Arah P4 - Giganticus Lupicus not hostile [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Messiah.6037

Messiah.6037

The doors of the boss area are open. But the boss isn’t turning hostile. NPC is in the area. Block my progress after more then 2hours….. really a shame

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Lend.7250

Lend.7250

Very recently did all the Arah paths and they were working just fine. That is with the exception of Path4.

On Path4 Giganticus Lupicus is a great slacker… He doenst start the fight, just keeps sleeping like Snow white after a nice juicy red aple.

Allready tried to do this path4, 3 times now. And always the same result.

I would like to know if anyone else is having this trouble, and would like to know from Anet when they foresee to have this fixed. Cause its very frustrating to run for 30 mins on that path just to find Mr. Giganticus Slacker, Slacking big time.

Tyvm

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

Please, tell us when you’ll be able to reach Simin. THAT will be funny to read xD

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

Simin is not bugged why would that be funny to read? Simin is easy actually..you just need specific tools, aka high dps.

On topic same thing just happent to us.. lupicus will not go enemy stays friendly.. 2 days ago last boss did not spawn in path4 after we downed Simin. So we decided to try again and boom lupicus is bugged now.

I’m telling you arenanet at least tell us it is in your list to fix these or exclude arah path4 from dungeon master.

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

We also encountered this bug of Giganticus taking a nap. Frustrating!

Edit: looks like this isn’t the first time this bug has been ignored
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Arah-way-4-Giganticus-Lupicus-did-not-start

Attachments:

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

(edited by Bertrand.3057)

Posted by: Lend.7250

Lend.7250

Today give it another try and was blessed with a fight from Lupicus. Really Felt like that when the cinematic kicked in and we got the chance to fight it.

Im a little disappointed to be honested with the lack of any official response from Anet. After 3 ingame reports and 1 report on official forums would have been nice to had some kind response regarding a issue that is indeed fun breaking. And fun its what makes us play this game in 1st place.

Happy to report to whoever is interested, that after 1 hour trying Dwayna we got the hang of it. Followed Tyu.9470 advice and he was indeed right.

Dwayna is a Problem that is resolved with Violence. In this case… Extreme Violence LoLz.

Still i hope that Anet Acknowleges there is a problem on this path, cause is very frustrating to run that path to be unable to progress because of a bug. And since there is no word about it… We cant guess When/if is fixed or not.

Tyvm for your attention

tyu.9470

Yea i am not sure which annoys me more..the fact that things are bugged in this path OR that Anet tells nothing about it.

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

First time running P4 today with a group full of people who’ve also never done it before, was really fun^^, buuht came to lupi and he was just sitting there. Nothing ever happened, and there was no way to reset him =/.

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

Laii.2780

Also jus gona point out there are two other threads with this problem with path four. As if people needed more reason not to do path four, it already is the the most difficult and time consuming, its also very likly to be bugged > <.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Arah-way-4-Giganticus-Lupicus-did-not-start

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Arah-dungeon-Path-4-buged

Messiah.6037

We also killed everything around him, walked back nothing solved it. It’s just a bummer that p4, wich is a hard path, is bugged and it’s not a unkown bug…

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

I’m sorry to hear this happened! Can you provide any details on what your party did prior to this bug occurring? We haven’t been able to reproduce this issue or identify why it might be happening, so any additional background would help.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Apparently this can occasionally happen if Randall is dead when you reach Lupicus. This is only a theory, though.

Posted by: Apocalypse.3986

Apocalypse.3986

Well this just happen to us right now… I have ran this dungeon on path 4 the last 2 days and there is a couple of problems with it… Either giganticus lupicus is non aggro when we get here or when we get to simin and fight her we will dps her down to 50% and she then goes stealth and then we put the sparks in and she heals to about 70% and as soon as we get to 50% again no matter how long it takes 1 minute or 5 minutes at 50% she goes stealth again.. i have fought her 4 times now and she does it everytime… she could be at 70% health or 60% no matter what at 50% she goes stealth and cant kill her and makes path 4 impossible to finish past her

tyu.9470

i am 100% sure randall was dead when we reached lupicus. It then teleport on top of us thou making no changes on boss. Sadly i do not remember any other detail but it is a common bug so if you asked, for instance in reddit i’m sure you’d get the info you need.

As for simin, is this tactic legit or a bug? – Put simin 50% – put all but 1 sparks in – wait simin to reset – put simin 50% – put in 1 spark which counts as the last spark because you put others before. – nuke simin down.
Also could you look at the last boss (shard going enemy) too? it is almost same as this bug. The event kill risen around shard does not go away after killing them.

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Thanks for the response, I don’t recall if Randall was dead when we first got to Lupicus. I also failed to clarify in my original post that, like the others, we were attempting Path 4 when this happened.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Apocalypse.3986

were at simin right now and the same thing is happening.. but were trying ot beat her to be sure its not tactics

Posted by: Tub.4560

Tub.4560

There are at least two older threads about the issue:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Arah-way-4-Giganticus-Lupicus-did-not-start/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Arah-dungeon-Path-4-buged/first
Both contain some details of what people did before lupi bugged.

Laii.2780

poke
I tried path again today when my group wanted to against my will, still had bug^^;;. Still have no idea what is causing it ; ;.

Attachments:

Apocalypse.3986

we just beat simin… 9 hours on path 4 alone

Messiah.6037

We just followed the normal dungeon path, until we reached the Giganticus.
The NPC did die in the room before Giganticus.

We tried to walk the hole path back, killed every foe around there.

Posted by: MisJean.8301

MisJean.8301

Right now we are standing in front of lupi and he is still sitting there quietly

Laii.2780

UPDATE^^
Oki, got into Path 4 today and lupi aggroed. I’m not sure exactly what was different, buuht I can say Randall Greyston(the NPC) did not die in the room before like he normally does.

The only other thing our group did different, is we killed the priestess of lyssa the “right” way.^^;;. IF you attack her right when she appears, and don’t stop. she’ll never fight back, just stanign there trying ot /bow or somthing the entire fight.

I think its one of these two things that have to do with Lupi, snese only thing I did different/made sure of these runs as oppose to others ; ;. Hope it helps~

Posted by: MisJean.8301

MisJean.8301

We did it! We also killed Lyssa like Laii said, also our npc died before the door to lupi but didnt matter. Lyssa bugged like 3times but if u dont attack her he will start attacking again. I think the thing is you must kill Lyssa while she attacking and you must go in lupi room with the npc alive.
(We killed the champ outside Lupi, dont know if it matters )

(edited by MisJean.8301)

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

Just tried to run this again for the second time and both times we’ve had this Lupi bug. The first time we definitely fought Lyssa without bugging her out. Both times Randall was dead when we entered Lupi’s room though, then he teleported in behind us. The cutscene never plays out though and Lupi is not attackable.

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle