Allies Won't Fight During Missions

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: TehNinjaKiller.7610

TehNinjaKiller.7610

So I bought the Living World Seasons 1-3 and Heart of Thorns and I am noticing a disturbing and annoying trend: Braham, Rox, Marjory and everyone else WILL NOT FIGHT THE ENEMIES. I will sit there thinking, “Oh I love these characters I want to see more,” and then the endearment is gone when I’m fighting 6 Mordrem and all of my allies just stand there and stare at me.

I am currently trying to fight the Mordrem Predator in the mission “Into the Labyrinth” and nothing. They all just circle around me as I dance around this guy’s bug minions, staring at me as I fight for my life while they do LITERALLY NOTHING BUT STAND THERE, not attacking whatsoever. When I check their statuses, they all have the DETERMINED status, which I don’t understand. Caithe just stands at the entrance to the boss fight, unmoving.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I somehow glitch the game and should repair? Am I missing something crucial? I want to solve this so I can actually enjoy the story and experience epic fights with what is basically Destiny’s Edge 2.0, with characters I actually love, but I can’t find anything to fix this. Please, help. Until then, I’m going to pause my story and wait for an answer.

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Yes this is bug that’s been here for awhile now and it’s not just in Season 2, it’s happening in the original Personal Story as well.

Posted by: ofthesamvariety.7801

ofthesamvariety.7801

NPCs aren’t always supposed to fight with you. It could make story missions too easy, especially if the player can just stand back and let the NPCs do all the hard work. I agree that this fight is practically impossible to solo (I tried it for the first time last night and my best attempt got it to ~70%) but I submitted a bug report and apparently NPCs often intentionally don’t help in story missions.

Time for me to make a friend!

Posted by: TehNinjaKiller.7610

TehNinjaKiller.7610

I understand that having too many NPCs fight in a story mission can be counter intuitive and remove any form of skillful challenge, though since the personal story can be considered single player as well as group there’s a certain amount of scaling that should go into these kind of interactions between player and NPC allies. They dont even have to do enough to kill it, just adjust the rate at which my ally NPC’s attack, lower it to make it so the player has to do most of the work. I shouldn’t be required to go and grab a stranger just so I can complete a Story mission, and doing the above should, in my eyes, be relatively simple since character stats continuously change in Guild Wars due to status effects, abilities, etc.

Since this may be a bug can we expect a fix for it eventually or is this an intentional thing ArenaNet doesn’t want to touch? Either way I am going to power through the story, I just don’t want the experience to be soured, because I happen to enjoy Guild Wars storylines a lot since Guild Wars 1.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can use Google to find the Dev response to this issue. I think it may be on Reddit (in one of the recent AMAs?), or if not, it’s here on the forums.

Good luck.

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Doing the into the labyrinth story to find the master of peace and defeat the Mordrem Predator and my allies are useless.
Cathie did rez when in the maze but they dont fight, and doing the boss they all just run around doing nothing
Is this normal???
Cathie doesnt rez anymore and none of the others do instead. Im sure they used to fight?
So is this bugged or been changed!
Even worse the boss just healed mid fight!
Thanks