Arcane WAVE not working in water (not BLAST)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nostrabobus.2913

Nostrabobus.2913

One of the recent patches has caused the Arcane Blast skill to not function when the character is under water. I have experienced this on the Yak’s Bend server. I checked it several times to verify if just the visual effect was no longer working or if the skill itself was no longer operating. I found no effect on enemies at any distance, including adjacent and co-located, and no visual effect.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Repair your guild wars dat file. I just tested it with my elementalist and it has no issues working underwater. Make sure you’re looking in the combat chat tab as well.

Nostrabobus.2913

Thanks for the suggestion but how do I ‘repair’ the gw2.dat file? Delete and reload? the thing is almost 18GB. Is there some utility within the game to do a check and repair?

Nostrabobus.2913

OK… Now I feel like an idiot. I found the REPAIR command line option. Ran the repair. All went clean. I went in and tried the skill again and realized I put the wrong skill name in the title. The skill not working is ARCANE WAVE, not Arcane BLAST.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Arcane Wave underwater was changed to cast on your target since when you’re in underwater combat you would need a surface to use it as a ground targeted aoe.

Nostrabobus.2913

When was it changed…again? I remember it was changed a while back to ground targeted and did not work so well under water. But a subsequent patch made it centered on the caster when in water. When did it change to a targeted skill when in water? It was working as caster centered until one of the recent patches. I just double checked it and yes it does function when a target is selected…thanks for the update, but I am left scratching my head. Either I missed it in one of the patch notes or it was left off…