Arah Story, Chopper not coming to Airship [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Smoke.8510

Smoke.8510

Chopper got stuck on Arah story, that’s extreamly annoying. It’s right in the middle of the dungeon and we had to restart. And now its stuck and we cant reenter from new.

Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy [LiES] (Leader)||Doesn’t afraid of anything.|

(edited by Smoke.8510)

Posted by: Kendokarate.5806

Kendokarate.5806

I was going through Arah story last evening, 1/31, and my group was stopped from boarding the helicopter from the airship. The airship had stopped moving and wouldn’t move towards the helicopter/the helicopter wouldn’t move towards the airship. We eventually zoned out through WvW, regrouped, restarted the dungeon, and were able to finish it with no issues. I submitted a bug report, but wanted to post on the forums as well to see if anyone else has encountered a similar problem.

Posted by: tomtiger.8279

tomtiger.8279

I went in the arah story mode last evening and encountered a bug in which once the objective had changed to “board the chopper and destroy the….” we could not enter the chopper.
Please sort this bug out so i can finish my story please
I’ve had this happen to me 2 times now.

Posted by: Jerhien.5430

Jerhien.5430

This just happened to me and a group I was running with twice, consecutively. Looks like it’s busted for now!

Posted by: Pier.2895

Pier.2895

same thing happened to me…

Posted by: Demondim.7046

Demondim.7046

Well, I finally got it completed yesterday.
It shouldn’t take 6 attempts, but there you go.
Rewards weren’t worth it, and still wouldn’t have been even if I had only recently hit 80.
Still, at least the kitten info thing at top right of my screen is now gone.

Smoke.8510

Twice now. stop breaking things.

Posted by: Sam.1403

Sam.1403

Three times! When is this going to be fixed? It’s been borked for ages.

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Same thing just happened to my party, got to it twice and same thing happened. chopper just wont come to the airship.

Posted by: mehyaM.3042

mehyaM.3042

Bugged as well for me. Restarted twice. The helicopter stops halfway when the cutscene starts. Cutscene is causing it to bug.

Posted by: RazShra.6108

RazShra.6108

Same thing happened to my group. We tried several times but we never got past that part.

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Cut-scene is occurring too soon, cut-scene is supposed to happen once the chopper arrives.

Smoke.8510

once again, something that’s been broken since beta goes ignored.

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

hasnt been broken since beta. if it was there would be 0 pact weapons in the game

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

Weird, it isn’t broken in my server. Jade Quarry.

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

Was ready to do Arah story last night for the first time! Lucked out that the waypoint was open when I logged in. But couldn’t get a group on Tarnished Coast, because everyone said it was getting stuck. I agreed that it was not a good idea to try. Sigh…

Posted by: PoembaNL.7530

PoembaNL.7530

Same bug happenen to me.. we tried the dungeon twice. did the same thing both times at the chopper pickup.. the chopper didnt come to the airship.

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

Can this get fixed already, please? No point introducing more bugged content while there are still bugs in the old.

‘We will release the game when it’s ready.’ Yeah, cool story, bro.

Posted by: Solly Two.6874

Solly Two.6874

same i just tried twice and gets bugged after cut scene..

Solly – Ranger – Sylvari

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Can anyone provide more information on what you were doing prior to the dungeon getting into this state? We haven’t been able to repro this issue naturally and would be interested if there’s a way you can consistently trigger this.

Thanks!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Lynksy.7450

Lynksy.7450

I’ve ran into this bug as well. It seems to have something to do with killing the giants too fast. If you kill all the giants before the airship stops moving, the chopper will bug out. If you wait till the airship stops moving and then kill the giants, the airship will start moving again after you kill them and go to the place where the chopper is.
So the safe way to do this dungeon is to wait till the airship stops moving before you use the reflector cannons to kill the giants.

Posted by: MacChruim.1635

MacChruim.1635

Just did the finale of “Arah Story Mode” twice with my guild and the chopper stayed a couple hundred feet off the bow of the airship the first time.

After we all quit and regrouped, I Googled “Arah story bug” while we decided what to do next, and of the four threads I saw, a quick count showed 15 “still bugged” versus 2 “worked for me’s.”

The group decided to try again despite the evidence against success, and we WERE able to successfully complete it the second time!

Posted by: brandonjclark.6518

brandonjclark.6518

Just happened to me. WTF? Fix this game-ending bug!

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Had the same problem 2 days ago. Left the instance and rebuilt the group. The second time we agreed not so skip any of the scenes after the giants before the chopper meets with the ship and that helped.

Not entirely sure if it will always work however or if we just got lucky during the second run.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

brandonjclark.6518

I should add that I just re-entered the instance and this time it worked. We skipped cut-scenes just fine.

However, we kept some enemies alive until the airship came.

brandonjclark.6518

Can anyone provide more information on what you were doing prior to the dungeon getting into this state? We haven’t been able to repro this issue naturally and would be interested if there’s a way you can consistently trigger this.

Thanks!

Jason, try killing all enemies rather quickly before the airship arrives.

brandonjclark.6518

Another thing we did differently the time it worked was after killing the 3rd boss we WALKED to the airship pickup point (before you board). The first time many of us used waypoints.

Posted by: dsokua.8945

dsokua.8945

Thanks!

Hi Jason. Thank you for taking the time to check this issue.

We are able to replicate the chopper bug in Kaineng server by killing (deflecting their attacks) the Giants very fast. After killing them, the ship will move a little bit but before the chopper reaches the ship, a cut-scene is triggered. After the cut-scene, the chopper and the ship stop their movement instantly blocking progress.

We were able to get around this bug by just letting the ship move AND not attack the giants. The ship will automatically stop in the middle of the giants, this is the time we proceeded in killing them. The ship then moves then the chopper arrives and a cut-scene is triggered. Hope this helps other players needing to complete the story mode.

Cheers,
Don

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

Nothing special, were fighting. Finished fighting, skipped cutscene.

Attachments:

Posted by: Riku.9743

Riku.9743

Me and a group of people were trying to finish arah story mode. It was going well until you get on the ship for the first time. Once you bored the ship, defeat the giant risen, and clear the ship a cutscene talking about the helicopter comes into play. Once the cutsene is over the ship is idle in place and you cannot continue. I would apreciate if the devs would look into and fix this. Thank you.

Posted by: Riku.9743

Riku.9743

Oh and yes we did try it twice.

Posted by: orogenesis.6925

orogenesis.6925

Same here, we tried twice. The chopper won’t come up to the air ship and nothing else happens.

Posted by: Draha.9387

Draha.9387

Solution is simple – just don’t skip cut scene before the chopper. As soon as it ends, chopper is near the ship. Had similiar problem yeserday, on second run our guildie advised not to skip the cut scenes on the ship and it helped. Hope it would work for u.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

This is still happening. Happened today to us twice.

Posted by: Era.2930

Era.2930

Had this same issue several times now, once last weekend and twice in a row this weekend. Have reported this in game as well

Posted by: helosie.4781

helosie.4781

This bug is STILL present where the chopper to pick us up and drop us off at the next area from the airship after dealing with the giants throwing muck at us does not come close to the ship to move us to the next area.

Iron-Bound [IB]
Gate of Madness

Posted by: Ponder.3647

Ponder.3647

Confirmed, bug reported w/ screenshot. Evidently, this is a pretty common bug.

Ponder.3647

Two attempts in a row have resulted in the Chopper stopping halfway to the airship. This bug is pretty agitating, as I’d really like to complete my story, but cannot. :S Events go as follows:

Group spams skill “2” on guns to kill giants.
Commence cutscene. (Note: Both times, some party members have skipped the cutscene).
Chopper slowly moves toward ship and then stops partway and just stays there. Unable to reset the event to attempt to fix.

My thoughts: It’s likely that group members skipping the cutscene might be the cause. I’m unable to test this thoroughly as noone will run Arah Story with me anymore. :P

Ponder.3647

Also, this time I had definitely used the following skills while the airship was in motion. Elixir H + Toss Elixir H, Elixir B + Toss Elixir B, Elixir U + Toss Elixir U and Toss Elixir S. I typically rotate through my elixirs just to keep my buffs up, and had done so after the cutscene. I can’t remember if I had done this the first time this bugged for me but it might be worth looking into.

Posted by: Feyd Rautha.7298

Feyd Rautha.7298

Looks like from the screen shot posted in this thread that the chopper has come fully to its position, it seems like the airship has stopped too far away. I remember the airship being much closer to the island before the chopper arriving.

!(wired)?(coffee++):(wired);

Posted by: Era.2930

Era.2930

After more investigation on this we tried the following with the results:

1. noone skip the cutscenes – result: instance bugs
2. noone uses waypoints and walks at all times – result: instance bugs
3. only use 1 gun shield on the right of the ship at the giants – result: instance worked

When running the instance we noticed that the ship pauses briefly at the point where it often bugs out. We also noticed that the giants seem to die much faster than they used to. Therefore we made sure the giants were not all dead at the point where the airship pauses or bugs (in other tries they always were dead due to the reflecting shields being used on all three guns).

Seemed to work, will test again at the weekend to see if it can reliably be proven that its the giants getting killed too early causing the issue

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

its the giants getting killed too early causing the issue

This is what we suspect as well. We’ll be including a potential change for this in an upcoming update that should hopefully fix the issue.

Thank you, everyone!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Sir Loin of Beef.6280

Sir Loin of Beef.6280

This is an old post, but we still ran into the bug tonight – chopper wouldn’t come to ship. We had to restart. So I thought I’d post that in case anyone else did as well. Hard to believe this still hasn’t been fixed 3 years later!!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I’m sorry that happened to you, but it really is quite unlikely that in three years, you’ve experienced the one and only repeat of a fixed bug. More likely something else caused the issue you experienced. I hope that this doesn’t happen again for you or anyone, but in case it does, we ask that you please report in the game so the devs get the information that the system sends for in-game reports.

Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet