Annoying display bug in "My Story" on hero screen

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

For some weeks, I have been affected by a very annoying display error in the “My Story” tab on the hero screen of one of my characters. For the record, this character is a sylvari, a member of the Durmand Priory, and has the greatest fear of “causing the death of an innocent”. And I have not yet completed the personal story completely.

Description of the bug:
As you know, the “My Story” tab consists of two sections. On the left side, there is a “table of contents” listing all the story entries (with a scrollbar), and on the right side a large screen shows the appropriate image and text for the selected entry. The bug affects the left “table of contents” section.
Whenever I scroll down past a certain point, all the entries in the left window disappear. Whenever I scroll back up past that point, everything suddenly reappears.
The point where this happens is always the same: whenever the line below the story entry “Starving the Beast” would appear. That line would be “Ossuary of Unquiet Dead”, but it never appears. And neither do the four other story entries I have since completed.
None of this has any bearing on the right part of the window: the selected story step remains unchanged. This leads me to believe it is a display error in the “table of contents” part, and not an error in the personal story itself.
This has been consistently occurring ever since the entry “Ossuary of Unquiet Dead” first appeared in the list, and I have already made an in-game report of it some weeks ago.

I find this bug extremely annoying, because it prevents me to read back my personal story logs past the point of “Starving the Beast”. While my current personal story chapter is automatically selected upon opening the hero screen, I can never read back log entries between “Starving the Beast” and my current chapter. Therefore, I would be very grateful if this issue could be fixed.
Also, I am hoping a staff member could comment on whether this is a known bug, or if this is the first time it has been reported.
Finally, if anyone else experiences this same bug (perhaps even at the same point in the story), could you please indicate that in this thread? I am curious to know whether more people are affected.

Thank you for your time.

(edited by Jornophelanthas.1475)

Posted by: Gnaffy.4701

Gnaffy.4701

Bump
I have reported this bug infinite times, nothing has been done nor said in the past 30something days… my bug is almost the same but slightly different I can’t see anything past “Estate of Decay” even tho I completed my story.
This is such an incredibly annoying bug, I’d like to see the choices I’ve made during my storyline and just read the whole thing… but I can’t!

Gnaffy.4701

Bump. I can’t believer noone did anything in 40 days for what seems a simple bug…

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I shall give an update on this bug.

I filed a support ticket on the website. The support team then asked me for a few screenshots. I provided these (and have also added them to this post), and was then given a more or less final answer. The support team told me that they weren’t the right people to report this UI bug to, and that I should support an in-game bug report. Which I have done.

I guess it remains to be seen if one of the next game patches will fix the issue, because this all happened shortly before the Karka event, and there has been no major patch since.

The first screenshot shows how far down I can scroll down on the “My Story” screen without problem. If I move the slider any further down, all entries disappear, as can be seen in the second screenshot.
(I should add that I have completed several story steps since then, but have not yet completed the entire personal story at the time I took these screenshots.)

Attachments:

(edited by Jornophelanthas.1475)

Gnaffy.4701

the real problem is that I got this bug since 3 weeks after the game came out, reported it in any possible way multiple times and yet nothing has been done! How hard can it be to fix something like this??

Gnaffy.4701

wow, new patch and the bug is still there… again…