Arah Path 1 - Bugged After Defeating the Final Boss

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sadomator.6419

Sadomator.6419

As the title says, after we defeated the final boss (Jotun Stargazer), the door to the telescope room won’t open, no cutscene at all. Yes, we WASTED 3 hours for NOTHING, great. This is my 3rd run on Path 1, never bugged before.

Just a suggestion to anyone, DON’T DO Arah Path 1 before they fix this issue. Someone at Reddit has the same issue as me.

Garl Vinnland – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Six.8051

Six.8051

same. happened twice with my group now. it’s very frustrating to spend hours in a dungeon only to get screwed by a stupid door in the end. i wish anet had some in-game gm’s to deal with this bullkitten.

Attachments:

Posted by: Quietlife.4036

Quietlife.4036

I’m also a victim here. Just did path 1, Jotun Stargazer died and door wouldn’t open. Basically my group spent 2 hours doing this for some crappy green drops. I don’t expect to be compensated as you guys have “no way to create items and give them to us” (crappy excuse?). Please fix this asap.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jakar.3685

Jakar.3685

I ve had this bug myself and it’s very demotivating after doing the whole dungeon to not get any rewards for completing it. I ll not do p1 or 4 for this reason since they are both very long and prone on bugging.

Path 1 bugs after the final boss. Path 4 bugs either at giganticus lupicus not becoming aggresive or the final boss not becoming aggresive.

Please fix these bugs and the bug in the events to open the arah gates. I love Arah and it’s by far the best dungeon in GW2, but this is very frustrating.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Happened to me too… I checked the forums a day beforehand and only saw people having issues on Path4 so we assumed we could still try this path. NOPE.

Can Anet Track everyone who made it this far, and reimburse us for this if we have proof we beat it? ….I seem to recall being reimbursed Tokens during that Diminishing Returns bug a few weeks ago even though I didn’t /bug report most of them. I DID /bug this in-game though so hopefully they’ll catch it there? (if this hadn’t taken 4 hours just to get to this gate, I wouldn’t even be posting here…. but it did and that’s a huge time investment by anyone’s standards).

Attachments:

Quietlife.4036

They won’t reimburse your tokens, they’ll just apologize and tell you that they can’t do anything about it.

Posted by: Sadomator.6419

Sadomator.6419

My friend sent a bug report in-game and ask for a compensation, 1 day later he got an answer. The support team said that they don’t have any tools to do that (to reward 5 of us).

Don’t you guys dare to try Arah Path 1 and 4 before they fix this issue, or you’ll waste your precious 3-4 hours for nothing

Garl Vinnland – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle

Quietlife.4036

October 1st patch is here, is Path 1 still bugged? It doesn’t state any changes to Arah Explorable in the patch notes so they probably didn’t do anything about it…does anyone in Arenanet even know about this? I mean this is only the 5th thread about path 1 being bugged.

Quietlife.4036

Figured, I was about to do path 1 with my group but decided on being safe instead with path 3. Either the developers don’t know how to fix this or they are passing this off until enough people complain. After all this is the part of the forums where people are supposed to notify the employees that a section of their game is bugged. Where is the response?

Posted by: ChocolateTruffleCake.3809

ChocolateTruffleCake.3809

still bugged. even after a month.

Attachments:

Posted by: nuffy.7930

nuffy.7930

Even if we dragged the npc outside before the battle, she will teleport to us and run through the fire ring, instantly downing her.

After reviving, she won’t open the door for us.

I want my Dungeon Master Title, path completion of Arah Path 1 and my 60 badges asap, Anet. Bug Report has also been sent.

(edited by nuffy.7930)

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Can anyone else confirm that the iconic died during the fight? We suspect this may be tied to something breaking on death. Thanks!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Ibuki.7042

Ibuki.7042

After killing the boss, the NPC runs into the flamering which is still active at this point, supposedly trying to open the door to the final room.
She dies, and the event (opening the door) stops, and doesn’t restart after resurrecting her.
The NPC did not die during the fight, but afterwards.
That’s why none of us can get any rewards.

Posted by: Mythazor.4570

Mythazor.4570

Can anyone else confirm that the iconic died during the fight? We suspect this may be tied to something breaking on death. Thanks!

Yes, Jason, the NPC died. I just got this bug 1 minute ago.

Second time we can’t finish this path.

Posted by: Frosty.8491

Frosty.8491

I can confirm that the door does NOT open when the NPC dies.

IGN: Lyla Frostheart
Legion of Doom [LOD] | www.lodgw.com
Retired

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Thanks for the confirmation! This does have to do with the NPC running through the fire and dying. We’ll be getting a bug on this into our system, and working on a fix after that.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: ajpearman.2586

ajpearman.2586

Lovely! I have run this dungeon completely about 4 times now, and only completed it once due to the bug at the end. I do love this path and the bosses/mechanics involved, but the bug has everyone avoiding it like the plague.

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

We’re at the door. It’s bugged for us too. So frustrating.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

How long does it take to fix npc by giving her simple fire immunity? I ask how long will you fix bug that was present since launch probably and still occurs?

Or get people from company to work as Game Masters who can go and help bugged players, open gates that are stuck all the time (Arah, CoF).

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”