Aether (Foefire style short bow) particle effect animation bug.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: God Alien.8960

God Alien.8960

I would like a dev to help me with this issue asap. I recently crafted Aether (foefire style short bow), and it is not behaving as it should. The preview indicates that it has a “pulsing” animation that makes the particle effects pulse at certain time intervals. This is not occurring in game. The only time it pulses is when I equip the weapon from the inventory, but not when I swap between weapons in game. Is this normal behavior? Can someone who has the GS or the Hammer confirm this? All input is much appreciated.

Attachments:

Posted by: Fender.3624

Fender.3624

Hey that’s me in the pic!

Posted by: God Alien.8960

God Alien.8960

Please help me with this issue, as I am pretty sure its a bug with all foefire weapons.

Posted by: Phantom.4157

Phantom.4157

I also have Aether (foefire shortbow). I am having the same particle effect issue.

Issues:

1. Upon “preview” of the weapon, it gives a wonderful pulsing blue shine every couple of seconds.. After obtaining the weapon in game though, this is not occuring at all.

2. When you weapon swap to the bow, it produces a burst of blue light. It’s a fantastic addition to the weapon but, this only occurs on the first weapon swap per map change/ loading screen to a new area. I would imagine that the bow is suppose to give that burst of light every time you swap to the weapon, rather than just the first time.

The only particle effect that seems to be functioning properly is the ghostly blue fire around the bow at all times.

Note: I am only referring to these phenomena as “issues” because not many people have these weapon skins, and the weapon particle effects differ from the preview. If a developer can inform us to whether or not this is a bug or not, that would be wonderful news in any case.

IGN: Lucifers Gift

Attachments:

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

Posted by: Baby.1405

Baby.1405

hopefully a dev could give feedback soon

Posted by: Phantom.4157

Phantom.4157

Bump.

We may not have the numbers to get this issue fixed immediately, but we certainly put in the hard effort for these weapon skins. A dev response would be great.

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

Posted by: pepebart.5187

pepebart.5187

Bump again.

I’ve Just crafted it and see the pulsing animation on the preview indeed, which isn’t there when you wear the bow

extremely strange. if it’s not a bug, why this repeated pulsing in preview?

Posted by: XxDBUxX.1729

XxDBUxX.1729

Hey does Aether have any effects on the arrow flight?

Posted by: Evning.8495

Evning.8495

I am interested in this as well, is this a bug in the preview, or a bug in the equip?

Posted by: Evning.8495

Evning.8495