Ascalonian ghosts no longer "ghosts"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

so i came across this, and was wondering is it a bug or intentional? some ghosts are actual ghosts blue and pale but not this one.

Attachments:

Posted by: maplemist.5897

maplemist.5897

Pretty sure it is a bug, and it happens a lot within AC.
The biggest problem is the AC path 2 boss, both the Ghost Eater and those oozes spawns does not have the blue glow when they spawned.

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

yeah, i dont see it as a major problem. These ascalonian female mages are hot! ^-^ but ya i wonder what caused this bug..

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

Not just AC. Go around the siege event for Shatterer, and you’ll see lots of “resurrected” ascalonians.
Long live Ascalon! It’s time to take it back from those furry kittens!
Probably related to some “fix” (I’m pretty sure by now that Arenanet and I understand different things for that word) for mesmer illusions on last big patch.

Posted by: evaahriley.9856

evaahriley.9856

Another post suggested that it has to do with the culling options. I found that the ghostliness of ghosts and illusions only returned when I set my character model limit to medium and character model quality to highest. I previously had these options set to low and had the same problem.

TC

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’ve heard that this issue of ghosts/mesmer phantasms losing their ghostliness at low Character Model Limit/Quality settings has been corrected. Can anyone confirm this?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve heard that this issue of ghosts/mesmer phantasms losing their ghostliness at low Character Model Limit/Quality settings has been corrected. Can anyone confirm this?

I use low quality character models, and some ghosts are ghosts and some ghosts are not. It is about half and half in Plains of Ashford. Haven’t been in AC or elsewhere, so I can’t comment on that.

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

It happens to me, and I too, heard it was the new Low end character model, however, if they respawn, they will be ghosts. Initially, they are not.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Ah, thank you Inculpatus and Nalora. I wasn’t sure if it had been fixed based on what I was hearing and it’s unfortunate to now hear that it has not. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Doesn’t this happen a lot to enemies/ creatures that were once ghosts?

Unfortunately I never read someone complaining that the ranger spirits changed from a ghostly appearance to look all the same and “normal”. (I am not sure if that was intentional or if it ever has been that way.. I remembered my spirits to be unique and ghostly.. but who knows.. ^^)

And then they had this bug where oak hearts changed their appearance.. maybe that was connected to it? (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/What-happened-to-Oakhearts/first#post2289002)

The change of ghostly to not-so-ghostly appeared after they fixed that issue..

Posted by: Noif.7821

Noif.7821

I have seen this bug quite long time that these Ascalonian ghosts are like normal humans or semi-ghost in Ascalonian area and in AC.

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Maybe it is not a bug but has something to do with the lore perhaps? It looks intentional.