Another Assault Knight Thread

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: aRestless.6213

aRestless.6213

Maybe I read that wrong, but the patch notes state the following:

A reward chest will now be awarded after all three Assault Knight events have finished, and will be given to the corresponding participants even if only one Assault Knight was defeated.

This sounds to me as if all players who fight the assault knights would receive the reward, even if only one event succeeds. However, in the attempt on Drakkar-Lake a few minutes ago only the green knight failed, participants of red and blue got loot, but the ones from green did not.

As said before, I don’t know if I understand the patch notes right, but I would highly recommend that this behaviour should not stay as it is – simply because it’s another reason for the players not to split up, but instead to participate in one of the events that is likely to succeed, hoping for the chance to get a buff when another player looses it.

Never lose track of your friends again, with Who’s Talking for Overwolf

Posted by: Kyvia.5961

Kyvia.5961

Yep…if you are not in the Kill group for a Knight, no loot…GG Anet, another bug on this endlessly buggy encounter…

Force us to split, because the Zerg is too strong, and then do not give loot to those who participate, makes perfect sense….I should start a thread counter on This bug now!

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Yup, our overflow only defeated the red Knight and those people only got a chest. Half way through the event map chat is filled with shouting and complaining.

This whole LS event is bugged and horribly implemented.

Release: Loot drops are sporadic at best.
Patch 1: Still not fixed.
Patch 2: Now even less people get loot.
Patch 3: Forced game mechanic now causes even more hate and vitriol across servers and overflows as the loot system only awards the players who win and promotes rage quits when people see the event starting to fail, which negates any chance of last minute success.

What gives Anet? You encourage teamwork, but you give us no breathing room to work as a team with the insufficient time / ridiculously high Knight health.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

(edited by Esprit Dumort.3109)

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

I am hoping this is unintended.

Instead of accomplishing what the devs said they wanted, last night servers started to divide up between only 2 knights, kill them, and then zerg the 3rd knight if there was still time. It was better to be part of killing a knight you knew was going to go down, even when the extra players were detrimental, than to risk spending 15 minutes fighting the lesser populated knight and getting nothing for your frustration.

I also noticed that people gave up even trying to get to scarlet herself. When it was possible to zerg the knights one after another, I got to Scarlet more often than not. Now there is no point in even trying. You fight one knight to get your loot, everyone zergs to the final knight which scales it to an impossible level – so why bother planning on killing Scarlet. You will almost never get to her anyway.

At least in the Mari event, everyone got a reward as long as one lane succeeded, even if their own personal lane failed. It encouraged people to go ahead and try to fill in the lesser populated lanes. Here there is no incentive.

Posted by: Unification.3654

Unification.3654

Ofcourse people will now only fight the knight if there is a good chance of winning.

No point in staying and fighting if you are going to lose, and get no loot.
So during the fight, when it becomes clear we will lose, people will simply leave.

Posted by: Lunchbox.6970

Lunchbox.6970

Last night I was fighting the blue knight, but blue was dying a lot faster than green so mid fight I ran to green to help out there. I got loot as soon as blue died but since green wasn’t killed, nobody at green got loot. So I think what I will do is participate in all 3 knights enough to make sure that I get credit and that way I’ll get loot for whichever ones die. Probably isn’t a strategy that is going to help everybody win the fight, but it will hopefully guarantee that I will get some loot since ArenaNet has now made it possible to participate to the fullest and get nothing.

The way I read the patch notes, everybody should get the loot regardless of whether or not their knight dies, like the Marionette.

(edited by Lunchbox.6970)

Posted by: I I I Fear No Death.7052

I I I Fear No Death.7052

Mine almost the same. I was at the start of the event.. before the knight started.. We killed the knight. Went to help the others. I was expecting not to get rewarded for the killed knight until all three were finished. The other two knights failed. I received no chest. I also noticed that noone even attempts blue anymore because the bar is showing hes dead. That isnt helping to split groups like your trying to achieve.

Posted by: Foxgloved.3029

Foxgloved.3029

On our attempt last night all the bars showed dead for all the knights. And that was at the start so we had no way of knowing what was going on – so of course we failed and no chest. Sigh

Posted by: Melora.7418

Melora.7418

The patch notes said: “A reward chest will now be awarded after all three Assault Knight events have finished, and will be given to the corresponding participants even if only one Assault Knight was defeated.” However, I just finished the event on YB where 2/3 Knights were killed and chest were gotten by those at the dead knights, but at the failed knight we were not rewarded at all. Are “corresponding participants” considered only those who successfully kill and not everyone who participates?

Posted by: Vixen.3714

Vixen.3714

I have endlessly been trying to kill the knights and have not been receiving any loot since the new update. I know it states that you get loot after the event, however even if we fail most people still get loot. I have done these same events with party members they get loot I don’t! Really wasting my time in LA at the moment and seeing as core parts are dropped by the knights for the back item I am getting peeved by this

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

I have endlessly been trying to kill the knights and have not been receiving any loot since the new update. I know it states that you get loot after the event, however even if we fail most people still get loot. I have done these same events with party members they get loot I don’t! Really wasting my time in LA at the moment and seeing as core parts are dropped by the knights for the back item I am getting peeved by this

Done a few today, no problem with rewards, always get the boxes and occasional core here and there. It’s given at the end, when all three have been defeated.

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

Was on SBI and tackled the Assault Knights a little over an hour ago.. Blue and Green died, I was at the green section.. I don’t think anyone on the map got loot, I know I didn’t.

Posted by: Aislin.3761

Aislin.3761

Before last patch, we killed the blue one and we al got reward. But after the patch, battling blue again, we had it at 50% or a little less, and it HEALED full to 100% again. This was supposedly fixed… we lost of course.

Posted by: Filosophi.7251

Filosophi.7251

Any mesmers notice that Deceptive Evasion doesn’t work through most, if not all of the prime hologram battle?

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Well, I have not had any experience with the blue knight healing – if it is still happening then it certainly needs fixed.

But I got to say, as long as everyone who participates gets the rewards I’m actually enjoying this event now. I don’t expect to win every single knight encounter but we have been winning about 2/3 of the ones I have taken part in. The Scarlet part is a bit long but I like it. Of course, I am not going for any of the achievements there since I already have my 15/15 and don’t really care about the individual ones in the Scarlet fight.

So it’s challenging enough to be enjoyable and isn’t really all that hard to coordinate between the 3 knights.

So, if the bugs are worked out I got to say I like it overall.

Posted by: Kantos.1730

Kantos.1730

Just killed Blue, but Green and Red stayed up. Last time only Red was defeated. I got a reward chest both times (containing 6 Gear boxes). Looks like the loot problem is fixed.