Arc Lightning Goes FOREVER

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: target dummy.3126

target dummy.3126

I’m writing to let you know that in some instances, my Elementalist’s Arc Lightning (#1 skill in Air Attunement, Main Hand) continues on for over a minute after I have killed the target. I realize that it is a 5 second timed/channeled skill (meaning that it will continue until the progress bar has reached the end), but sometimes it keeps going when the enemy is dead and I’ve run for 30 seconds and have had no subsequent combat.

Examples include both serious combat situations and, my sadistic personal favorite, when I go bunny thumping. The poor Rabbit gets fried instantly, but the lightning keeps going and going until I join combat later (sometimes over a minute later).

If the target is well out of visual range, the lightning just continues to flare directly in front of my toon while I run or, if I’m still within visual range, the lightning blazes between me and the target no matter how many hills are between us (going through said hills). While this has created many humorous comments from my party members of “Stop killin’ the Bunny!” or “He’s Dead, Jim!”, I think there might be a bug that prohibits Arc Lighting from ending when it should.

Thanks,
T.D.

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

I’ve had this problem. Arc Lightning is the most consistent, but I’ve also seen this issue with other skills, particularly Air Magic. Ride the Lightning continues after it should stop and sending me into walls, objects, or mobs, and a lot of others leave my hand crackling and my character in the casting pose when the skill has already ended.

On a related note, across all professions I’ve had problems with my buttons on the skill bar sticking and continuing to pulse as if they were active, even after I’ve used them. The only way I’ve found to get this to stop is to use the skill again.

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

Posted by: VerSo.1580

VerSo.1580

I’ve had this since the game was launched and is the reason why I only use the staff atm. I also have the neverending pulsung skill bug but that’s not as annoying. Just hoping that all these broken skills get fixed one day. I have to say that I am amazed that even with the huge number of bugs I encounter wachten day, the game itself remains great fun. I don’t get it :p

Posted by: Brutus Tarsi.1283

Brutus Tarsi.1283

I had this going on today as well. I was in Caledon Forest and was attempting the jumping puzzle for the floating island. I killed a risen brute on ground level, and was still casting Arc Lightning from the middle of the jumping puzzle. I finally /sleep and it made it stop, but it drives me nuts. In fact, I avoid using air and scepter as much as possible because of it.

Posted by: Cozwood.3286

Cozwood.3286

I stop it by putting my weapons away. I bound the Z key to “Stow / Draw Weapons”,
and just hit that to stop the sparks.

target dummy.3126

Thought I would post a couple pics to show my toon running away having killed the target a long time ago but still shooting lightning behind me at a corpse in the distance.

Attachments:

target dummy.3126

And also my toon swimming away from the corpse and the Arc Lightning fizzling in my face and generally being annoying.

Attachments: