Armor dye keeps resetting

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DarkStar.3620

DarkStar.3620

Hi,

I’m having this weird issue on one of my characters. Whenever I log in, my armor dyes get reset to some strange default (even containing colors I haven’t yet unlocked!)
However, the color fields show the correct colors. When I try and change some colors, it works fine in the preview, but as soon as I close the window it just resets back to these defaults.

I’ve had this for some time now, before it would just reset after every second login or so, but now I cannot change the colors at all anymore. I tried different armor pieces and it happens on every single one of them.

It also only happens on one of my characters, the others are fine.

Because it’s so hard to explain I made a small video to demonstrate it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Mb8gh_gKE

Has anyone ever seen anything like that before? Anyone know a fix?

Thanks
-Darkstar

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Lol (not laughing at you but at the situation, I felt silly when I discovered it..) From what I see you are in a WvW map, right? Check your options and see the option about Team Color. If it’s set to Everyone you will see yourself and everyone else tinted with the team colors. That’s the reason for that, not a bug actually. Your team is blue, that’s why your armor is blueish. Look everyone else around you and you will see them tinted the same way.

I went through the same thing and it took me a while to figure out why that, my char kept appearing with a greenish tone and whatever change I did it never worked.

Try to set it to None or Enemy Only if you don’t want to see yourself with odd colors.

Posted by: DarkStar.3620

DarkStar.3620

okay, now that’s really stupid, but it actually makes kinda sense… And I just checked it, of course you are right

I just wonder why that option changed to “everyone” for me but to “off” for apparently everyone else (because nobody could tell me the reason for it)

thanks for helping me keep my sanity

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

hehe, you are welcome. I can’t recall what the default value is for that option, but it drove me nuts a lot of times before I could figure out why it was happening lol. Maybe I changed it without know what it really is meant for and then when I saw its effect I had no idea it had anything to do lol. I believe the default is Off, so you must have changed it at some point for some reason and didn’t know what would be its effects, like I did. Anyway, there you are, mystery solved hehe.