Aetherblade Retreat - Inspector ellen stuck.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kiwicharr.8051

Kiwicharr.8051

Hey there

So I was running Aetherblade retreat ( after the latest update that happened that fixed some bugs) and Inspector ellen kiel became stuck near the end of the dungeon. We were up to the jumping platform part of the dungeon where you would stand on those springs and they would launch you up to higher platforms. Our whole group got to the top of these, opened the gate for ellen then proceeded down the hill and cleared out the Inquest there. Ellen ran in and became stuck near the entrance to that area and nothing we did could get her to move. We tried running all the way back to the entrance to the boss area but that didn’t work. I wonder if it occured because all of us did the jumping puzzle part and none of us stayed down the bottom with her while the gate was being opened? Hopefully this is enough detail to help you guys out, ask away if you need to know anything else.

Posted by: Nayaru.4716

Nayaru.4716

Same problem different location. After fighting Mai Trinn and her friend, Ellen became stuck on the rocks just by the bridge to the airship. Nothing we did could get her to move and she did nothing when interacted with. No one saw at what point she moved there and became stuck. What would be really great is if there was a way we players could reset the npc such as everyone wiping and having the npc spawn back with us at the waypoint.

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

Same problem at location before we finish guard her. When he must run before us and say something like “Lets finish this” she stuck. We tried use waypoints, tried full party wipe – nothing.

Posted by: Libertis.1329

Libertis.1329

My group is currently stalled at this point as well.

Posted by: mricezombie.4560

mricezombie.4560

I think this is the best dungeon ever made so far, but i’m stuck too with ellen kiel not doing anything. A npc reset thingy would be nice. beacause now i have to start doing it all over again

Posted by: agonythazazelyth.6438

agonythazazelyth.6438

we’re stuck right now. so crappy.

Posted by: agonythazazelyth.6438

agonythazazelyth.6438

does ANYONE have a solution for this????

Posted by: Aryll.8273

Aryll.8273

This Is Really annoying now, Second run through the dungeon now and inspector Ellen Kiel Has bugged in exactly the same place twice. 3 and a half hours of my “ALREADY WASTED LIFE” have been plunged even further down the drain….. I feel Cheated and Disappointed and really hope that this gets fixed right now.

Posted by: Sage.2578

Sage.2578

I’ve run with Aryll too and had the bug.

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

i had the same problem ANet..it kinda sucks doing 40 minutes of dungeon and have a bug on the last boss…….Elen kiel followed us but didnt interact with the console..ive been there 2 times and nhad to leave due to this bug..extremly disapointed..

Posted by: Daggy.5706

Daggy.5706

yup stuck right at the end here where she need to open this stupid thing and she is just standing there like an idiot… lionguards…..

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Same issue, in the tunnel just after she opens the door from the jumping puzzle. Day two, but still disappointing that I can’t finish this dungeon because of her.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Vbdude.5938

Vbdude.5938

This Is Really annoying now, Second run through the dungeon now and inspector Ellen Kiel Has bugged in exactly the same place twice. 3 and a half hours of my “ALREADY WASTED LIFE” have been plunged even further down the drain….. I feel Cheated and Disappointed and really hope that this gets fixed right now.

Yup, ran with Aryll and Sage as well and obviously, since I was with them, had the same problem.

I mean the dungeon is fun, and even though the laser part is slightly frustrating, once you get past it all that frustration goes. And honestly, I have no problem with that. It’s just once you reach the end and the last door is bugged you feel cheated and more than annoyed. You essentially wasted all of that time for what?

Posted by: Dworkin Barriman.1275

Dworkin Barriman.1275

Same bug for me, she’s stuck right before interacting with the console for the last fight
this is really annoying, ive done this 3 times now, and she’s stuck every time. I want credit for this dungeon, but im not going to bang my head into a brick wall. FIX THIS! In fact I think you should give everyone on this thread credit for the dungeon anet. After all its YOUR screw up.

Posted by: Roujin X.6851

Roujin X.6851

Had pretty much the same problem just a couple of minutes ago. Also did an in-game bug report. But like other before me have mentioned the Inquest-Laser-Golem Boss is already difficult, frustrating and annoying enough so once you cleared that you really don’t want a game breaking bug to ruin what you’ve worked for so hard to achieve.

What’s worse is that it seems to happen quite often too…

Posted by: DeepBlueJSB.9621

DeepBlueJSB.9621

This bug is getting really annoying. pls ANET fix it fast… this dungeon is so fun! .. but pls

Posted by: Elliot.9154

Elliot.9154

Had the stuck bug several times, it seems to me it only happens if no party members run with ellen the moment the door opens. thus she will wait for the the party resulting in the bug.
Also seems that on the final boss fight the first mate does not respawn the moment you kill him first. (forcing your party to fail so the boss resets)

Posted by: Selura Trial.4658

Selura Trial.4658

Same problem here, after opening the door she went a few meters and stopped after several steps, nothing helped to make her move again. Arenanet please fix this ennoying bug and try to avoid similar bugs in new dungeons!