Afk times in minigames overrestrictive

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Can you please increase the afk timers in minigames? They are overrestrictive. I cant even go to the next room to get something to drink now without getting logged out. Its terribly annoying, especially if you finnaly managed to get into games with friends.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Would agree with this one on the bells (wintersay).

There is a 3min free play after the songs – I like to listen to what others play and that inactive timer pops up very quickly.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Malediktus.9250

Its also a problem in sanctum sprint after you finished and waiting for the rest. I see no reasons for the restrictive timers, most minigames dont reward anything if your personal score is 0, not even achievement progress to games played.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s working as intended. AFKers will prevent someone else from getting in the game. Since none last very long, the activity timer has to be shorter than the WvW or the PvE timers.

However, I would support a suggestion to make the duration of the timer dependent on how many people are signing up to play or to increase the duration after the player has completed the competitive portion (e.g. has opened chest in Sanctum Sprint, Free Play during Choir Bells, etc.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Malediktus.9250

Its not preventing anyone to join. If a minigame instance is full it just opens an other. Ideally noone should be able to join rounds which already started anyway.

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

The mini games take place in maps built around the rules of sPvP and tPvP.

If you played pvp, you would notice in the mini game areas you are wearing your pvp gear.

The AFK timer in Pvp used to be much longer, which promoted leeching, so the timer was shortened.

The main issue you’re seeking to change, is to make mini games into pve zones or something different, with its own rules, instead of being pvp based zones.

Snowball fight, keg toss, southsun survival, etc still need to be in pvp areas, with the quick kick timer. Bell choir, sanctum sprint etc do not.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

Malediktus.9250

Or anet could just spend some effort to program seperate afk timers.

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Or anet could just spend some effort to program seperate afk timers.

You’ve missed the entire point.

The mini games are based in zones that are technically pvp maps, so they share all the same rules as ACTUAL pvp.

You can’t have separate timers, because it simply won’t work.

Malediktus.9250

Of course it can work if anet makes the afk timers depend on the map and not on the mode. Its just anets lazyness to make an universal timer for all pvp maps.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

If possible:

Sanctum Sprint: Players standing behind the finish line should be completely immune to the AFK timer.

Bell Choir: The AFK timer should deactivate after the final song. The free play period should not result in a player being kicked.

Those are the only two instances I can think of where the short AFK timer is annoying/inappropriate.