Alexandra Duet [Skill Challenge] bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Taliesin.6837

Taliesin.6837

SERVER: GUNNAR’S HOLD.

Malchor’s Leap, Chatedral of Eternal Radiance, the skill challenge underneath the platform where the Lyssa priestess champ usually is.

Alexandra Duet for the Skill Challenge is always red, and as soon as you kill her she just replenishes her HP and starts all over, and players are unable to kill her. Please fix it, it’s a common bug that’s been reported FOR A YEAR NOW (I googled the name and bug reports of said character come up since 2012).

Please FIX IT. I can’t complete my map. Waiting for daily reset @ 00:00 GMT is NOT fixing this. I’ve been going there for a whole week with no result.

PLEASE. FIX. IT.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Is the event to defeat her running? I just did this challenge on a test server without any issues. So she’s hostile, and reducing her to 0 hp causes her to instantly heal and remain hostile?

Taliesin.6837

The event is not running, yet she is hostile, and reducing her to 0 hp will just instaheal her keeping her hostile.

Is there a way I can maybe do it by moving to a different server or something like that? I like my server…

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Guesting will let you do the challenge on another server.

Taliesin.6837

Silly question: how do I do that? :I

Anyways this still has to be fixed.

(edited by Taliesin.6837)

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

From the character selection screen, click on “World Selection” (lower left corner) and select the server you want to guest on, and click on “Guest”. DO NOT select “Transfer” or it will charge you gems to permanently transfer your account.

Taliesin.6837

Thank you very much

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

…and for good measure the cheeky tart is a sword/shield Mesmer. I am very jealous of that .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Zulrin.3286

Zulrin.3286

Just a note that I had this too in Ring of Fire. I guested to Desolation and could start and finish the event fine.

Taliesin.6837

Little update: I de-noobified myself and got to learn how to guest on another server, so I could do the point and finish the map. In the meantime I think the bug team got to fix the issue and they were so kind to gift me with a quaggan backpack item.

I’m almost moved by that, and I wanted to sincerely say thank you for I really appreciated the gesture. Thanks I’ll treasure the lil’ critter.

Posted by: Peekaboo.8794

Peekaboo.8794

(NA Megaservers) Alexandra Duet ALREADY bugged

In the words of Taliesin.6837:

Alexandra Duet for the Skill Challenge is always red, and as soon as you kill her she just replenishes her HP and starts all over, and players are unable to kill her.

Guesting on other servers are not possible to solve issue – Megaserver *yeah

Please fix it!

(edited by Peekaboo.8794)

Posted by: Hazze.3689

Hazze.3689

(NA Megaservers) Alexandra Duet ALREADY bugged

In the words of Taliesin.6837:

Alexandra Duet for the Skill Challenge is always red, and as soon as you kill her she just replenishes her HP and starts all over, and players are unable to kill her.

Guesting on other servers are not possible to solve issue – Megaserver *yeah

Please fix it!

Verified.

Guesting to other servers produces no results. it’s been bugged for about 3 days now.

Last thing i need to complete that zone =[

I imagine the May 29th maintenance will address this problem in one way or another… i hope.

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Whats sad is that this very bug has happened a number of times since launch.

Posted by: citsongamai.2908

citsongamai.2908

I also just tried to guest on two different servers with the same results, she stays red and her health resets. It is also the last thing I need for the map.

Posted by: Fester.9328

Fester.9328

Im on Tarnished Coast and ran into this today. Guesting did fix it, but it was still annoying, especialy sicne the first server i guested to, Ferguson’s Crossing, was also bugged. Luckily the one on crystal Desert went fine.

On a side not, when i got back to Tarnished Coast, she wasn’t bugged. But that could be because now, she appears as I have completed it so…there you go.

Bug:

Alexandra was hostile even though no one was doing the event, and i couldn’t talk to her to start the event. Tried to kill her, and her health just went right back up to full over and over again.

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Competed this successfully on an SoS(home) megaserver

Posted by: Dragon Ruler X.8512

Dragon Ruler X.8512

This is indeed bugged. I’ve obtained 6 characters with 100% map completion, and I am currently working on my 7th. This glitch is impeding my ability to complete Malchor’s Leap.

As stated above: The NPC remains hostile and then upon reaching 0hp will recharge to full. I wasn’t around for the activation, but possible causes that come to mind are killing the clone first.

Methods of killing used:
On land:
Straight dmg (no conditions)
Straight Cdmg (condition inflicting skills only with no damage)
Combined dmg (both Pdmg and Cdmg)
In water
Straight dmg (no conditions)
Straight Cdmg (condition inflicting skills only with no damage)
Combined dmg (both Pdmg and Cdmg)

None of these seem to allow for the game to read the 0hp mark differently.
Please fix.

Posted by: timothy.1938

timothy.1938

Yep…. shes not dying. Please fix

Dragon Ruler X.8512

Note:
When her health reaches 0hp and then recharges to full after using pure C/Pdmg and mixed dmg she bowes, but no skill point progress was awarded.

(edited by Dragon Ruler X.8512)

Posted by: Spyrtia.4397

Spyrtia.4397

I just tried guesting to 2 other servers on NA, but it showed as bugged on each one. SoS as homeworld has it bugged as well.

Dragon Ruler X.8512

As I mentioned on another post relating to this topic….The megaserver reduces the effectiveness of guesting due to its mechanics involving metrics and overall population of instantiates per map. In order to successfully cure this – you’ll need to (in essence) create (what was formerly) an “overflow” or what is now a second instance of your map. This new instance will contain reset NPCs and events thus allowing you to finish the SP at that point. So unfortunately until the devs put out a patch for this it’ll most likely remain bugged.

A tip to better your chances: pay attention to when guilds are doing temple runs and hope the server fills up so you’re NOT with the large groups killing Dwayna or Lyssa and are in a small server killing your SP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Im on Tarnished Coast and ran into this today. Guesting did fix it, but it was still annoying, especialy sicne the first server i guested to, Ferguson’s Crossing, was also bugged. Luckily the one on crystal Desert went fine.

On a side not, when i got back to Tarnished Coast, she wasn’t bugged. But that could be because now, she appears as I have completed it so…there you go.

Bug:

Alexandra was hostile even though no one was doing the event, and i couldn’t talk to her to start the event. Tried to kill her, and her health just went right back up to full over and over again.

EXACTLY the same with me except I guested to Blackgate. When I got back after guesting she was no longer hostile and the event was complete.

Posted by: Archomeda.6472

Archomeda.6472

I can verify this for the European servers as well. Just ran into her, and she was hostile.
Seeing as the megaservers were introduced a while ago, guesting does not work at non-peak hours: I keep getting into the same map over and over again.

Posted by: waldo.8963

waldo.8963

Currently the same bug. Please fix. Thanks.

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Still Broken and stopping world completion – guesting doesn’t help as there is only 1 map open #MegaServers

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.