AoE skills with a 1 target limit

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Several AoE skills, like Lightning Flash and Explosive Rockets, inadvertly got a target limit of 1 during the recent patch. It should probably be 3 for the rockets. Otherwise them being AoE makes no sense.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

It make sense. Being aoe is nothing to do with target limit.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

According to patch notes 1 is correct for Lightning Flash and Rocket Turret.

ThiBash.5634

It doesn’t make sense. You get an explosion, and it only hits 1 random target?
And the patch notes only added the skill fact. That doesn’t mean the skill should act that way.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Do not try to make sense of AoE limits. That isn’t going to go anywhere.

Posted by: jway.8293

jway.8293

Visually that doesn’t make sense (explosion = AoE). and personally I do believe the skill fact should also work (make sense) with the visuals; this could be minor though in terms of mechanics and profession balance but does contribute to gameplay experience.

same thing, if you see a huge meteor hitting on your target and only caused 100 dmg in a lvl 80 area, you’d laugh. so Khisanth has his point.

ThiBash.5634

Do not try to make sense of AoE limits. That isn’t going to go anywhere.

I get why there’s an AoE limit. I don’t get why there’s a limit of one target.

I mean, realism aside, what’s the point in overcharging the rocket turret if it’s gonna hit a random target instead of your normal target? Especially given that rediculous arc that it has. Or lightning flashing to someone and hitting a critter instead of your target? At least with a 3 target limit, you have a decent chance of actually hitting your intended target. 1 target limit aoe is just silly.

(edited by ThiBash.5634)