.2506

Hahaha, so everything is as it should, right? So go ahead, do a video when winning against him at least two times in a row and i’ll take back my words.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Shrubbery.8362

Shrubbery.8362

He seems bugged again. Had to drink twice, without him having his Critique buff activated. I’ve spent the last 2 hours trying to win, but it seems impossible now. Nearly all his belches hit my heal, and all my belches hit his drink, even when I know he can activate his heal… Therefor imposible to beat

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Altinar.1765

Altinar.1765

The bug fix that was implemented this morning prevents Adnul from using Critique on the same turn it ends, granting a minimum of one turn before he can use it again. The reason he belches so often is because he never fakes (or extremely infrequently) so his belch comes off cooldown often.

1. He used it back to back on me earlier today after the patch, so your fix didn’t work.

2. Even if it did, what a slap in the face: one whole turn between him spamming it is your idea of a fix? So we get to bluff once before we’re back to being forced to drink every turn, lest we get belched on for drinking water (because apparently poker face means nothing against Adnul).

3. The fact that he takes less than half normal damage from drinking makes this utterly unfair even without his constant spamming of critique; since he can get the 3 drinks needed for belch in while taking 5% less damage to his health than players, it’s nearly impossible to actually cause him to lose health at anywhere near a fair rate. Note that the scenario I just proposed is optimal; most of the time he’ll only need to drink twice with a water in between, leaving him with a potential 15% health lead over you while STILL being capable of spamming critique and magically predicting exactly when to belch.

4. The bug where your bluff is blocked as if critique were still active, even when he has no stacks of the move (and has not spoken the associated message), is still not fixed.

I’m sorry, but this isn’t a fix, this is a slap in the face. Treating a legitimate and extremely irritating issue as though it’s “just a teency weency bit unfair” is insulting, and you may as well have just left this bug unfixed: one turn in between him constantly spamming his signature move is like giving a penny to someone who asks for a dollar.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: WhiteAxolotl.7562

WhiteAxolotl.7562

I don’t see how they “fix” things, first they implement new content without testing for obvious and major flaws, then half the player base gets off easily using an incredibly obvious bug (WHICH by the way they already had a history with (Dragon Ball (Food bug)). Now they restrict food and only say they nerfed the signature move spam (while it is actually still being spammed a lot).

Why do the NPCs even have more than twice the HP and the ability to continuously spam their signature move while players can only use it once?

The only way to win from Adnul right now is by extreme luck, which imo shouldn’t be the only way to win.

Yet another flopped addition to the game

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

3 bugs I can see
taking a drinking takes 20% off your health – tooltip says 10%
water only heals 10% – tooltip says 20%
frequently near the start of the game his critique is in effect even though there is no icon to show it is active

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Macgayver.8723

Macgayver.8723

In my opinion, this type of activity is tiring and takes all the fun out of participating in the event, one thing is be difficult, something else is being difficult things about you being angry and cursing out the game. Developers have to remember that things should be fun and interesting.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: doenerfritze.2648

doenerfritze.2648

Finally… I did it. Don’t know how, because I predicted some of his skills correctly and sometimes closed my eyes. My tactic didn’t changed from first to last try. But nevertheless, it’s extremely frustrating. Far more luck based than Cra(p)btacular.

Man… I had a hard time to not spam and flame like a little boy that lost his lollypop. Can’t remember when I was ever so frustrated. Hopefully you all get lucky as well.

Paul… seriously… it’s ok that Adnul is difficult… but remember.. it’s a game. Yeah, mostly frustrated persons like me get that answer. “It’s just a game. Take a break.”
I know that… but I don’t know if some of you guys at Arenanet know it. It’s a game… not work. Try to differentiate between a challenge… and … pure frustration. If Adnul would just use Belch and Water on recast, it would be harder but predictable. If he wouldn’t use his critique as much as possible, it would be easier. With both, it would be as difficult as it is currently, but more predictable. Not that this would be a complete solution or what, but everything would be better than the current.

But to be a little bit positive: Thanks for the answer, Paul! It’s not that often, that I see this. :-/

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: WhiteAxolotl.7562

WhiteAxolotl.7562

So another thing I don’t get, the Belch skill should negate the Healing of Drinking water, but yet at the last 5% of his HP, while I still had 1500~ HP, he belches when I drink water and it hits me for 1999 damage. This makes no sense!

Problem code?