Are ascended items using correct stats?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ernizzle.2896

Ernizzle.2896

Hi, I did not find this question answered on the forums so I wanted to know if this is by design or by accident.

The Vine of the Pale tree and the Bagh Nakh both use the Valkyrie stats for the “upgrade slot” of the stats, however the main item itself uses berserk stats. Thus leading to an odd pairing of 50 precision and 18 vitality. The reason I ask is because if you want Valkyrie stats you are missing 50 vitality and if you want Berserker stats you are missing 18 precision. The other thing is that there is a full Berserker version of the rings (Red Ring of Death) but not a full Valkyrie version. This same issue applies to the new amulets.

Just wanted to know if this was on purpose (imo convert them to full Valkyrie to offer better/consistent itemization) or just an accident.

Edit: Also a good follow up question is what was the decision for doing it this way if it is correct?

(edited by Ernizzle.2896)

Posted by: Ernizzle.2896

Ernizzle.2896

After looking at the items more I have noticed this is rather unique to these two rings. The other rings all have the correct matching of stats such as soldiers/soldiers or explorers/explorers which makes me think this was an accident.

Posted by: Tempest Darqmane.4862

Tempest Darqmane.4862

I’m hoping this isn’t intentional, the amulets follow the same trend. I’m sad without Ascended Valkyrie stat rings.