Antitoxin Spray doesn't heal allies

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

I noticed that this new healing skill doesn’t heal allies.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Ally healing is the only reason why this skill might be used, ever. I hope it’s a bug and not just a tooltip mistake.

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Next

The Antitoxin Spray skill only heals allies that have torment, confusion, poison, or toxic pollen and it heals per each condition it removes. If your ally has only poison, it will heal them for less than it would heal an ally with all conditions. If none of the allies around you have any conditions on them, it will not heal any allies. It’s base healing only applies to the user of the skill.

(edited by Autumn Frazee.3158)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

The Antitoxin Spray skill only heals allies that have torment, confusion, poison, or toxic pollen and it heals per each condition it removes. If your ally has only poison, it will heal them a less than it would heal an ally with all conditions. If none of the allies around you have any conditions on them, it will not heal any allies. It’s base healing only applies to the user of the skill.

The tool-tip does not describe that conditional requirement in its current form and seems very misleading and incomplete.

Autumn, would you please place this item in your tracker for a rewording of the tool-tip to specify this requirement? Personally, I feel Adjusted #2 most accurately and clearly relays the skill’s function to the user.

Current:

“Use antitoxin to heal yourself and nearby allies while also removing toxic pollen, poison, torment and confusion.”
Healing: 3,920
Healing per Condition Removed: 481
Radius: 360

Adjusted: #1

“Heal yourself. Removes toxic pollen, poison, torment and confusion from you and nearby allies, gaining health for each condition removed.”

Adjusted: #2

“Heal yourself. You and nearby allies are also cleansed of toxic pollen, poison, torment and confusion and gain health for each condition removed.”

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I liked adjusted #1 better, but #2 is definitely still an improvement from the current one.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Do such a wording for
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Spring
, too

You may also use
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Blood
‘s current “wording” to clarify those skill’s effects.

Posted by: Failth.2935

Failth.2935

It’s base healing only applies to the user of the skill.

And not to the rangers pet

Ranger till the day I die!
Desolation [TLA]

Posted by: tirbevoli.9745

tirbevoli.9745

ok well that definitly confirms that this healing skill is garbage. Even if the base heal worked on allies it was still a tough healing skill to choose over the other options. You should at least make it scale better with healing power if it isnt an aoe heal.

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

Also please change Wall of Reflection to
“Blocks some incoming projectiles with no common trend or indication of which enemies will still be able to shoot through”

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

Actually what the antitoxin doesn’t do is heal. Its heal is so pitiful we’re better off not using it.

The obstacle is the path.

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Sadly, a lot of things in game are worded poorly, not giving the correct description or an incomplete description of what an item actually accomplishes. This goes a bit deeper into event descriptions as well.

You should have heard the confusion in Ventrillo last night between guild mates and the current event, what’s going on?? What to kill? Not getting the correct items, doesn’t make sense. These are seasoned MMO players with years, even decades of experience being brought to exacerbation by a simple event.

Exploration is one thing, discovery is another, but frustration is not warranted or needed.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I have to agree, the wording on this skill is extremely poor: “Use antitoxin to heal yourself and nearby allies while also removing toxic pollen, poison, torment and confusion.””

Where in that description does it indicate that the ally healing is based on removing conditions? Not only does it NOT indicate it, the wording CLEARLY says the opposite: Heal yourself and nearby allies WHILE ALSO…..

It’s causing a lot of confusion and needs to be fixed.

Morfedel.4165

Do such a wording for
, too

You may also use

To be fair, Well of Blood actually says “initial self heal” in it.

Morfedel.4165

The Antitoxin Spray skill only heals allies that have torment, confusion, poison, or toxic pollen and it heals per each condition it removes. If your ally has only poison, it will heal them a less than it would heal an ally with all conditions. If none of the allies around you have any conditions on them, it will not heal any allies. It’s base healing only applies to the user of the skill.

The tool-tip does not describe that conditional requirement in its current form and seems very misleading and incomplete.

Autumn, would you please place this item in your tracker for a rewording of the tool-tip to specify this requirement? Personally, I feel Adjusted #2 most accurately and clearly relays the skill’s function to the user.

Current:

“Use antitoxin to heal yourself and nearby allies while also removing toxic pollen, poison, torment and confusion.”

Adjusted: #1

“Heal yourself. Removes toxic pollen, poison, torment and confusion from you and nearby allies, gaining health for each condition removed.”

Adjusted: #2

“Heal yourself. You and nearby allies are also cleansed of toxic pollen, poison, torment and confusion and gain health for each condition removed.”

You could also do what Well of Blood does and have the “healing” line say “Initial Self Heal”

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I can see how this skill could have some use in some very rare cases but overall it ain’t worth using. I tried it on my ranger last night, both in open world and in level 40 fractals, but it’s inferior in every way to good old healing spring (both for me and for allies). The idea anyone would pay 250 pristine spore samples and 5 gold on top of that for this skill is utterly absurd. Spending 25 skill points on it is a bit better but still kinda expensive for a skill that doesn’t even heal my pet. New skill? Thanks but no thanks, I’ll stay far from it on my other characters.

Morfedel.4165

This skill WOULD be good in condition heavy areas where not everyone has healing spring. Take, for example, Twilight Arbor.

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Do such a wording for
, too

You may also use

Did you read the text you quoted and commented on?

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

This skill WOULD be good in condition heavy areas where not everyone has healing spring. Take, for example, Twilight Arbor.

It only removes (and heals for) 4 types of conditions, which I rarely see combined during 1 fight. Even in TA, it’s usually not worth it.

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Previous

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Just to clarify, the Skills Team does have this on their radar and will be looking into the wording of the Antitoxin Spray tooltip based on how they have worded all of our previous skills.

Morfedel.4165

Do such a wording for
, too

You may also use

Did you read the text you quoted and commented on?

Yes, I did. But I misread it. :P~~~

(edited by Morfedel.4165)

Morfedel.4165

It only removes (and heals for) 4 types of conditions, which I rarely see combined during 1 fight. Even in TA, it’s usually not worth it.

Possibly. I wonder how well it will work in, say, wvw zergs; so many conditions flying around so fast… then again, you still have to be close to the other people to make it worthwhile in that case.

Morfedel.4165

Just to clarify, the Skills Team does have this on their radar and will be looking into the wording of the Antitoxin Spray tooltip based on how they have worded all of our previous skills.

Thanks.

Tell me, what are their thoughts on the skill’s efficacy?