Anti spam bug makes Dry Top impossible

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

^This

Whenever I try to organize Dry Top events (taxi + event call outs) I get immediately suppressed both in map chat and LFG tool.

- I do NOT spam the same message in map chat
- I do have the same LFG up

This makes events impossible to complete on this map given that they are not so popular nowadays due to Silverwaste achievements.

Looks like filter suppresses me both in LFG and map chat after few similar listings on LFG

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

I wouldnt say impossible. I was on a T6 map a few hours ago. Organizing works well with TS.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I wouldnt say impossible. I was on a T6 map a few hours ago. Organizing works well with TS.

Since TS doesn’t come with the game, I don’t think that counts as a fair work-around.

The game should make it easier on people coordinating events that require map-wide cooperation. At the very least, people with commander tags active should not get suppressed as quickly. Ideally, players without commander tags should also be able to call out events.

On occasion, I’ve been suppressed in Harathi Hinterlands announcing the progress of the chain where the Seraph push the centaurs out of the northern camps. And I typically just announce current event/WP and upcoming event/WP, so only a handful of messages total.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

In case you are using the chat codes and texts from the reddit post below (or any other template where you copy paste texts that look very similar), try to change the text inbetween every single event call. E.g instead of leading with “Next events” you could write “Upcoming events”, “Upcoming” or nothing at all, etc.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2auf8b/updated_dry_top_events_timer_with_positions_and/

It doesn’t eliminate the problem entirely, but you won’t be blocked as fast as if you don’t change the text. What I also noticed is, that when the map chat is a bit more populated with other people “trash talking” between your calls, it also slows down the process of being blocked. Or at least that’s how it feels to me, no idea if I’m imagining things…

However, the aggressiveness of the spam detection was a problem since release. I don’t understand why this still hasn’t been changed. Before there was the lfg tool, it wasn’t even possible to search for a party for fractals without being blocked (I mean by using ingame tools, of course there were lfg sites etc.).

I think a change to the spam detection is needed, especially with more and more events coming up that require some kind of organization all over the map. You can’t expect that every single player on a map can or wants to join a TS server just to be successful in a map like Dry Top. Actually this map is something you should be able to do without a guild providing commanders and TS. When I’m there I often take the duty of an event caller and sandstorm tag, and it works out niceley until the spam detection kicks in. TS organization for these events is mostly overkill.

Even in boss encounters there will always be a few people who won’t join a TS server. So even for additional communication besides TS, the map chat is needed to keep those up to date what they are supposed to do.

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Well I can understand and justify suppression in map chat (even thou we use codes from reddit to call events out) but LFG tool suppression is beyond my understanding – it makes no sense.

Its literally impossible to taxi people into SW map. After you post the same “SW taxi” exactly 3 times – you get suppressed. So you can only taxi 12 people max on a 100+ map.

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I think there should be a way to give people some kind of “talkpower” on a map. I imagine something along the lines:

• Player joins a map (e.g. Dry Top)
  • Player announces in map chat, that (s)he will call events/help organize and asks players to give him/her “talkpower” so that the spam detection get’s deactivated/set to a less aggressive setting for him/her for a specific amount of time on this map (e.g. 1 hour, this should cover any event duration). This could work via player context menu and could also be restricted to commanders, so newly created “spam characters” can’t acquire talkpower too easily
  • Talkpower must be given to the commander by a specific amount of players so the new spam detection settings kick in (e.g. 20 players, or even better, a specific percentage of the map so that also small groups can organize)
  • Talkpower can also be taken away from the commander in the same way – this reverts the aggressiveness of the spam detection to normal.

Ofc that’s just an idea and by far not perfect. But in my opinion it is better than restricting every single player to a few text messages just in case he/she could be a gold seller/spammer.