Anti Aliasing on Traits UI.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

Hoping this doesn’t get brushed under the table. But the current Traits UI doesn’t have anti aliasing on (Hexagon on the left).

Example: http://metabattle.com/wiki/images/7/70/Venomshare.png (Not my image).

Should be really easy to fix so I hope somebody does so. Not a big deal mind you but still not up to gw2’s standards imo.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Anti-aliasing is pretty much only used on the 3D plane. The UI is slapped on top of this just as a set of composite 2D images, I’m guessing. The reason its noticable is due to the hexagon shape and its bright border on the dark background. In the old trait panel, all borders where black. Poor design choice perhaps.

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

You can have anti-aliasing for 2D images. Or rather, even if you can’t what I’m trying to describe is that the edges of the hexagon have sharp jagged edges in terms on transparency. Something went wrong either in the creation of the hexagon’s alpha channel/mask or in the blurring of the white edges of the hexagon.

Either way this is something that should be extremely easy to fix (I say this because even I could fix this problem. At least if I couldn’t fix it directly I could fix it by just editing the background image and hexagon into a single layer with anti-aliasing if it’s not already like that).

Edit: made an example of what I mean (whiteness isn’t exactly the same but that’s missing the point).

Attachments:

(edited by Midi.8359)