Ascended Ring Attunement

Ascended Ring Attunement

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sinic.3926

Sinic.3926

Is there a reason why I can’t attune my rings? I recall Dessa’s Krewe being disabled a few days ago. Does it have anything to do with that?

Attachments:

Ascended Ring Attunement

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

If your ring is infused before heart of thorns, it won’t appear in the mystic forge.

Also. I infused a Ring of Light today. Then I joyfully discovered I couldn’t attune that either after finding out the previous fact minutes before hand.

Let’s seriously hope these are bugs that are going to be fixed.

Ascended Ring Attunement

Posted by: Mikael Sanford.7634

Mikael Sanford.7634

Could someone from ANet let us know if the problem is getting looked into? Rings are not THAT expensive, especially when we can take off the infusions and I know people would love to do high level fractals with that infusion slot now. Shall we wait couple days or just get new rings?

Ascended Ring Attunement

Posted by: Rincebrain.4857

Rincebrain.4857

If your ring is infused before heart of thorns, it won’t appear in the mystic forge.

Also. I infused a Ring of Light today. Then I joyfully discovered I couldn’t attune that either after finding out the previous fact minutes before hand.

A workaround for this is probably to use one of the Infusion Extractors; I was about to say that I didn’t have this problem with my Infused Rings, then remembered that I used those to extract the infusions first…

Ascended Ring Attunement

Azure Prower.8701

A workaround for this is probably to use one of the Infusion Extractors; I was about to say that I didn’t have this problem with my Infused Rings, then remembered that I used those to extract the infusions first…

I did make use of those. They even destroyed my expensive precision infusions and reverted them into a regular +5 agony resistance.

Ascended Ring Attunement

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

That doesn’t work. Even if you remove all of the infusions, the old infused rings don’t show up as being usable in the forge. The only infused rings that seem to work are old non-infused rings that have been infused after the HoT patch or newly infused rings that drop from the fractal encryption boxes. Likewise, if you buy a ring from the vendor in FotM, that ring can be infused and then attuned without trouble.

If a ring was infused before HoT, the forge doesn’t recognize it as being part of a valid recipe even if its infusions have been extracted. It’s quite frustrating.

I did make use of those. They even destroyed my expensive precision infusions and reverted them into a regular +5 agony resistance.

I haven’t experienced the infusion extractors destroying infusions/converting them problem at all. And I’ve extracted a lot of infusions (well over 50). A few of them were fine infusions too.

(edited by Zedd.8239)

Ascended Ring Attunement

Azure Prower.8701

That doesn’t work. Even if you remove all of the infusions, the old infused rings don’t show up as being usable in the forge. The only infused rings that seem to work are old non-infused rings that have been infused after the HoT patch or newly infused rings that drop from the fractal encryption boxes. Likewise, if you buy a ring from the vendor in FotM, that ring can be infused and then attuned without trouble.

If a ring was infused before HoT, the forge doesn’t recognize it as being part of a valid recipe even if its infusions have been extracted. It’s quite frustrating.

I haven’t experienced the infusion extractors destroying infusions/converting them problem at all. And I’ve extracted a lot of infusions (well over 50). A few of them were fine infusions too.

Well, that’s all good for what you’ve experienced. It’s how ever happened to me and had to ticket support to get a replacement of such an expensive infusion.

Ascended Ring Attunement

Posted by: Lord David.3758

Lord David.3758

Im having this issue too and wondering if its on a list of things going to be fixed or will I have to go and earn a new ring to replace the bugged one :/

Ascended Ring Attunement

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

This whole ring attunement is a quality assurance disaster. I am not sure how they could miss this bug…

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Ascended Ring Attunement

Posted by: MibuGenjuro.2365

MibuGenjuro.2365

wow its been like a month and still no words from Anet regarding this bug, seriously bad costumer service.

Ascended Ring Attunement

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

wow its been like a month and still no words from Anet regarding this bug, seriously bad costumer service.

There have been words from ANet: it’s a known bug and they are working on it. Presumably (but not definitively), it will be fixed when the fractal adjustment patch goes live this month.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Ascended Ring Attunement

Posted by: MibuGenjuro.2365

MibuGenjuro.2365

There have been words from ANet: it’s a known bug and they are working on it. Presumably (but not definitively), it will be fixed when the fractal adjustment patch goes live this month.

Can you maybe point me to the post that Anet has responded regarding this bug?

Ascended Ring Attunement

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

If you open a support ticket and explain the situation to them, they will (potentially) replace the item for you. I know a few friends of mine had success with this.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Ascended Ring Attunement

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Can you maybe point me to the post that Anet has responded regarding this bug?

If you made a support ticket, which is the only way to contact “customer service.”

Ascended Ring Attunement

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I tried to infuse a red ring and a crystaline band today…

no luck getting them to show…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Ascended Ring Attunement

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Some of the rings are currently bugged. You can buy new ones to attune and infuse or you can wait for the fix (which I hope will be on Tuesday, but I haven’t seen specific confirmation that it will be part of the fractal patch).

It affects any rings that dropped as infused with an inherent +5 resistance (something to do with how the mystic forge sees these). Which is the reason that QA missed this — I’m sure it didn’t occur to anyone to think that pre-Fractured and post-Fractured rings could be different in any substantive way — still, it be interesting to know how they managed to end up with two rings called _ (infused) that weren’t identical.